Strategy - TAG for the win, or be more loose?

JDCT12

JDCT12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you feel like TAG is the only way to win, or can you be more loose and still find out a way to beat the game?:confused:

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you feel like TAG is the only way to win, or can you be more loose and still find out a way to beat the game?:confused:

Some ppl might run good forever playing tag lol

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no magic formula for poker. This is what makes it such a great game. There are many ways to be successful at the table.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know how to control the value of betting is fundamental in poker, suppose you decide to play with AK in UTG position, AK is a good hand, but you are in the starting position and have a lot of player to talk after you, so I point out you play cautiously with AK in the starting position. Remember, the more players you are disputing the pot the bigger the odds are that someone has hit something, so do not bluff against two or more opponents. You want to play a bit looser, play loose wisely, start playing with 45s, 56s, 67s, 78s, in the final position if no one has entered the pot before you if someone has entered the pot before you and that player apply a raise, fold no pity, depending on the tournament you are playing this raise may be representing a lot of strength, so be very careful and do not bluff.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strategy in poker Hold'em for cash games depends on the size of the initial stack. There are three types of such strategies:

a short stack strategy (SSS);
middle stack strategy (MSS);
deep-stack strategy (BSS).

The main principle of the tournament game is a tight-aggressive approach.

:cool:

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, if there was a law to accurately win in poker, everyone would be millionaires and the game of poker would not be interesting. it all depends on hard work

kasra32

kasra32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most important factor is patience

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best strategy is to play in position...Save out of position play for premium hands...

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
strategy will always be very important when playing poker ... and there is no single strategy ... from my point of view the game strategy is determined by how my opponents play ..!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only profitable strategy is to always adapt your style based on your table and your opponents. Dont always play one style. You will be easy to read and exploited. Adjusting to the situation is the winning style. Playing tag against a tag, you dont have an edge.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There's no good answer to this question. Depends on the game, opponents and table dynamics. You have to adjust. The only general advice I would give is to play as many hands as you can in position.

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bottom position and a lot of concentration, always wide pairs

V

VbikerV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love waiting good hand, or play hard

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With my limited knowledge, TAG work fine, but requires:
- a matching set of opponents
- the right cards at the right moment
If not, you'll have to get creative around the TAG strategy
p.s. maybe that's how Doyle got his bracelet with 10-2 'the Brunsson'

MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
strategy will always be very important when playing poker ... and there is no single strategy ... from my point of view the game strategy is determined by how my opponents play ..!

This will serve you well. Your strategy should depend on the play of your opposition. I think it is important that you are able to adapt/change your strategy. Try to play opposite style of opponents and you should come out ahead more times than not.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wan to be a winner player you have to know when to play loose, when to be a nit, when to be a TAG . It sounds easy but with time, studying and playing we will improve our game and we will become winner players.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO You can't always play one way it all depends on table dynamics, stack sizes, different opponent styles. I myself play pretty TAG but they are times when the table is passive and you can go through the gears and start to cage everyone if you are the big stack.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you can see in pro tournaments people can win with very different strategies. The reason why TAG is considered best for new players because strong hands are easier to play and you should first learn to get the maximum from your strong hands. When you have learned the basics you add more complex weapons to your arsenal you will be able to play well also with inferior hands and your style will become looser.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
responce

For every method of play there is a counter method, so I will play the same hand many different ways during a tournament.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only profitable strategy is to always adapt your style based on your table and your opponents. Dont always play one style. You will be easy to read and exploited. Adjusting to the situation is the winning style. Playing tag against a tag, you dont have an edge.

I totally aggree with Spaceman the best thing is to Adjust according to your opponents styles and ranges you could play both styles TAG and LAG ( Metagame ) depending on whom you are facing on that particular hand.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play a few hands at the start of the tournament and drop the game in the end.

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally aggree with Spaceman the best thing is to Adjust according to your opponents styles and ranges you could play both styles TAG and LAG ( Metagame ) depending on whom you are facing on that particular hand.

The best strategy.:five:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG effective style at the beginning of the tournament.
But already in the middle part and closer to the bubble you can go to the LAG.
Change the strategy is useful in certain stages.
expansion of the range is necessary.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the key is to recognize the opponent(s) you are playing against. The ability to switch up your game depending on who you're in a hand with gives you a huge edge. Being able to force the TAG off a big pot with middle pair, or stringing the calling station for all 3 streets to get maximum value is a much stronger way of playing than having a set strategy that you stick to like glue. That way you become the worst thing you can ever be at the poker table; predictable.