pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

the topic i am looking at this week in some depth, is the range of hole cards that players choose to play that connect best for themselves, whilst i appreciate there is no definitive group of cards, i then to find for myself personally that 9/10 or QK suited is often a good play for me - i however also like to mix that up sometimes and find that 2/3 works well quite a bit.

I also appreciate that this is table and player specific, position and stack relevant to what is good to play..but i am interested in what works for you?

Let me know your views on starting hands that have a good success rate of connecting well for you..

Have a successful sunday everyone

Regards

pirateglenn:captain:

V

verybadatpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the number of blinds I/the other people at the table have -- if it's pretty low I only do some of the higher connectors where pairs are more likely to be good as a backup. I pretty much never play anything below 4/5 though. With tall stacks the lower suited connectors like 4/5 - 7/8 are cards I love having. It also depends a fair bit on the table -- if people are being aggressive and 3-betting preflop I'm much less likely to play them at all. I also tend not to like these hands as much in tournaments -- though that's probably mostly due to stack sizes.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love :9h4: :jh4: suited connectors.Specialy in the begining of the tourney. think I have luck with these cards.

daco111

daco111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to have 3/4, 7/8, though 10-j works fine as well.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most cases for only AJ doenst worked for me in many instances. especially when few players call the hand its always too ricky from my side.

other combinations did worked depends of the players and their aggression of play,

one hand today for me was TJ suited and called 2xBB while I am on button.
Flop 98J rainbow. villan gone all in with K9. I called but river and Turn was 99. endup losing that hand. but its again some crazy players in the table call with anything and bad luck with us also cost some significant chips.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early or deep stack tournaments these are literally the best hand to crack hand like aa kk or cooler sets and should have ton value in a deep structure in late stages not so good then

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like 68 suited for some reason if im early position i will 3 x blind raise this hand just to try to cut the competion down. this works well when the flop is low like 554 cause those still in the hand probably called with high ones

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Of course, everything depends on the position at the table. But in this case, the dianazon which I prefer is :ks4::qs4: :qc4::jc4: :jd4::10d4: :10h4::9h4:

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite suited cards 10,9,and when I have them I usually call even if someone bet,pre flop

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like suited connectors, if i can see the flop without paying to much it is fine, if somebody makes a 3 bet, i am out.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like j10 suited my fav hand those cards have just so much equity to make big hands that can win big pot or stack people and don't cost a ton and help balance your ranges out for deception

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not huge percentage change from suited to non-suited. Normally a few percentage points. There are other factors to consider besides it being suited that would carry more consideration to play the hand.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me The range of hands of a player may vary. all depending a lot on the position on the table, the size of the stack of chips both your own and that of the other players and also depend on whether you are in or out of money (ITM) in initial positions I usually play strong hands AA KK QQ AK AQ JJ and in late positions connected cards and suits QTs 9Ts 89s 78s 56s.
and always evaluating the rivals.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like all suited connectors and I play most of them depends on position and how deep I am I tend always to defend with my suiteed connectors in Big Blinds but I through them from middle position and tend to play even 2-3/2-4 and 2-5 suited from the button

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The deeper my stack, the more I'm down to play medium to low suited connectors.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like play suited conectors like 7-8 and Q-K, if I have enough chips and at the begining of the touranment. Suited because you hace two projects, off make me lost chips. Go luck in tables !!!

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Connectors seem to be quite tricky. I think there are many factors to consider. The factors I most often consider: position, stack depth (mine and other players), tendencies of the other players.

Even though the advantage is small, I'm definitely more likely to play suited vs. non-suited.

sinatruces

sinatruces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorit hand is
:10d4::9d4:

because this hand connect middle number and high carts
in middle connect 6 7 8
and in high connect J Q K

So with this hand you hade huge chance to be straight

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather play 5-6 and 6-7 suited over 8-9 or 9-10 suited because they are way less likely to be dominated. I'll raise them sometimes and if I don't flop good I'll just give up. It's a sneaky play if you flop a big draw or 2 pair with a Broadway card on the board

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors have just a few more percentage better than nom-suited connectors, but it is more playable since you have higher percentage to hit a flush. But I think they might not be good to call a big bet in pre-flop, mostly I play them with small pre-flop bet and hope I hit a good hand.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play 10 J suited, but in a good position do not mind to play 4 5 suited and higher. Very often this does work.

Cok1973

Cok1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play many conectors for example 6-3 Q-7,8 10-5

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't come across a specific favourite suited connector or connector cards yet...i should pay more attention.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a good KJ-KQ or 9- 10 card at an early stage of the tournament and I'm winning on it but that's what I noticed more in the tournament playing, well, and in the cash game I also play on such a card but it's very rare and I'm looking for good cards or couples!