Tom Dwan or Daniel Negreanu?

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom Dwan is one of my favorite players in poker, the second after Phil Ivey. Even the best players in the word are afraid to play on his table. In cash game he is intelligently using the fact that his opponents are afraid to lose their money. He is making incredible bluffs, which’s impossible to do by any other player except Phil Ivey.
When Negreanau is playing cash game, you see clearly that he is afraid to lose his money. But this is not the case for Dwan, he is very creative, he makes a big show... It's really a big pleasure to follow him.
For me I think that Neagreanau and Brunson are representing the old school, while Dwan and Ivey represent the modern poker school which is characterized by creativity.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dwan of course, because his skills and great plays, Negreanu was good a long time ago, nowdays is just for media ( just more one "star" in a big tournament) don't scare nobody

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My favorite professional player is Jason Mercier. He has a great style of play and I consider him the best poker player.
Good luck.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my view Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey are some of the best poker players in modern history. But, of course, there are also other very strong professional players.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrr for sure. I like negreanu because hes Canadian tho Haha

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i haven't really followed tom dwan, but i've seen clips of kid poker and his table presence and ability to read others seems impressive

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course Daniel Negreanu he knows how to do everything in poker.

T

timeforachange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember watching the high stakes poker on GSN and I always loved the moves dwan made, but watching that, I saw daniel make many moves and he wasnt afraid to lose his money he just got coolered more often than not. but yes there are old school and new school, I just enjoy any poker where the skill is shown, and its not as much luck..

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is a poker player, probably the best. Durr is a gambler, there is far more risk than knowledge in his game. It suits him to play with amateur millionaires.

ch1r4q

ch1r4q

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel for me, besides his incredible poker skills, he is very funny to watch/listen to. Always positive, with some funny comments and talks a lot about the decisions he is making, how he makes them. It's much easier to learn from a poker player like that imo.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dwan is the more entertaining player, Negreanu is the more entertaining person.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dwan. Daniel has went crazy in his old age.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom Dwan is one of my favorite players in poker, the second after Phil Ivey. Even the best players in the word are afraid to play on his table. In cash game he is intelligently using the fact that his opponents are afraid to lose their money. He is making incredible bluffs, which’s impossible to do by any other player except Phil Ivey.
When Negreanau is playing cash game, you see clearly that he is afraid to lose his money. But this is not the case for Dwan, he is very creative, he makes a big show... It's really a big pleasure to follow him.
For me I think that Neagreanau and Brunson are representing the old school, while Dwan and Ivey represent the modern poker school which is characterized by creativity.

I agree with you that maybe Tom Dwan can and represents a new and young school and this is good for him and for other participants who will study with him or follow his rules, but for me Daniel Negreanu is the best, I like his playing style, so my poker idol is daniel negreanu

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also idolize Negreanu, his reads are insane. Ivey used to be my favorite but don't see much of him anymore. Dwan is a very skilled player, but if I were to choose one player to represent my bankroll itd have to be D-Neg

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are extremely hard to compare. Tom Dwan can play Crazy Reckless. This Style works for him. Daniel Style is so Different it's so Hard To Pick. I just love Daniel's Chatting He can Talk and TALK And Talk. Love It and his Reads are insane. Good Luck at The Tables.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Whatever the actual question is in this thread but right answer is neither of them :cool:

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dwan, Brunson, Ivey... This post could have easily been written a decade ago.

I'd rather watch players like Jason Mercier and Nick Schulman. Nothing against Negreanu, he continues to be a force of nature.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tom Dwan is far more unpredictable than Negreanau, but he tends to make a bigger mistake than! Negreanau. Fact is more spectacular, more fun, but it doesn't always make a rational decision. Negreanau is more sympathetic to me, it may be more predictable, but more stable.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I couldn't pick either one of them they are both great players and fun to watch on TV. As far as the best goes I would say it is still Phil Ivey.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dwan coz that is what poker is about, to make big moves on high stakes to change your life to be B.I.G. Daniel though a a very calculated player entertaining and can learn alot from him, but Dwan is about that life!

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say that Dwan is already in slavery

Techniquez

Techniquez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always root for Neagreanu! Legendary status!

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu I guess, and about Dwan I prefer Isildur1.