Time Clock

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often do you need to use all your clock to decide what to do? Do you run your clock just to slow the game down? I myself all most always have a full-time clock left when the game is done unless I'm short-stacked and close to the money I will stall! :icon_sant

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How often do you need to use all your clock to decide what to do? Do you run your clock just to slow the game down? I myself all most always have a full-time clock left when the game is done unless I'm short-stacked and close to the money I will stall! :icon_sant

I mostly use it when close to the bubble especially if playing scholars league games on stars where every point counts and trying to outlast the field is what is most important.:icon_sant

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally don't use at all. It nice to have the time to run through the hand though.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... the truth is, I almost never need clock time ... but I will tell you that when I am close to the bubble and I have accumulated time I begin to use it to gain positions and try to always be within the awarded positions

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I very seldom have it run down because I usually already know what I am going to do when my turn comes.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
189 / 5000

Resultados de traducción

I use it being in a bubble, also when I have to equal an all-in and I don't have much information about the player I try to see previous hands and that's why I take the time or to think better of it

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time mine has been used is when ACR and my computer are disagreeing over code. I am starting to understand the psychology of it, so I may use it to put people on tilt when I am in a better place to do that. They are as much a tool of psychological warfare as anything else.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Ditto. Unless nearing the bubble seldom if ever use it.

However, across several sites I have noticed individuals who use or abuse it. Some run the clock down to the actual time bank every time they are in a hand or, even will run the clock before folding. It is irritating but does not get me on tilt though they seem to believe they can tilt others.

The one thing I do is subtle but many employ it. Take a beat or second or two to give the impression you have paused for thought implying you have a hand strong enough to think about. The other option is to trap someone let them raise then pause before calling their raise as if nervous to call. But, as noted, standard stuff we all do.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time clock

Im not against a time clock. It makes it so slow players take forever.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
Usually, I play three tables at a time, so sometimes I really need extra time to make a decision. If you notice that you have a lot of time, try to play two or three tables at a time, and you will definitely have more fun.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No never had to use it all. Know what im doing when its my turn

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they always use it when you are low on chips and the bubble gets closer in tournaments

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never use my time clock.I think it should only be 30 seconds.As slow as most of the games are, you have a good look most of the time at your cards,and should know what your going to do.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decide what I will do with the resulting card long before my turn. And very rarely I can use my time. I don’t understand why some players on all their moves waste time when there is no need for this.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the players, when we consume all the time clock at the table, is because we are in the bubble and we make time for other players to leave the tournament earlier than us and thus be able to get to ITM to collect, also personally. I sometimes use as a strategy to make my opponent believe that I am analyzing the hand and I have a good hand and I go all-in, making him believe that I want to steal the pot.

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I use only 20-50% of my time bank for 2-3 very impotent moments of tournament. For example - it can be thinking "is it opponent's bluff or not", or situation when I need to decide - can I participate with this hand for all my stack now, or I can fold and just wait for another chance.
In really rare case I will use time bank for slow-down game, but mostly I will push much early, than I will be in situation, where 1BB will seriously change my position.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don’t need to use all my clock time to play, the only situations that I use the clock are when I’m disconnected or when I’m really short stack and we are close to be itm in a tournament.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't often use my time clock but if I have a short stack and in the bubble, I will use it. At that time, the opponents with deep stacks will attack us a lot and we can't do many things with a short stack because of ICM pressure so using time bank reasonably is a good thing.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to make quick decisions and I don't need extra time. I think those people who spend time intentionally, just to bring a negative mood on others, do not have the pride of a poker player!

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time i use it for timeplay when you are close to itm.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I never use the clock to slow the game down. Just using when I have a good cards and somebody goes all in on you previous raise. I needed time to think and figure out what my opponent has. It happens but not so often.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the number of tables. If I play more than two tables, then I need time to think and I think there is nothing wrong with that.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alot of players use this to fool with you