Taking a break from poker

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just played a quick sit n go after a few months break and won.
I felt like I made some good decisions and felt calm, instead of emotional decisions that would get me to make bad calls.
You think it’s a good idea to take a break from poker? And does it help your game?

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a break is good when I start playing too loose and start making bad decisions. When I return I seem more focused and play the way I know I should.

O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a full break, like not playing for months. I think thats hurts more than it helps. But not playing every day, having off-days, doing sports before you play...that helps a lot. At least for me. :D

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I just played a quick sit n go after a few months break and won.
I felt like I made some good decisions and felt calm, instead of emotional decisions that would get me to make bad calls.
You think it’s a good idea to take a break from poker? And does it help your game?

Hi Cat, I dont know why should you consider taking a break?

As you mention, "You made some good decisions and felt calm", so I will say you need to Reinforce that positive attitude and stay playing the same way you did to win.
Of course you will not win always, but set a Target amount for a day or week and analyze your results after some time. Always remember the bankroll Management principle and you will be all right

! :five:

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good mood in the game and the right mood is what you need, and to poker you need to be easier and play a distance, less to look at your results in one day! Constantly winning is not possible, but at a distance, if you play correctly, there will be a plus. Then you do not need to take a break, but you can play in pleasure.

L

Luccasdsp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it's good to take a break. This helps us to recognize our mistakes and this can fix them.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it is a very good idea to take a break from the game. The break always helps me. I noticed that after a good rest, I make more correct decisions. And the results are, obviously, better than they were before the break.
Good luck.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like a few months is a long period to go without poker. Now if you're still studying away from the table and just not playing this could be good. If you've found that you have a lot of holes in your game or you need to focus on the mental side of the game I can get behind a break.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good taking a break but not losing completely the "contact" with poker. Someone who takes a break should fill his free time reading about poker strategy and improve his game when he is back

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest sometimes it takes a break, in any way, you clear your mind, because in any activity you take part emotionally, whether good or bad, a recreation of the brain is welcome. So you did well that you took a break.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it's useful to take breaks in the game from time to time.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in a break since december 2016. Reading first, and in a few days will try my luck.

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personnaly i think that's a good idea to take some time a break from poker.
That can help you to play better than before and to take the good decisions.
But that came a little time after the break because in the begining you will loose a lot.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking a break with any thing in life is a good thing. Taken a few from poker and never regretted it. Played way to much my first five years. Now it is very rare to get a few MTT in a month. Find I'm looking forward to playing again.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break is good I took a break last month ;I just made sports like soccer,swiming,volley and biking.Our minds need a break from forcing our brain too much ;hours in front of the computer.

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Break is one of the best options to interrupt the loss-making series. If I see that my game does not meet certain criteria, I always do a break. Of course, such small breaks, for 3-5 days, are always in my favor.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are great to just reset and renew. good to get out of habits that are negative as well

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also had a break where I did not play a month and then got a good result not a bad win, I think that small breaks are needed in order to start playing well and focus on the game, but many players play every day and get too good results and not bad wins, I also have free time every day, then I play, if there is no time then I do not play!

Mickflava888

Mickflava888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i've been involutary absent from the online felt & Cardschat but hey im back playing . cheerz

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
break the right decision. I also take breaks and it helps me