Tiffany Michelle in the WSOP

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone else think Tiffany Michelle really came off bad at the wsop. Maybe it's just the clips that ESPN showed but I thought she seemed arrogant, cocky and rude.
And when she called the clock on a hand she wasnt even in was awful. The pot was over 11 million and both of these guys tournaments were on the line.
In times of endorsements and pulic image. I cant understand why anyone would be on national tv at an event like this and portray yourself as in such a negative way.

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that calling the clock on that guy was uncalled for. But, maybe portraying yourself as and ass doesn't hurt your endorsement prospects. There are many examples of players that act ignorant and still get plenty of sponsors. I.E the Mouth and Helmuth... Wasn't Khane jumping around like a monkey last year?

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, although within her rights, kind of a respect thing with that large of a pot and ~27 players left.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it's just the hands they chose to show, but she did come off looking veeeeeery douchey.

It wasn't just calling the clock in that hand either - the one where someone asks how much she has and she just waves a finger in the direction of her stack... douchey. OK, you don't have to answer, you can get the dealer to count it for you. But don't make them do that and be an ass at the same time.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, she doesn't seem stupid and it's entirely possible that was an image she was creating deliberately to try and put people off their game. She definitely looked like a douche though.

As for putting her in the same category as Matusow, Kahn and Hellmuth, I dunno. No matter how big an ass Hellmuth makes of himself, he's always got the fact that he owns 11 bracelets to fall back on. That's not something Tiffany Michelle has.

And no matter how obnoxious Matusow or Kahn have been, they've had
some likeable qualities to offset them. Matusow blows up and calls people donkeys, but at the same time you can tell he's got a serious love for the game and he really, seriously wants to win and play his best. Hevad Kahn was much the same, I think - what he was doing seemed to be a lot of hyperacitve yet geniune enthusiasm for the game. Tiffany Michelle didn't really show that.

itlegacy

itlegacy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the heat of competition, an acceptable performance and demeanor. My only objection was that crazy hat [smile]. BUT, it is the others mentioned herein and the like and a VERY DRUNK Scottie I object to.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suspect that as soon as she busted out of the WSOP Tiffany went right back to turning tricks. She sure looked and acted the part perfectly.

Plus what kind of total idiot eats with hands that have touched those cards and chips?

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah she did not come off as a nice person, she came off very arrogant and her comments at the table basically left her with a big fat ZERO in the charisma department.

And is it me or are her looks vastly overrated? I was stunned when they said she was 24 years old, i thought she was 30 to 31.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was stunned when they said she was 24 years old

Wow, I missed this in the episode...I would have also guessed your range of age. And it's not just you. Her looks are very overrated...I think people bump her up a few notches because she's a female poker player..

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
up until this episode, i hadnt really noticed much bad behavior out of her. she has been pretty chatty the whole way, but tuesday she was just rude. calling the clock on the guy was her right, but not it wasnt like he had taken that long, and it was a big decision especially at that point in the tourney. also she seemed overly agitated by the young man who was taking his time to make every decision, berating him for thinking through his decisions. im hoping it was just the pressure bringing it out in her,becuase like i said up till tuesday's show, she seemed fine.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but here goes anyway...

She did come off looking like a complete douche. I was rolling my eyes and eagerly awaiting her bust out the whole time she was playing. She was overly confident and rude to the other players.

Having said that though, let me say I think female poker players are judged more harshly then male poker players when it comes to stuff like that. A lot of unkowns who got camera time were assholes, but none of them are having their behavior picked apart the same way Michelle's is. And I certainly don't see any one talking about how old these players looked or how they'll have to go back to turning tricks.

But, as a woman who's been around poker so long and knows how rare it is for a woman to get that deep, knowing the cameras were going to be on her, knowing women are judged differently than men - well, I think she should have made a better effort to behave herself and act with grace and dignity.

M

MrHoros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the previous episode she really seemed concerned with eing the last woman standing. I don't know why, to me she's just saying that women are not as good.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

She did come off looking like a complete douche. I was rolling my eyes and eagerly awaiting her bust out the whole time she was playing. She was overly confident and rude to the other players.

Having said that though, let me say I think female poker players are judged more harshly then male poker players when it comes to stuff like that. A lot of unkowns who got camera time were assholes, but none of them are having their behavior picked apart the same way Michelle's is. And I certainly don't see any one talking about how old these players looked or how they'll have to go back to turning tricks.

