Support at home. Do you have or not?

N

Nane Santos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people. How do you deal with the lack of support from the people who live with you? I think that most suffer from an immense lack of understanding, unfortunately.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At home nobody cares if I play or not. The main thing is they don't disturb me when I'm playing, cuz they know I like it very much.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care about this and with the people I am living with. Just want a bed/chair and everybody in the house is free to do whatever he/she wants, there is no problem for me, it is my target to focus on the game, nothing can disturb me or to distract me. Though , I am playing for fun most of the time and do not need any special silence to play poker. :D

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I live alone, nobody cares if I play or not hahaha

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My family is skeptical of my passion for poker, but it has absolutely no effect on my game. Moreover, for me it is an additional motivation to become a successful and professional player.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since they saw my winnings playing, now they don't bother me at all when I'm playing

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my family has always been indifferent to what I do in life, they have never been interested in me, let alone poker, I try not to share it with them, not to talk to them about it, I'm used to it. Each of us lives on our own wave, we are all different people, even though we are relatives and we are connected only by the fact that we are relatives to each other and nothing else. as sad as it sounds, this is life.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as i don't spend too much time and money my family lets me use my free time for whatever i like including poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My family always supports me. Even though I spend a lot of time playing poker, my family supports me and always helps me. During the game, no one ever distracts me.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Within my family,we have a Team mentality,we always have each others back,, :five:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
My wife is always complaining, I try to let her know How wisely i invest the few bucks I gamble in Poker, but she still complainst! :fight:

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish...

No. My girlfriend hates it. She is under the impression I'm over here blowing the rent money. She's calmed down about once she realized I'm not financially destitute, and the issues of the past of me me punting away thousands of dollars on monkey tilt are lessons I've learned from, and aren't presently impacting me negatively. She doesn't want to hear about my sessions, win or lose. It['s cool though, because if I don't "bother" her with my gaming stories, then I can shut down shit she wants to tell me about that she is into (and that's fine. Seriously - we good!)

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since im single and i live alone, then it can't be bothered to anyone. But yeah, my mother, brother and my 2 sisters know i like poker alot and they don't say anything bad to it. My mom even once said to me that i should teach her how to play poker :D XD

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Support

Wife likes it. As long as I win and she sees the winnings working for the benefit of the family (food, clothes for kids, gas, bills etc.). Mother-in-law doesn’t like it (very religious).

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My parents don’t like poker, but they don’t bother me when I’m playing. I think the first thing you should try is to explain to your family that poker is not gambling, but a game of skill.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife never distracts me. She has enough homework and so usually she is busy. Sometimes my children distract me and keep me from concentrating. But in any case, I believe that family is more important than poker.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first, my wife was not very happy that I was playing poker, but now she understands and supports me.

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a very supportive fiance so I'm not suffering at all)))

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello people. How do you deal with the lack of support from the people who live with you? I think that most suffer from an immense lack of understanding, unfortunately.

Hello.
I love poker, but my family is more important to me. That is, in the first place, my family affairs are a priority for me. Therefore, accordingly, my family understands my hobby.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Give them the opportunity to feel the profitability of the game, or start playing together.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a doubt it is one of the worst cons I have in poker, it is very difficult for someone outside this to seriously understand what we do, they always believe that it is something that will lead us to perdition, I hope I do not agree with them. But answering your question, I honestly don't have any support at home. Maybe if I won a jackpot it could change their minds.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife is completely supportive of whatever I do, including online poker. Of course, she also likes it when I mow the grass/shovel the snow, fix things around the house, go shopping with her, buy her flowers...

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As they wrote to you below, it is important that they do not bother when playing.

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never look for support from others. You determine your own destiny.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I go through a little of that with my wife. On one hand she knows it’s our main source of income and we wouldn’t pay the bills or have nice things if I didn’t play. Every once in a while she forgets I think and gets irritated I was out til 3 “playing” poker. I think it comes from when she was young her dad would have Thursday night poker where they’d drink smoke cigars and play quarter ante dealers choice. It was his night out with the boys. So she equates it with out having fun not a job. Sometimes I have to just say you know this car we just bought was from poker, or all these Christmas presents we just bought are from poker. And she remembers it’s more than just fun for me. But I know the hours spent on the felt and in the lab studying are hard on her too so we just have to talk about it and I have to remember to make time for her as well.

Organize a Home Poker Game