Stress relief during poker

T

TheFireWall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to the many hours that a poker session takes, how do you handle stress? You have some previous ritual. Relaxing music or heavy metal? Do you like to talk while you play or do you prefer to go deeper into the session?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoke weed
Meditate
Exercise
(Perhaps in the reverse order lol)
Or maybe dont do s&$t why fix a working wheel?

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good rest go out to do other activities and listen to music

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant be quiet

i texting, and check mesages and emails, i lisent youtube, etc. but, i know that is wrong, im triying to avoid thah behavior.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My Stress Relief

Old man's medicine....
Dan'o

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have absolutely no specific ritual, I'm just trying to calm down

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm ready to play at least 16 hours if only it brings money

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I listen my favorite music and I take advantage of the breaks, for some rest!

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am from argentina and I do not know if anyone ever heard the name "mate" but generally well while I play I have some delicious mates in the company of my wife and the day passes quickly by playing like that

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a game with a lot of tension, along comes the stress, you have to know how to deal

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't feel stressed when i play. i think it's because i know and understand what to expect when i play mtts, which is my main game.

for example:
-i know downswings are inevitable so, i make sure i have solid abankroll management plan.
-i know i'm going to bust out of 80-85% of mtts i play without cashing. so, i focus on maxing out my return the other 15%.
-i know mtts have a ton of a variance, so i put myself in the best +ev situations i can every time i play. it doesn't mean i'm always going to win, but i am giving myself the best opportunity to come out ahead in the long run.
-i understand that the point of an mtt isn't to win every hand, to win every pot, to not lose flips, to not bust out, to not downswing, etc. because that's impossible. all that is inevitable and is going to happen and it happens to even the best players. it's out of my control, so i don't focus on it. i just focus on what i can control and that's my +ev decisions. after that, it is what is.