Thoughts on Joe Ingram

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was a time when I watched his videos on YT but was never too enthusiastic about them. Even now I don't really like watching him.

Only videos of his I do watch, are podcasts with people/players that I find to be good, have something to say etc.

Also, I remember his "stunt" with the PSPC ticket he received from pokerstars (not deserved if you ask me), where he wouldn't accept it, unless PS gives another free 30,000$ worth a package to a player only known to him, which I didn't like.

What are your thoughts on him, his videos etc..

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have time to watch his podcasts but would if I could.

I LOVED what he did with the PSPC ticket - that was one of the greatest stories in poker last year.

He did not know the player at all - nobody knew him until his wife tweeted the amazing video of him receiving his xmas gift from her to go to the wsop for the first time ever.

I think what he did to enable them to experience the PSPC was awesome.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have time to watch his podcasts but would if I could.

I LOVED what he did with the PSPC ticket - that was one of the greatest stories in poker last year.

He did not know the player at all - nobody knew him until his wife tweeted the amazing video of him receiving his xmas gift from her to go to the WSOP for the first time ever.

I think what he did to enable them to experience the PSPC was awesome.

I completely understand your point of view. Do not get me wrong, I was thinking the same, and I am happy about people who realistically can not afford to play such an event, getting the chance to do so!

BUT at the same time, there has to be, who knows how many people that deserve the exact same treatment even more so. I know several people who tried a lot of these satellites on PS, they have put money, time and effort into it, but didn't get there. And here is Joe Ingram, who got the ticket cause of his Youtube channel, and decides not to take the ticket unless his terms were met.

If he really was so honest and compassionate, why didn't he gave them his ticket?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He didn't actually have a ticket - he was being offered one from PS because they specifically wanted him to be there. It was not something he had that he could give away.

There are definitely loads of deserving players - but this was a specific opportunity that presented itself in a unique way. It was not as if PS told him he could choose anyone else to go - if you did not experience this incident with everyone at xmas then it is hard to explain how it all came together.

The recipient was as deserving as anyone else in my opinion.

It was never an option to offer the deal to every deserving person.

I have rescued 4 dogs from shelters. I wanted to take every dog I saw - but each time I could only take 1 of them - even though they all deserved to be rescued. :)

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no doubt in my mind whether the man deserved a gift, after such an emotional reaction to his WSOP xmas gift.

That isn't what I am trying to say. It is the way the entire thing developed. Joe Ingram (former ranter against PS, more rake the better etc.) is now stating:

"I will not take the PSPC unless pokerstars gives another ticket to Jeremy"

From my point of view, this sounds as if he is ordering, has some upper hand, as if he is no.1 player or celebrity that needs to be there, and is now setting terms by which he will accept a gift and participate in the event.

For me, it would be acceptable that some huge names in Poker did this (PH, DN, maybe players like Bonomo, Holz etc.)
At the same time, I would have no problem if Joe stated something like:
"Hey TY for this huge gift, much appreciation. I want to point out to this emotional video, was really a heart-warming thing to see. Shout-out to good people at Pokerstars to gift this family a PSPC package, and make their xmas unforgetable!"

This tweet would just be more respectful and caring, not something I would ever be able to dislike!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He did have an upper hand and his is basically a poker celebrity. PS really wanted him to attend - and he did not want to go on their behalf because he is not happy with them.

He then saw an opportunity to get them to do something really cool for someone - and it meant him sacrificing his hard line against them. I still think it was an amazing thing for him to do.

I don't know if I am a fan of his or not - because as I said I have not had time to listen to him that much. I suspect I would fall in the middle somewhere and agree with him on some things and disagree on others. Or I could become a fan girl - who knows. I think based on the little I do know that is not likely I would dislike him completely.

But regardless of that - I love what he did here. :)

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joey Ingram is a medium that can bring in new players into the game. He has been on alot of podcasts and radio shows. He has always pushed PLO. Poker needs new faces ! And alot of people like him, look at the views he can garnish. How is Joe bad for the game ? From what I can see he has taken steps away from poker . How is that in anyway good for poker ?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does good podcasts. Enjoyed the Limon one and Bill Perkins. Even did StickyRice1 as well I think back when Twitch hype started.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like his Podcast interviews when he brought on Ben Sulsky and other super skilled top players for an interview. I think he took his criticism of the most competitive Poker Room U.S players have ,ACR, too far when he said there was "super user(s)"....there are no super users folks. I know ACR works tirelessly to be responsive and compete. Good that Joe put "tha pressure" on them for bots.
Joe is good for poker.