re: Poker & Sunday Million on Stars
Originally Posted by zachvac
For those who have played it before, I'm curious as to how the play is. Now that I've got a decent bankroll, I was considering giving it a shot one Sunday. So a couple questions.
1. It's deepstacked right? Does the structure typically allow time to make some moves early on or do you get a smaller stack compared with the blinds pretty quickly?
2. Level of play - I know there are a ton of satellites and I didn't know whether this made the play softer, or whether the fact that it's a $215 tourney means the level of play is pretty tough.
3. Satellites - Mentioned in #2, but are there any good satellites for this one? I know the 4-table 6 seat Sunday 100k satellite is extremely soft and a good structure, but I didn't know if there was a similar one to the million. I really don't feel like doing the triple shootouts and stuff, I'll probably just end up buying in directly, but just wanted to know if anyone knew of a good satellite for it.
I know there are several people here who've played in it, just wondering what to expect, thanks.
Ive found that between the assorted sunday $215 events, the biggest donkament in the sunday million and the players are TERRIBAD.
1. Tons of time to make moves, you can wait like 90 mins? I think before a double up becomes crucial.
2. As stated above, its terrible play, pick your spots well with GOOD hands, or great draws, many will stack TPLK if you make them believe they are winning.
3. Uhhhhh... I think perhaps the best ones are the 5600 FPP 10 seaters, 4 winning tickets, incredibly easy even though its a turbo.
Another - $56 dollar 2-tables of 4... also a turbo but it pays 2 tickets ive won it 6+ times, usually take the money, wait until 3-4 hours before tourney when its BUSY and the players are, like above, terribad.
Most of the sats to the sunday million are turbos, hence the exuberant number of bad players. If you do find a non turbo it would be like a $10 buyin reg 15m, so you must run goot.
Id just buy in tbh, unless you are feeling lucky.