Thoughts on ESPN's new WSOP broadcast

trolly67

trolly67

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't really check to see if this has been discussed but I'm curious to hear how everyone has liked the new format on ESPN's wsop broadcast.

I think the live feel is pretty cool even though there is a ton of lull's and I'm torn about the "break analysis". Also, super happy they dumped the November Nine thing. That was a mistake from the jump.

Thoughts?

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I subscribed to PokerGo - Between that and ESPN there is a ton of coverage this year, been great!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been able to see it on Twitch and YouTube.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked the 30 minute delay feed and I'm glad they continued instead of taking a hiatus until November.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched through youtube.
don't like no live stream....fairly bad this year.

R

ragemine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
glad to see november nine format done
unglad to not see live on tv (or delay or whatever)

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely watch these events throw off me please link to where you can view and I will Express my thoughts on this issue

U

usarock77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I preferred the new style because it was dumb for the final table to wait a couple of months before playing it out. I'm just wondering if they are going to re-air some episodes with the best hands in November like they usually do, or if the live format is the only one that we are getting.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked both the ESPN and PokerGo coverage (for the most part). The lulls and issues with the shown cards keeping up with the play were a little offputting at first, but after a while I stopped noticing. It seemed a little more laid back in the new format as well which was mostly good I thought, occasionally the commentator's conversations wandered in to areas that probably weren't worthy of discussion to a wide audience, but with so much time watching people play its bound to happen.

denisloko

denisloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the broadcast, like everything that is live. Thanks ESPN

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I think such a long break is not good for game play. I understand it's a big tournament but it should be scheduled like 99% of the other tournaments they are used to playing and not have a HUGE break between play.

WSOP