But, as a woman who's been around poker so long and knows how rare it is for a woman to get that deep, knowing the cameras were going to be on her, knowing women are judged differently than men - well, I think she should have made a better effort to behave herself and act with grace and dignity.
i really didnt notice her acting this way till this past week. i dont know if it was the heat of battle or what, but she went from being friendly and chattin it up yet still being a tough player. i dont think she is a jerk for life because of how she acted here, i just hope it was the heat of the moment.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that calling the clock on that guy was uncalled for. But, maybe portraying yourself as and ass doesn't hurt your endorsement prospects. There are many examples of players that act ignorant and still get plenty of sponsors. I.E the Mouth and Helmuth... Wasn't Khane jumping around like a monkey last year?

Kahn being funny >>>>>>> tiffany m. being a grade A Bitch

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I

Having said that though, let me say I think female poker players are judged more harshly then male poker players when it comes to stuff like that. A lot of unkowns who got camera time were assholes, but none of them are having their behavior picked apart the same way Michelle's is..

Flip side of that though is the fact that she has got her fame and her exposure solely because she is a woman. The unknowns are unknown because they are men.

B

Brann6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What got me about her was she just flat out isn't that good. She tried to call what other players had ("nice set") and laid it down, played weak-tight and when she had a big pocketpair acted like she was good when all that happened was she got lucky. She called off a pretty large part of her stack vs a pre-flop allin with A4s, I think, and rivered a flush. She never could lay down top pair. In my book she's a lumbering elephant/calling station. I'd love to play against her.

For the record, I think Kahn last year was an ass and Hellmuth is always a jerk, so it's not just her being a female. Devilfish is another jerk.

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She was a beeeeyutch! Members of the Final 9 have confirmed this on other outlets so it wasn't just the espn coverage that made her look bad. She is what she acted like on tv. I look forward to giving her crap on UB someday.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Maybe some others were jerks occasionally but she was the worst, all the time. Unless ESPN picked out those certain hands to show *shrug*

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

She also apparently went around and started cheering when the other women busted, wanting to be the last female in. She also refers to herself as "cute" and plays the gender card to her advantage a lot. Therefore I don't think when you draw attention to yourself because of your gender that you can then claim that it's other peoples' faults for picking on the girl.

Also, any of you catch this?

The Integrity of Poker

SystEmsuX

SystEmsuX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She endorses Ultimate Bet, if I'm not mistaken? That cheating site, along with another poor-behaving pro, Phil just shut the Hellupmuth. Her rudeness detracts from her hotness, unfortunately. (Yes, she is plenty good-looking enough for me. Lower your standards, you elitists, haha.)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She endorses Ultimate Bet, if I'm not mistaken? That cheating site, along with another poor-behaving pro, Phil just shut the Hellupmuth. Her rudeness detracts from her hotness, unfortunately. (Yes, she is plenty good-looking enough for me. Lower your standards, you elitists, haha.)

Yep, read my link, she basically backed out of a contract with Pokernews (apparently she got out through a loophole but they didn't take the time to make sure it was all sealed and stuff because they thought they had a good relationship with her. Legal charges still being filed I believe) to take less money with UB.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds to me like UB just racked up another great personality. That link you posted, Zach, "The Integrity of Poker, made her look pathetic. If all of that is true, and I'm sure it is, then UB just marked up another bad mark on their name also.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was completely appalled with Michelle's attitude. For me it started when she was rooting for the last few women to bust out. When I saw her leave her table to go watch one of the few remaining women involved in a big hand, I thought she was going to cheer her on. I realized she wanted to be the last woman standing, but I thought there would be some type of camaraderie.

I was equally disgusted with her actions throughout the tournament, as everyone has mentioned here.

As for Hellmuth/Matusow I'm not a big fan, but I am willing to put up with their actions because they are ESTABLISHED, SKILLED players. Michelle acted like she was a world class player, who had the right to act like a complete douche.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Classless, high maintenance, average poker player.

B

BC7Falcons7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tiffany michelle

I also watched Tiffany Michelle in the WSOP and I didnt like how she acted either. I wish another female would have knocked her out litterely and in the tourney before she cashed

WSOP