Tiredness really doesnt help

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have properly rested and feel 100% I can run deep against the best, I can make the right decisions 90% of the time theres al;ways 10% where you dont believe what the villan is selling and call. But when I am Tired I tilt far too much.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have properly rested and feel 100% I can run deep against the best, I can make the right decisions 90% of the time theres al;ways 10% where you dont believe what the villan is selling and call. But when I am Tired I tilt far too much.

Too much of any hobby is detrimental in excess. People underestimate how much mental power goes into calculating poker plays.

Long sessions require focus, discipline, patience, and a steady temperament. It's so easy to tilt or manufacture a rivalry that makes you play worse against a lucky opponent. :p

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I feel tired, I never start playing poker, because usually such a game will only lead to losses. I believe that the player must be patient enough to make the right decisions. If I feel tired I usually have no patience.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You can't give a good performance when you're tired, I know how it is, I get hit with it quite often considering that during the day I'm on duty in the evening when I start playing poker after about 3 hours I can't play anymore and I retire

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this is not surprising !!!! If you are physically tired, it will be difficult for you to make the most correct decisions and this is obvious !!!

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tired(cont)

One soon realizes the importance of being patient and selective in your decisions as you move forward in growing your game. One thing I keep in mind when the time wears on in a tourney and I'm fighting for contention and a place at the final table...
"it costs nothing to pass"
...is true most of the time during the first round of betting in any given hand(I don't count the Little and Big Blinds.) This works for me in that it forces me to look at where I am at in the tourney, what my chip count is, what I need to do to make it through, and ultimately if the hand warrants risking ones tournament life.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure. If the night before I have a bad sleep, it will reflect the next day.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. I like poker a lot, but when I'm too tired, I don't even play the freerolls, because I'm sure I'm going to get sick in my hands.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here - unfortunately, the time that CCs Daily Freeroll starts is around 9pm in Central Europe Time..at the time you enter the final table, it is around 1am in the morning..especially tough if you have to work early on that same day :-O

Cheers

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the game should be fun for you in the first place. I doubt you will be able to enjoy the game if you feel tired. I am also convinced that only those players who enjoy the game can get money in the long run.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I am too tired I take the time to sleep 1 or 2 hours before the start of the game. he has nothing better to regain his strength and to be able to play his A game.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiredness really doesnt help - what do you think - tiredness could help? Tiredness does not help anywhere. You have to take time off. That's just the way it is.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiredness deteriorates all our activities including playing poker, everything works out better when we are at 100 of our energy. The rest times are set by the sunlight, we should follow its rhythms.
There are also other factors, such as diet, physical exercise, good thoughts and feelings.

Greetings colleagues

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes playing poker while tired is a very bad idea have fallen asleep many times deep in a decent buy in game due to exhaustion over the years though if I am honest.:eek:

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much to worry about to play in a bad state also - only play when you can bring your A game and constantly evaluate how you are doing.

You need to be able to maintain your discipline and make the right decision, but when you are tired your defenses can be lowered and bad plays can seep in before you realize it.

Good luck! :D

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is hard to play tired and some of the tourneys are way too long. But I think what is even worse than playing tired is when you play but you are busy with other things and in the back of your mind you feel you should be doing something else. I know in this case I shouldn't be playing but in the case of free rolls since it doesn't cost anything to enter so why not.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never play tired sure way to lose

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed i play way too often when i'm tired. This costs me a lot of money and chips because i just make the wrong decisions.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I use to play until I physically dropped (and mentally). Playing tired for me is not good.no more.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most often, tournaments are held when we have a deep night, and the final stage and even in the morning, so I do not remember when I would have played on the final table not tired, but despite this, the results are not so bad.:)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always before playing you must be 100% rested, I have made the mistake a few times that I start several tournaments being tired, and I get sleepy after an hour, I make decisions all in to go to sleep, so I no longer play without having adequate rest:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is not surprising !!!! If you are physically tired, it will be difficult for you to make the most correct decisions and this is obvious !!!

YEP!!!

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To sleepy

Too many times I've been too sleepy. To keep my eyes open and me awake, and have fallen asleep and let my chips just blind away. it's horrible I try not to play too late. But sometimes I do so well that staying up late just part of the program. Good luck on the table everyone and as always have fun

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Of course, you are tired of making bad decisions. It's not just in poker that way. You should not sit down and play poker tired, nervous, with a head or toothache and hungry or thirsty. I always follow these. If I were tired of sitting down again, I would rather give my chips to one of the players as a gift at the beginning of the tournament, because I know that in 1-2 hours I will have bad decisions anyway and so I will only save time if I give my chips at the beginning. if one has good tactics then one should not spoil with such a thing as to sit down tired to play.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is real fatigue does not help, you do not think the same and the body is crazy to finish the day. When you feel tired just go to rest.