Taking a break

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well beginning of this month I had some really bad games and got really frustrated with the game. So lost my rag and put a 30 day break only to realise later that I was missing the 5k CC tournaments made me even more gutted. Well 1 more week off exile from poker and then I'm back I feel refreshed and ready to play again. I am putting some boundaries in place where I don't play everyday and I stay away from zynga I hate zynga with a passion 4-7 off always beats pocket Aces my poor laptop as been through it. I do just play mainly for fun but it's not fun when your hand is suppose to win 85% if the time but only wins 15% of the time heads up lol.

RasterGFX

RasterGFX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well beginning of this month I had some really bad games and got really frustrated with the game. So lost my rag and put a 30 day break only to realise later that I was missing the 5k CC tournaments made me even more gutted. Well 1 more week off exile from poker and then I'm back I feel refreshed and ready to play again. I am putting some boundaries in place where I don't play everyday and I stay away from zynga I hate zynga with a passion 4-7 off always beats pocket Aces my poor laptop as been through it. I do just play mainly for fun but it's not fun when your hand is suppose to win 85% if the time but only wins 15% of the time heads up lol.

Breaks are a good thing. It does stink that you missed out on all the good CC freerolls in September (I did too though so). I took a break just yesterday by just shutting down the cpu and going to sleep for 8 hours, missing 2 or 3 decent freerolls. This was purposefully done so that I will be able to be more rested and focused for the Friday freerolls (which could be big wins if played correct).

Hopefully your break puts you in a good frame of mind! :)

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm not surprised you needed a break if you were playing Zynga! Breaks are an important factor that get overlooked by most, especially by winning players.Maybes not a 30 day break but 1 or 2 days offf per week are a must in my opinion no matter how much you win or love the game.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing you need a break to regroup is a sign of a good player. This means you just need to feel refreshed before you start playing again. When the fun game feels unfun, that's the time to walk away for a little. Try meditating a little and be outside. It helps clear the mind a lot more.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is something we cannot do anything about.

It happens anywhere and anytime.

Mindset is very important.

The day is your lucky day, will hit everything in your favor too and you will get a big hit

A

AllinFun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a time is always a good thing. You will find a difference in your game when you return. Enjoy your time away from the tables!

Constantinoleon

Constantinoleon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantinoleon

whenever I have a break in the tournament I take it to take a breath outside and calm down:)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that a week or two-week break in poker is enough to start the game anew and be renewed and focused on the game, you can skip a lot of interesting games and other interesting materials at such a time, but you should be focused on your new game after rest and breaks, I wish you good luck in your new game

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all have slumps, and this makes us remove the desire to play poker, it is best to take a break.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do not be upset. Keep working on improving your skills. A small break is usually useful for players. In addition, on October 5, there will be another freeroll at 888.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's always a good thing to rest and take a break when the variance is not on our side or when we get to play our A game. It's a real shame to miss the 5k CC tournaments but it still has new events. you will surely have another opportunity to mount your banckroll. I wish you good luck for your next games

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you need to take a break in the game of poker is a psychological vacation if you constantly play you quickly get tired.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do not worry, you are not the only one who missed these tournaments))) But I do not regret it, I had a great vacation and now I can join the battle with renewed vigor)))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont waste your time on Zynga. Even if you are purely a recreational player, the software of real money sites is just so much better, and you can literally play for pennies, if you choose SnGs.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Buddy, if you only had some bad games, you didn't get to feel what is a real downswing.
Players often have bad months of play, whether its vaariance or playing bad, it just happens.

Just keep your head high, use CC site to get more info and knowledge on the game and it will get better :)

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say take a week off max. A month is way too long. Unless you were playing live games...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes this happens to everyone. Best of all, in such cases, a break helps. Therefore, do not lose optimism and prepare for victories.
Good luck.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is always good to take a break and return with the recharged battery and eat the world:ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao:

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all need to take breaks sometimes.

Moderation is key to everything!

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Break is a mandatory part of poker.

I'm working hard on knowing when it's time to take one and maybe you should aswell.

It's been said by others but so true to me: When the game starts being "unfun" it's time to let go.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well a break sometimes is good

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, breaks are important in poker. I also live where not much goes and then I do not play for 1-2 weeks and dedicate myself to my other hobbies. And then I'm back with more joy and fun at play.:)

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back! Good for you to realize you needed a break. Good Luck

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to playing poker all the time without a brake even if all going wrong because even loosing learns something. It's important to get some good experience.