Are there regular players in Badugi and Stud?

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my question is why I hardly see players talking about this kind of game

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play Stud when I have a chance. Stud H/L is my favorite game. But I guess NLH is what most people like, so that is what you find the most of on the poker sites. Badugi just doesn't seem to be very popular.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
my question is why I hardly see players talking about this kind of game

The main reason is that they are not that popular. Texas Hold’em is the game that most people play, so it is discussed the most. Which is a pity, because I like Stud Hi/Lo and Razz, as well as all the Omaha variants more than Hold’em.

However, you (and I) are most welcome to post any questions, advice etc., re Badugi and Stud here on Cardschat.

Also worth mentioning, is Cardschat sometimes have Badugi and Stud games. They are run from the Home Games section on PokerStars using play money. This allows members from the USA and other countries, who are not able to play real money games on PokerStars, to play. Prize money is paid by Cardschat.

You will find these games here on Cardschat https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-special-events-buy-ins-39/

Good luck at the tables.​

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Badugi and Stud is not my favorite game. I not like it!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Years ago I used to play Stud Hi Lo but just in freerolls at pokerstars.Well, answering your question ,there are not many Badugi and Stud players.Most people play Texas Hold´em and then Omaha..

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
More Mixed Games to the people!

Holdem is so over-analyzed and gets boring after you had played it as the main game for over a decade.

I also think it is easier to keep the bots (and AI) away if you rotate the games often. Not to mention the "chart"-players that knows every all-in situation in NLH-tournaments.

I hope CardsChat take this into consideration. Even if it maybe takes a little more work to set-up different formats.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really addicted to stud or razz Prefer Omaha to hold em. I played badugi for the first time few days ago and it’s interesting. For draw games I like 2-7TD Don’t like 5card draw poker.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Years ago I used to play Stud Hi Lo but just in freerolls at PokerStars.Well, answering your question ,there are not many Badugi and Stud players.Most people play Texas Hold´em and then Omaha..

The good old days.

I remember those games, in the Astronomer Freerolls. That's where I learnt to play Stud Hi Lo, Razz, Omaha, etc. The top 64 to 108 (depending on game type), got a ticket to a $2,000 weekend Hold'em Freeroll. I never got to use many of those tickets, because the money games started at some ungodly hour of the morning (here in new zealand).

They are still listed in my Tournament Tickets on PokerStars, but are worthless now. It's a wonder they don't delete them.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play razz a decent amount when I do play poker.

Badugi is a fun game as well but sadly there not popular games.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I do not think there are many players although it is a good way to train the mind and improve the game for now I am learning these poker modalities

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good old days.

I remember those games, in the Astronomer Freerolls. That's where I learnt to play Stud Hi Lo, Razz, Omaha, etc. The top 64 to 108 (depending on game type), got a ticket to a $2,000 weekend Hold'em Freeroll. I never got to use many of those tickets, because the money games started at some ungodly hour of the morning (here in New Zealand).

They are still listed in my Tournament Tickets on PokerStars, but are worthless now. It's a wonder they don't delete them.

Lol i also had outdated Tickets in my Account from like 9 Years ago before they got deleted at the Beginning of 2019. For a different Tournament though, something from Pokerschool.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like playing Badugi but unfortunately the prizes are not good enough in tournaments and that is simple most of the players have a preference for Texas Holde'm so the big tournaments with great prizes are in Holdem, this leads to The rest of the game types, perhaps with the exception of Omaha, do not have so many players, everyone in online poker concentrates on playing Holdem because that is where the good prizes are

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t get as mad in stud/draw poker as we all have our cards to play. In Omaha and HE we have to share community card to make our hands and it’s easy to see how awful other player makes a bad play but gets lucked out.