Table full of Hellmuths

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was a table full of hellmuths the only person putting them on Tilt would be you. So yes , I would 100% do it, To watch 8 other people explode at once because they let me limp in with 7-10 suited and smacked em with the nuts on the river. BOOM MAGICCC!!!

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Yes this would be hilarious. I do love Phil but also love watching him meltdown.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't play for sure, but from the side I would not refuse to look at this sight.:rolleyes:

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I would. Suspect plays and entertainment. What's not to like

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that would make great TV, but I wouldn't wanna play against cry babies like Phil.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, why not, be front side to a great comedy show. It would be a nice challenge to read the table dynamics as well.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would be worth the price of admission to sit at that table and watch the fireworks. It would be more explosive that the fireworks on canada Day !!!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would you sit in a table full of Hellmuths? that would be amazing watching them put each other on tilt

Do you also believe in tables full of Supermans and Spidermans? Do you really believe that the most awarded player in the world - Hellmuth, doesn't know how to play well any role he wants? I think he's one of the top actors in the world and knows perfectly how to control his emotions, what to show and what to say at the table... If the cameras are filming then he knows that the show is on, but you don't.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can I both love and hate this idea?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you also believe in tables full of Supermans and Spidermans? Do you really believe that the most awarded player in the world - Hellmuth, doesn't know how to play well any role he wants? I think he's one of the top actors in the world and knows perfectly how to control his emotions, what to show and what to say at the table... If the cameras are filming then he knows that the show is on, but you don't.

I would say 'some of the time'... but it's quite apparent that he doesn't always have control over his emotions while at the poker tables. ie. Did you watch his wsop performance this year? ... and his ridiculous berating of the player who won the large pot vs. him. I'd suggest this was right out of control.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would you sit in a table full of Hellmuths? that would be amazing watching them put each other on tilt

Hahaha. I had to laugh at this title. I´ve seen him play online. I wonder if he still plays old school on cam just for the show but to answer your question... It depends how many (Hellmuth) players are on the table and MTT or cash. Would be easier if it was a cash game i think.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say 'some of the time'... but it's quite apparent that he doesn't always have control over his emotions while at the poker tables. ie. Did you watch his WSOP performance this year? ... and his ridiculous berating of the player who won the large pot vs. him. I'd suggest this was right out of control.

Charlie Chaplin, the most famous clown in the history, had iQ=140 and played the role of the clown very well. When he was on stage, he performed so well, that he had all attention of the crowd on him. That's how he earned his place in the history. I can't clearly see any difference between Hellmuths and Chaplin behavior. Replace the stage with poker table, replace Chaplin with Helmuth and you'll see that it's the same old engine of manipulation installed in different body.

I can't say that this is some type of reverse psychology, but checking the facts I can say for sure that Hellmuth is trying to a) create a image of tilting loser to reduce the influence of his past victories on his present and future opponents and b) he wants poker community to pay attention to his losses c) he wants to increase tilt level of his opponents, if he's still at the table by starting a "tilt drama" of his own. And finally d) Tilt is something that happens to all of the poker players, some people are too shy to act like him, and that's what they like about him, it's the same as 95% of UFC or MMA fans never had fights in their life, but they still admire the fighters. Hellmuth's alternative in UFC is Conor McGregor. Bad boy who catches all publics attention. In the world where tolerance becomes more and more usual thing, those who have zero tolerance will become more and more popular.

By the way, it was proven long time ago by genetics that women are more stable and have better immune system. That's why there aren't too many female geniuses, and not too many idiots and criminals, and it also explains why in average females live longer that males. From the other side males are responsible for genetic diversity, that's why there are many geniuses and many idiots among males. During centuries society paid much more attention to people who differ from usual. "Hahhaha- look how dumb he is." + "Oh my - how smart he is" + "Look how strong he is" - that's how we pay respect to those who differ. I think that Hellmuth knows and exploits this very well. Some people in poker world are building their image with clothes, sunglasses, hair and so on. Hellmuths is using emotions to build his image

And I also think that Hellmuth understands well how Google Page Rank. It will be a huge victory for him, if being busted in first hour of the tourney he will get more links/views/articles leading to his name than the winner will get. Bad fame still is a fame. :saint:

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
if it is a matter of maintaining state behavior !!! Trust your instincts and have confidence in your game !!! be careful ... do not enter the party without invitation;)

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Definitely would love that. The Helmuthian strategy is super exploitable. And with the added tilt bonus factor you could easily print money!!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Now that would be a memorable table for sure.:driver:

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely sit at a table full of Hellmuths. And hopefully I would set some of them
off. Also would be a great televised event that I wouldn't want to miss!

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It'll be fun I think, specially seeing when one of them got bad belated.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good for TV but bad for the game. After watching his latest outburst, how many amateur players want to deal with that?

F

FuncrusherPlus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about a table full of Hellmuths. But a dream of mine has always been to sit at a table with PH and fire a massive raise when he starts trying to handle me. "Ill take this one, you take the next" and push a huge stack forward right as the last syllable rolls off.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, I love sense of humor for Hellmuth. He is mad like no other. Yes he is very skills but they have luck too. :D

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only if it was a cash game on poker night in america he's donked off more buy in on that show it'd be a dream to have 8 of him at the table

C

Cesum Pec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Years ago I played 2/5NL with Helmuth at Maryland Live, IIRC. I got the feeling that everyone at the table, myself included, wanted to win a pot from him on a bluff or a bad beat, just to watch him melt down. The melt down was more valuable than the chips.

The table managed to get a few grumbles out of him, but he left in about an hour, so I never had the chance to get in a good hand with him.

I played with Moneymaker in Daytona several times. I've heard lots of people say he is no good, but he made reads that were phenomenal, announcing the other player's hands when he would call or fold on the river. He plays LOTS of hands and wins big or loses big.

My best hand against CM, he was in seat 3, me in 4. He either folds or opens 3X every hand. So when he opened, I raised 4X and everyone folded to CM's call.

The flop, 6 2 T, CM checks, I bet pot, CM calls.

The turn was a 3, CM checks, I bet pot, CM calls.

The river was a face card, CM checks, I check. I show 64o and he expressed incredulity that I had raised him with such junk. He didn't show his hand but he LOLed and so did I.

Having obtained a story, I tightened up my game significantly. CM soon left because he had a run a class for newbies.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would probably be the worst poker dream. I would definitely prefer to play on a table full of durrrr `s (Tom Dwan). Certainly there would be lots of action and crazy bluffs :D