Switching computers while in a tournament

C

crabby4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On fulltilt tournaments, is it possible to switch computesr while in a tourney?

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about UB? I plan on trying tomorrow.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do it almost every day. Just log out on one and log in on the other. I try to do it during breaks but once in a while I do it right after folding a hand.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you have to sit out, then make the switch, the best way to do it is to fire up the other computer with the log in screen displayed, then sit out next hand and log off and shut down one and then log onto the other.
I have not done this on UB but I would imagine it will work the same...

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
While it is possible, it may throw up a red flag if you do so.

I have done this. I was deep in a tourney a few months ago on my desktop. Nearing the end, my power went off. It came on breifly, but since the storm that made it happen was getting worse, I logged off FTP. Since I as sitting good in chips and felt like I had a good chance to cash deep, I wasn't about to just let myself blind out. I took out my laptop, which had a good battery (enough to finish the tourney) and logged in. Before I continued playing though, I shipped an email to FTP Support to let them know my situation. I didn't want them to think thee were any shenanigans going on. I finished the tournry soon afterwards (just missed the FT), and logged out.

Two days later I recieved an email back from support, thanking me for informing them of the situation. The told me that since my local IP address was the same, and my play remained consistant, that all was good.

Had I not sent that email, apparently I would have been stripped of my winnings and had my account suspended pending review.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wouldn't worry at all about a red flag or contacting - no kidding I do this almost every single day in multiple tournaments at both FT and PS and have never had an issue.

And that doesn't even include times like mentioned above when I have had power or internet outages.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldn't worry at all about a red flag or contacting - no kidding I do this almost every single day in multiple tournaments at both FT and PS and have never had an issue.
+1 granted I don't do it as much as Dakota, but have done it occasionally when my son wanted my laptop and Cape was not using the computer, so I swap.
Cape also has ps and ft accounts on that computer which you would think would flag it more, and it has never been an issue.

polingpower

polingpower

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And that doesn't even include times like mentioned above when I have had power or internet outages.

+1 i do it all time also..........

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

At the time, I wasn't sure, so that's why I contacted. Not sure why it would be a problem anyways. Kinda baffled over their response, and I wish I'd have saved the email.

Nowadays, I switch now and then and have no problems.

I suppose if you have the same IP address on both or all comps, it's not an issue.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of us do the same thing Daily, would not worry about it.

josephs333

josephs333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem

It's no problem, I do it all the time, but make sure your user name is the same and not something different.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no problem, I do it all the time, but make sure your user name is the same and not something different.

Some ppl have more than one person that plays poker on the same computer with there on screen name (not muti accounting).This did throw up a red flag on tilt once after a few e-mails it was all good though,with FTP 2 emails take about a week or more to get the info.Damn there support sucks.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You on about switching computers from a different IP address or the same? I often change everyday between my desktop and laptop. If there is something on TV I want to watch or if I'm going to bed I will just switch to laptop and finish of there. Never had a problem. I guess you might possibly encounter a problem if you play from a different IP address.

IE: Going someone else's house.

elvis mcburgerking

elvis mcburgerking

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know that you can do it on tilt and stars. you can also do it on ub and absolute. You need to play the first 15 minutes or so on ub and absolute or they will kick you out.

elvis mcburgerking

elvis mcburgerking

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to clarify: you need to be there right when the tourney starts.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no issue on another IP either. Just the other week, I was at a card room with a friend and I got KO'd but she (my pal & lift home) wasnt yet, had a deep stack with quite way to go so i thought id pull up a 180 man on FT. Lo and behold, 10 mins later, she's gone, i log out, go home, and log in here to finish it. No email from FT.

On another occasion, I had a power cut, mid tourney, called a (trustworthy) friend at his house to ask if he could finish it for me, which he did. It's a complete non issue.

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have swapped between main isp and mobile dongle a few times with no problems.

B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats wrong

There's no issue on another IP either. Just the other week, I was at a card room with a friend and I got KO'd but she (my pal & lift home) wasnt yet, had a deep stack with quite way to go so i thought id pull up a 180 man on FT. Lo and behold, 10 mins later, she's gone, i log out, go home, and log in here to finish it. No email from FT.

On another occasion, I had a power cut, mid tourney, called a (trustworthy) friend at his house to ask if he could finish it for me, which he did. It's a complete non issue.
. Switching computers and playing the game yourself should not be a problem. Having somebody else finish playing your tournement is wrong. And I think the user agreement states this.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've switched back and forth from my pc to my laptop on numerous occasions on pokerstars with no problems. I just make sure I close out one instance of the server before logging into another.

oh and it is indeed against policy to have someone else play any part of a tournament for you or otherwise play any poker under your account. Your risking having your BR gone by doing that.

P

piedmontred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have switched between laptops and desktop with same ip, as stated above, with no problems. Not very pc knowledgalbe so I wonder , If you logged out then back in at different ip. what would happen? Having someone other than yourself play on your account is a big no no.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. Switching computers and playing the game yourself should not be a problem. Having somebody else finish playing your tournement is wrong. And I think the user agreement states this.

So you would do what? Just go, oh well, I'll forget that $11 and go to bed?

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you would do what? Just go, oh well, I'll forget that $11 and go to bed?

Actually, that is precisely what I would do.

Moreover it is stated as being part of your term of agreement for the site and what you are obligated to do regarding tech problems on your end.

Should they ever catch on to this form of "help" they may simply take your whole bankroll and ban you.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not help. I don't see the issue. Its not cheating, it's a necessity. I wasn't aware of anything about terms and conditions in the instance of a power cut.

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive had to do it before and had no issues on carbon or ftp.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not help. I don't see the issue. Its not cheating, it's a necessity. I wasn't aware of anything about terms and conditions in the instance of a power cut.

Don't argue with me about it. What I think is irrelevant. I'm merely stating what your TOS is and the kind of problems that can arise if you have anyone else playing on your account for any reason.