Team CardsChat Little One For One Drop Rail Thread WSOP 2014

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A message for Team CardsChat

So...from the wsop site updates, this looks like it's all but over with the only remaining rep at...1.2 BB. Congratulations to her on cashing, but I have a question for the members of Team CardsChat. Each individual one, in fact--what was your attitude going into this? In particular, did anyone harbor hopes of a really deep run and did you play to go deep, survive, or something I'm not thinking of?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of the team has busted - Chris lasted the longest.

JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My attitude was to have fun and think positive and try my best to go deep. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything going getting rivered twice. Final hand I 3bet shove about 20BB QQ get called by JJ and lose to a set. Ironically it was to a guy from my hometown, but he ended up not cashing.

It was fun meeting the cardschat team and I look forward to doing it again next year for the monster stack invasion.

I still hope to satellite into the main event. I'm not doing the 2k right now because I finally found a lucky seat at poker lol winning about 800.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So...from the WSOP site updates, this looks like it's all but over with the only remaining rep at...1.2 BB. Congratulations to her on cashing, but I have a question for the members of Team CardsChat. Each individual one, in fact--what was your attitude going into this? In particular, did anyone harbor hopes of a really deep run and did you play to go deep, survive, or something I'm not thinking of?

I thought I could go deep but couldn't get anything going. Lost all flips and was card dead throughout.

With 4k chips it doesn't leave you with much wiggle room and if you go card dead its pretty much game over.

I am pumped for the main Monday and hope I get a good table draw!
Excited for a deep stack tourney :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just wanted to tell you all I had a blast following along on twitter and updating as best I could. I am really really really going to try hard to get my fanny to Vegas next year and join you!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was loads of fun and I will definitely see if we can do it next year for a Monster Stack.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My thoughts going in were conflicted, because while I understand the massive variance in poker - particularly MTT's - I was hopeful for a deep run. As it was, I ended up playing pretty great on reasonably soft tables, but went card dead for the latter half of my run (I played 2 hands in my last 3.5 hours or so, a 3b/fold after folding 3 orbits straight at a new table, and a 3b jam that I lost).

I was only at risk once in the tournament, and had about 28% equity, so I can't be too upset. Again, happy with my play, happy with my experience, and for the most part I'm pleased with how deep I ran. While only making it to level 7 might not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, it still means I outlasted a ton of the field, especially given there were rebuys (and I was only ever going to fire one bullet). It was also my first series event, and nerves didn't affect me.

Overall an awesome experience, and I can't wait for next year!!

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how was the team determined? just from a quick glance, seems like those selected have a solid history of live mtt cashes.

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations everyone on a very fine effort. It was nice watching the comments and pictures, not to mention the camaraderie of meeting in the desert for some hold-em.

Hint Hint --- maybe a WSOP_C get together in Cherokee ... December? :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations everyone on a very fine effort. It was nice watching the comments and pictures, not to mention the camaraderie of meeting in the desert for some hold-em.

Hint Hint --- maybe a WSOP_C get together in Cherokee ... December? :)

I might go up for the Ladies event but will have to skip the series because I will be in Vegas right before that,

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did the group photo ever happen? It would be pretty cool to see a picture of all you guys together

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but it is on my iphone and pics never post to the forum from my phone so have wait til I can put them on my laptop.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AWESOME THREAD so proud of all of you:D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to all of our virtual raiders for making this so much fun!

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but it is on my iPhone and pics never post to the forum from my phone so have wait til I can put them on my laptop.

If you can send it in a text you can text it to me and I can post it.

Also wanted to thank CC for doing this it was a lot of fun even though we didn't get a chance to rail someone deep in it. Hopefully next year we can have someone final table.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great to have railed and followed you guys. It is the closest I have been to some great players and a great event.

Most fun without spending a penny.. How +EV is that.. If only we can convert that to an actual game :D

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was loads of fun and I will definitely see if we can do it next year for a Monster Stack.

Yes!! I'm in for the monster stack. That was such a great structure! It is also easier to keep track of a "team" when there are no re-entries.

I'm sure next year they'll do 2 starting days/flights for monster stack which should cut down on the cluster-fluck situation.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes!! I'm in for the monster stack. That was such a great structure! It is also easier to keep track of a "team" when there are no re-entries.

I'm sure next year they'll do 2 starting days/flights for monster stack which should cut down on the cluster-fluck situation.

PokerNews guys had a great idea - call it the "Monster Million"...

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to all of our virtual raiders for making this so much fun!

I meant railers lol.

If you can send it in a text you can text it to me and I can post it.

Also wanted to thank CC for doing this it was a lot of fun even though we didn't get a chance to rail someone deep in it. Hopefully next year we can have someone final table.

Thanks - I am home now so will get them posted soon.

Yes - the 2 different starting days definitely complicated it a little this year - but I suspect the monster stack will have multiple start dates next year so we will have to work around that.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question for the members of Team CardsChat. Each individual one, in fact--what was your attitude going into this? In particular, did anyone harbor hopes of a really deep run and did you play to go deep, survive, or something I'm not thinking of?

I read some WSOP n00b advice articles beforehand and came in with realistic expectations...especially after AJ Shulman sat down across the table from me wearing a shiny WSOP bracelet. I was very impressed with her play, and she was running the table for a long while.

My hope was to bag for day 2, get into the money, and everything else would have been icing as a first WSOP in Vegas. Although it didn't happen for me individually, the overall experience of LOFO and being part of the great team Debi put together was priceless, and I hope more CC members can meet up in Vegas next year. It was an awesome time, and I wish I could have stayed another week to rail Carl, Zach, and Kirk in the Main.

While I was waiting for my plane to arrive this morning, a Spirit Airlines rep announced that our flight was oversold, and offered free round-trip airfare anywhere they fly if 5 of us would take another flight 8 hours later. I seriously considered volunteering as tribute lol, just so I could bag a free plane ticket and go back to the Rio. Watching some of the big names do their thing in the Amazon Room tends to light a fire. I will put a video together so you can see it home video style.

Thanks for all of the support, everyone. I didn't post much here during the tourney because I found it difficult and distracting to do on my iPhone, but reading through the entire rail thread tonight really brought back a lot of excitement from the day.

I want to say a special thanks to BearPlay. Like several players on the team, I was wondering if I would ever get a playable hand or situation and was getting a bit tilted. I looked down at Twitter and Bear sent me a "Paws Up", which kind of snapped me out of tilt. A moment later, I picked up 99 in the BB and 3-bet them hard against a LAG 2.5x and a SB call. Flopped a set with a flush draw on the board (Q9x) and won a nice pot after the SB check-raised my 500 c-bet to 1200, and I put him all-in. He made a smart fold with AQ (shove was probably too much there), and it put me to 5k+ for a while after being down to 3400-ish. Maybe it was coincidence that I got a playable hand after BearPlay's comment, but I appreciated the support and think it had an impact on how I played the hand preflop. Thanks Bear, and hope to meet you in Vegas next year if you can make it. :)

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
wow what a bad call rewarded lol

WSOP