Teasing on the tables

N

Nane Santos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. How do you deal with that opponent who wants to play with you all the time? I often do not answer and leave the person talking to myself ... but I confess that there are times when I get angry. Hugs

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's better to stay calm in such situations, because I noticed that when the enemy teases like this, he gets good cards. If you enter into a skirmish with him, it often ends badly.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys. How do you deal with that opponent who wants to play with you all the time? I often do not answer and leave the person talking to myself ... but I confess that there are times when I get angry. Hugs

I always have the chat turned off. I didn't come to talk, I came to play. Communication makes it difficult to concentrate on the game.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have the chat turned off. I didn't come to talk, I came to play. Communication makes it difficult to concentrate on the game.

This! Definitely turn off chat if you're finding it all tilting. Let your opponent type into a void with nobody listening :)

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore and try to focus only on my game, sometimes I can take advantage of some opponent's cue to read or try to plot a strategy, which most disturbs my reasoning during a game are when I face a manic opponent, or who makes strange plays.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just do not pay attention to the comments of my opponents. For me, these conversations do not matter. I think it is spam.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you say he wants to play with you all the time it sounds like you maybe put a bad beat on him and he is tilted by you. Use this to your advantage and encourage it, he will make a mistake and give you all his chips :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that in most cases such conversations are essentially a provocation of opponents and very often such a provocation leads to wrong decisions. That is why I ignore conversations during the game.

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always stay calm, let him study haha

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ignore them and remember people will sometimes try to throw you off your game any way possible. or they don't like the way you are playing because you wont let them play a certain way, so ill turn the tables around and bug them with my plays. Then after I take their chips I tell them to rebuy and that gets them mad. Eventually they will leave the table.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won’t let you tip me out of my game.
And if I have a good card I hope it pays off. :D

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off CHAT and turn "what your RANK is" in the game...

Turn off all chat.

Turn on all ranking so you can "monitor" where you stand. Works Great!!! :p

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don' t care what the others are doing or saying. I focus to my game and I try not to be affected from other player 's behavior.:bike:

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to keep the chat closed to stay focused on the game. There are many who seek to destabilize by insulting or criticizing everything you do. But if you don't get into his dance, usually he's the one who ends up being pissed off.
Good luck.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just keep a level head and don't let it bother me. I keep the chat on because they are giving clues to their emotional state. But mostly I just watch their game and look for their mistakes like I would if they weren't commenting at all. If you're resorting to teasing to try to beat me that's your weakness.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just ignore it, play my game and watch!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Disable player chat and image (if online).

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that it is good to joke that it is not always possible, it works for me to relax the nerves of each hand but even so we continue with the courage to continue

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just say no and that's it, it's just communication

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is definitely a tactic to designed to throw you off your game. Some people will become so worried about being mocked if they lose a hand that they will start folding hands that they would normally play. Others get so irritated that they become preoccupied with shutting the loudmouth up that they start try to force the game and end up rewarding him. The key is to ignore him and continue to play your game. Shut off chat or block him if you have to. But if you can continue to play your game then his chat won't matter, only his play.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise leaving them too it

They are trying to put you off your game but in constantly sending messages and typing in the chat box are they fully concentrating on their game?

Ignore them let them distract themselves and keep playing your own game

Good luck out there

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not pay attention. And just play.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online you can just turn off chat or block him/her. Live just don't answer if you don't want to and if he is too abusive you can always ask manager to act.