SUPERNOVA At Last!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well after a traumatic day, I finally got there. Playing mainly 200nl fr over the last week or so, got me there a little quicker. But you can read more about that in my blog

Here's the confirmation, so onwards and upwards. Thx to all the guys here who supported me and to CC.

Champagne Celebrations

Attachments

• Supernova status.jpg
    Supernova status.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 9
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats. I'm sure it's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clapclapclapclap

Congrats Jay :)

I still got 41k to go :/ I envy you and your 40k+ hands/month

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice, amazing how quick you got there. I should be joining you in another 2-3 months but I don't think I'll have a shot at any milestone bonuses.

Still considering shooting for sne next year?

I

IronMonkey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nicely done man Id say you need to get outdoors more but the perks of the supernova status are to nice to pass up

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats amazing, nice work, congratulations.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats. I'm sure it's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

Most definitely WV. Just opened the Pinot Grigio now, expect to be sozzled in about 1/2 an hour :D.

Nice, amazing how quick you got there. I should be joining you in another 2-3 months but I don't think I'll have a shot at any milestone bonuses.

Still considering shooting for sne next year?

Cheers, Zach.

I'm still thinking about it, but the way I see it. I'm not going for it, but I may just grind it out and see how it goes through the year. I mean if I aim for say 500k VPP's thats worth like around $40k in bonuses which is quite good imo.

I just think, that whilst holding a full time job, it may prove just too draining. Most cash game SNE'ers play 200nl fr so it's a tall order imo. Also being able to cope with mega swings may just be too brutal to even think about. It's bad enough now just going for SN. I still haven't ruled it out, but its a meh! at the moment.

Thx for support guys.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats Jag! I know how long youve been working on this, muswt feel great now its done!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question as a non PS guy: Does making SN make it easier to get say SNE next year or is your level based on points before the modifier?

Paranormal

Paranormal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very well done..

im contemplating switching more to cash games myself

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question as a non PokerStars guy: Does making SN make it easier to get say SNE next year or is your level based on points before the modifier?

No, making sne is just based on points beforehand. Making sn does make the year you make sne more profitable though, because you get 3.5 fpps/vpp instead of 2.5 and when you get 1 million vpps that extra multiplier makes a huge difference.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question as a non PokerStars guy: Does making SN make it easier to get say SNE next year or is your level based on points before the modifier?

All the levels are based on VPP's which are base FPP's if you like. So the answer is no it doesn't matter if your SN or bronze, to get 1 million VPP's depends solely on the number of hands/games you play etc.

The only difference it makes WV, is if your not SN when you start the year going for SNE, then you won't make quite as many FPP's, in the process. I think the whole package for SNE is worth around $110k. If your not SN at the beginning then it will be a little less.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously well done jay since we all know how hard you've been grinding towards since especially during your sh*tty run not so long ago

Congrats dude

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done! I remember feeling very anticlimactic, any of that feeling settling in yet? Like, "uh, okay. What now?"

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done! I remember feeling very anticlimactic, any of that feeling settling in yet? Like, "uh, okay. What now?"

Not really anti climactic tbh FP. I'm a little annoyed at my last 1k hands d/swong though. That has certainly spoilt it somewhat, as I was having a nice run before then. But I do feel quite pleased and proud of myself. Don't get me wrong, loads of ppl do this but it was just my major goal for this year and I feel good about it.

Anyways I'm getting one of these :p

Balla posing pimp ass shirt

I'm gonna wear it everytime I load up 20 tables :rolleyes:

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats!!!
Your almost there!!! Just a couple more steps left to obtain the Porshe!!

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice work Jag, u goin for SNE next year?? :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vn. Well earned stuff, mate.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still thinking about it, but the way I see it. I'm not going for it, but I may just grind it out and see how it goes through the year. I mean if I aim for say 500k VPP's thats worth like around $40k in bonuses which is quite good imo.

I just think, that whilst holding a full time job, it may prove just too draining. Most cash game SNE'ers play 200nl fr so it's a tall order imo. Also being able to cope with mega swings may just be too brutal to even think about. It's bad enough now just going for SN. I still haven't ruled it out, but its a meh! at the moment.

Thx for support guys.

So if you make sne, why exactly do you need the full time job? ;)

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well yes Zach that is a consideration. I could take a career break from work, usually 1 year or more. The more I think about it, I will probably just concentrate on getting a decent winrate next year. Build up a nice bankroll, to be able to multi table 200 and 400nl (probably need around $20k for that). This will enable me to get rid of some of my debts as well, which I would need to do before I took a career break. So realistically, I'm probably going for it in 2010.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good gracious. I like to play... but I will be surprised if I ever get halfway to that. Just wow. ;)

cAPS

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Jay - I know you worked very hard for this and it is well deserved!

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A huge milestone achieved, congrats. It's sweet when you reach your goal, but what do you do after?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot - It's all listed in my blog, but basically go for the next milestone bonus at 200k VPP's. It's not that great of a bonus, but it's something I suppose.

Thx everyone again.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't bother trying to attempt going to SNE jay, until you decide to play poker full time, or at least take a break from work for a long enough period. Therefore i suggest you play to win monies for now so that your bankroll is in a comfortable enough position that you can sustain big downswongs and won't have to worry too much about sustaining a large winrate aswell as playing a gajillion hands