Tell me it's always this easy!!

P

posiview

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker since August last year and started with ring games; then after a few weeks went to sit and gos.

Overall, I'm down about 100$ after around 25K games.

Finished a sit and go and decided to have a go at a ring game.

FT $0.02/$0.04 games.

After 20 minutes I was up $24. Frikin amazing.

There were some right maniacs - all ins with 35o!

Anyway, I'll try again tommorrow to see if it was good luck or good play!!

Cheers...

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.02/$0.04 games and you're up $24 in 20 minutes!?

If it's limit then I'd say that's impossible.

If it's no limit then I'd say that's virtually impossible unless you were doubling/tripling/quadrupling at a stratospheric rate.

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the players at those size of blinds are very bad players, and will play virtually any two cards, so it's possible to make money fast when things go your way. still hard to believe how u made as much as u did at those blinds, unless u were playing more than one table, in which case it would be quite possible.

in terms of ring games, i find them much more profitable than sng's. i made my first 500 playing sng's over a 4 month period. in the following 2 months, switching to ring games, i made over 1000.00. so in my personal experience i find ring games more profitable than sng's, but that's just me and im sure many would argue agaisnt me. although i think most people find ring games is the best way to make, as close as it come, to consistent money

CrackaNACtion

CrackaNACtion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker since August last year and started with ring games; then after a few weeks went to sit and gos.

Overall, I'm down about 100$ after around 25K games.

Finished a sit and go and decided to have a go at a ring game.

FT $0.02/$0.04 games.

After 20 minutes I was up $24. Frikin amazing.

There were some right maniacs - all ins with 35o!

Anyway, I'll try again tommorrow to see if it was good luck or good play!!

Cheers...

hrmmm bro im sorry but its really hard to believe ur up that much at 0.2/0.4 table its just impossible.

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well summ ppl are good juss playing in sit and gos like I am and sum are juss playing ring games , it juss depends on the style of play u do at the tables they that give u the edge mostly .

C

Calissa007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker since August last year and started with ring games; then after a few weeks went to sit and gos.​

Overall, I'm down about 100$ after around 25K games.​

Finished a sit and go and decided to have a go at a ring game.​

FT $0.02/$0.04 games.​

After 20 minutes I was up $24. Frikin amazing.​

There were some right maniacs - all ins with 35o!​

Anyway, I'll try again tommorrow to see if it was good luck or good play!!​

Cheers...​

I hope you mean 25k hands

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is looking very much like another, "look how good i am" thread from a newbie who thinks it's going to impress someone here. The only .02/.04 tables i am aware of are all fixed limit and while it is true the players at these levels are not very good they are most certainly not idiots who are just throwing money away.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhh why is it hard? I made $25 at .01/.02 before.....02/04 is $10 buy-in I am pretty sure....that's 2.5x the max buy-in, ya in 24 minutes that takes some good hands to do it and a few really good pots but it is not any where near impossible.

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that very hard to belive. You would've had to double up like 50 times at those blinds to get up 24 from being down 100...but congrats if that's true.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that very hard to belive. You would've had to double up like 50 times at those blinds to get up 24 from being down 100...but congrats if that's true.

I think he is saying he was up $24 that session, not from down $100 to up $24 in total.....

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. That's easily possible, run into the right donks and stack them
2. That's NOT sustainable. I don't care how bad the pay is. The bad players will suck out sometimes (you got lucky to not get sucked out on at least once) and you won't always be able to double up like today
3. It is possible to build a BR there, and I think you'd have to actively try to lose money at those limits.

So while it's not always that easy, it is possible to make some money playing micro limits, but look for profits of a couple bucks an hour at the highest in the long run. Still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhh why is it hard? I made $25 at .01/.02 before.....02/04 is $10 buy-in I am pretty sure....that's 2.5x the max buy-in, ya in 24 minutes that takes some good hands to do it and a few really good pots but it is not any where near impossible.

^^^ This, it seems possible, i dont understand why other people are saying your making it up.

Well if your down money after playing 25k games, i suggest you stop with sitngos and concentrate on ring

P

posiview

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it' the morning after and I've reviewed my stats for last night; couple of errors...it was $.0.05 and $0.10 games. I also won 'just' $16.95 .

Started:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5373201677: Table Stocker (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:25:03 ET - 2008/02/23

Finished:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5373421506: Table Stocker (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:43:44 ET - 2008/02/23

Interesting responses here!

Why the hell would I try and make this up!

MrMuckets stated "This is looking very much like another, "look how good i am" thread from a newbie who thinks it's going to impress someone here"

I don't know you guys and it's very unlikely that I'll every meet you.

My wins were impressive, fact, but I was not trying to impress anyone. I was very pleased with how I'd played and wanted to share my good news story.

BTW just won $5.60, same game over 44 minutes. Again, I'm very happy with that. Trying to impress you....I don't think so...

I was trying to ascertain if what I achieved was normal or a statistical anomaly....

Thanks...

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont worry posiview, not everyone thinks your making it up, i congratulate you on your achievements, i imagine your just on a heater though

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing poker since August last year and started with ring games; then after a few weeks went to sit and gos.​

Overall, I'm down about 100$ after around 25K games.​

Finished a sit and go and decided to have a go at a ring game.​

FT $0.02/$0.04 games.​

After 20 minutes I was up $24. Frikin amazing.​

There were some right maniacs - all ins with 35o!​

Anyway, I'll try again tommorrow to see if it was good luck or good play!!​

Cheers...​
Yes, it is ALWAYS that easy.:rolleyes:

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ring

I agree its possible,on a very lucky run,but its not sustainable like another guy said!.IF you call them allins,everytime,your going to be down again.Ya might wanna consider tightening up,now that you are ahead some

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it' the morning after and I've reviewed my stats for last night; couple of errors...it was $.0.05 and $0.10 games.

OK, so now I believe you. On $0.05/$0.10 tables with a max buy-in of $10 then it certainly is possible to hit a profit of $24 in 20mins.

$0.02/$0.04 tables (with presumably a $4 max buy-in) still very unlikely unless maniac is going all in with nowt every hand and you are cleaning up.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, so now I believe you. On $0.05/$0.10 tables with a max buy-in of $10 then it certainly is possible to hit a profit of $24 in 20mins.

$0.02/$0.04 tables (with presumably a $4 max buy-in) still very unlikely unless maniac is going all in with nowt every hand and you are cleaning up.

Uhh it's a min buy in of $2 and a max of $10 at the lower limits.

Even .01/.02 is max $5

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it' the morning after and I've reviewed my stats for last night; couple of errors...it was $.0.05 and $0.10 games. I also won 'just' $16.95 .

Started:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5373201677: Table Stocker (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:25:03 ET - 2008/02/23

Finished:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5373421506: Table Stocker (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:43:44 ET - 2008/02/23

Interesting responses here!

Why the hell would I try and make this up!

MrMuckets stated "This is looking very much like another, "look how good i am" thread from a newbie who thinks it's going to impress someone here"

I don't know you guys and it's very unlikely that I'll every meet you.

My wins were impressive, fact, but I was not trying to impress anyone. I was very pleased with how I'd played and wanted to share my good news story.

BTW just won $5.60, same game over 44 minutes. Again, I'm very happy with that. Trying to impress you....I don't think so...

I was trying to ascertain if what I achieved was normal or a statistical anomaly....

Thanks...

Congrats, with the changes it is much more believeable, and if you have been playing online for awhile you know the answer to your question already. Good luck to you.:):)

Poker Tells