Team Poker

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now i have read somewhere that people enter tournaments with friends and play as a tream to give them more chance of winning. Is this real and if it is does it happen a lot.

if it happens a lot who wants to join my team.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now i have read somewhere that people enter tournaments with friends and play as a tream to give them more chance of winning. Is this real and if it is does it happen a lot.

if it happens a lot who wants to join my team.
how will it look like?

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i actually started a forum (not active in it though due to time) where i wanted to start a poker league in the team format. for those familiar from several years ago, there used to be a site that did really well with the poker team league format.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I mean is there's teams entering tourneys like the $2.50 180 player sngs on poker stars the reason being they are 4 times more likely to finish in the money. When they all finish the tournament they split the winnings and go onto the next tourney

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be putting my name down for next seasons CC poker league looks like a lot of fun.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw that in room 888 they create a team and play in a team tournament under any flag of any country.
I participated in such a game where the team.
I haven’t encountered this in poker stars.
Do I understand you now, friend
although it’s enough that I play in the CC club and here I feel good and comfort

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I mean is there's teams entering tourneys like the $2.50 180 player sngs on poker stars the reason being they are 4 times more likely to finish in the money. When they all finish the tournament they split the winnings and go onto the next tourney

The teams only as good as the members roi and the best member of the team is paying out of their roi for the lesser players. Im not sure it sounds that great to me but i dont play those formats perhaps it's profitable. It just seems to me a good winning player could have a better roi on their own without weaker players in a team. A lot of players sell a pecentage of their action to help with buy ins but they aren't relying on anyone else to play the poker. You would need to be careful entering the same tournaments,sng's or turbos whatever your playing as well. Because that would soon get flagged up as collusion and your funds could be withheld and poker accounts closed.

Last edited:
M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It could be classed as collusion but you have players moving funds to each other all over pokerstars. The playing has a team part is to limit the variance that's the only reason I can see them doing it but if it's going to cause trouble with their accounts then it's better off not doing it.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw that in room 888 they create a team and play in a team tournament under any flag of any country.
I participated in such a game where the team.
I haven’t encountered this in poker stars.
Do I understand you now, friend
although it’s enough that I play in the CC club and here I feel good and comfort

I get what you mean now. No I just mean you enter a tournament together and share the winnings between your friends

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get what you mean now. No I just mean you enter a tournament together and share the winnings between your friends
Then you need to make good money by playing so that later you give part to friends, and here you need honesty, decency and lack of deception
it is desirable that these were long-time close friends
am I wrong? [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i get what you mean now. what i was talking about is a league format where an mtt is set up and let's say there are 5 teams of 3 members for each team. depending on each member's finish in the mtt, they'll receive points. the points are totaled for each team and divided by the # of players to come up with a team point total.

what you're talking about is a bit different because you're hoping that the best player continues to play well to make up for the lesser roi players and the money is then divided equally. not sure i'd ever want to participate in this type of format. that said i wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot under the table.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The teams only as good as the members roi and the best member of the team is paying out of their roi for the lesser players. Im not sure it sounds that great to me but i dont play those formats perhaps it's profitable. It just seems to me a good winning player could have a better roi on their own without weaker players in a team. A lot of players sell a pecentage of their action to help with buy ins but they aren't relying on anyone else to play the poker. You would need to be careful entering the same tournaments,sng's or turbos whatever your playing as well. Because that would soon get flagged up as collusion and your funds could be withheld and poker accounts closed.

You did not understand the essence of the proposal. They did not mean the transfer of chips at the table. All team members play as separate players, but after the game they share the money earned by the team between the team players.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did not understand the essence of the proposal. They did not mean the transfer of chips at the table. All team members play as separate players, but after the game they share the money earned by the team between the team players.

Yep that's how i understood it.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 4 people play for themselves in a single tournament without sharing any information and at the final they split their winnings this is perfectly ok and i see nothing wrong in that. If they cooperate by sharing information with each other during the tournament this is cheating and is illegal.