Stoxpoker/Stoxtrader Scandal

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As some of you may be aware, there is currently a scandal brewing about the owner of Stoxpoker. He goes by the name of Stoxtrader online and on another well known forum.

I can supply the cliff notes and if any members would like to go into more detail please feel free to do so.

- A few days ago, a high stakes player posted accusations about certain members of Stoxpoker - including but not limited to: short stacking, multi accounting, rat holing and collusion.

- The thread was then quickly moved but eventually re-opened again after more evidence was brought forth.

- Stoxtrader came out and posted his winning histories - CONFIRMING he is a short stacker and eventually ADMITTED to having multiple accounts.

- New evidence emerged showing possible collusion between his multiple accounts and other accounts.

- Stoxtrader has since denied ever being involved in any collusion.

- New evidence is being brought forth of possible collusion/cheating and more and more people that know or have evidence are coming forth as well.

- High profile players such as Tom "durrrr" Dwan (WHO IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY) have even commented on the scandal.

Figured this is a pretty news worthy story and something that members here should know about - especially if they are also members of Stoxpoker or were considering getting a membership there.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know whether or not he's guilty of these things but I just heard on a poker radio channel that FTP is dropping them as an affiliate and thus anyone using the "Truly free poker Training" is about to lose their subscription.

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know whether or not he's guilty of these things but I just heard on a poker radio channel that FTP is dropping them as an affiliate and thus anyone using the "Truly Free Poker Training" is about to lose their subscription.

2+2 has also ceased all relations with StoxPoker/Cardrunners for the time being.

cucumber_pandas

cucumber_pandas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been following this thread on 2+2 and am pretty shocked by all these allegations. I've had a stox account before and the collusion stuff will just not be tolerated.

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been following this thread on 2+2 and am pretty shocked by all these allegations. I've had a stox account before and the collusion stuff will just not be tolerated.

What's also really unfortunate is how absolutely HORRIBLE for the game this is. Just as people are starting to get over/forget about the Ultimate Bet/Absolute Poker scandal, this emerges. This is what anti-poker/gaming groups live for and I can assure you this is bulletin board material for them.

Epik High

Epik High

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, poker scandals..

sucks cuz stoxtrader was a pretty reputable guy.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know whether or not he's guilty of these things but I just heard on a poker radio channel that FTP is dropping them as an affiliate and thus anyone using the "Truly Free Poker Training" is about to lose their subscription.

Pretty sure you misheard this or someone was talking out of their ass again. I mean this COULD happen but my guess is that FTP hasn't even begun their investigation as of yet.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing FTP they will tell that they were bad and don't do it again. LOL

First HO then this, Stoxpoker is looking good.

Epik High

Epik High

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stoxpoker no longer a sponsored forum at 2p2

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So yeah he just admitted to being 40putts which is the SN accused of colluding. According to Stox himself he is waiting for an investigation to be completed by FTP and PS.

WVhillbilly. I hope your right. Because since you hooked me up with the info Ive been consuming videos at a pretty rapid pace and would like to continue at no cost to me.

I would also like to add that just because their is a mob mentality surrounding this issue, screaming for him to be hanged, Im not convinced that he was cheating.

Now, that being said, if the sites say he was in fact colluding.... Ill prepare the noose.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think fulltilt has done anything about this as of yet...but i could be wrong.I need to do a lil research with this one altho i must admit these alligations are shocking to say the least.This collusion thing happens alot i see but how can you tell if it's happing to you?

xXSmuggla

xXSmuggla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These kinds of things really are bad for the whole game of poker. This happened also with Townsend sharing hand histories about ilsidur1. But, can this man get actually charged with anything from the cops? or will FTP or someone1 file a lawsuit against him? We'll see how this thing pans out....

btw...what is 'rat holing' ?

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's also really unfortunate is how absolutely HORRIBLE for the game this is. Just as people are starting to get over/forget about the Ultimate Bet/Absolute Poker scandal, this emerges. This is what anti-poker/gaming groups live for and I can assure you this is bulletin board material for them.

The general public really isn't gonna be ineterested in this. It's nothing like AP/UB at all

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These kinds of things really are bad for the whole game of poker. This happened also with Townsend sharing hand histories about ilsidur1. But, can this man get actually charged with anything from the cops? or will FTP or someone1 file a lawsuit against him? We'll see how this thing pans out....

btw...what is 'rat holing' ?

I don't think any criminal charges can or would be filed - but a "black balling" in the poker community is more than likely.

"Rat Holing" is a term used for a player (typically a short stacker) that plays a few hands, hits a big pot and leaves the table immediately or shortly after. Aka - hit and run artist.

The general public really isn't gonna be ineterested in this. It's nothing like Absolute Poker/Ultimatebet at all

No the general public does not have an interest in this YET. As long as Dateline doesn't run a follow up to their "ongoing" investigation about online poker, it should stay that way. That's a big IF.

The point is that this is a very sensitive time in the U.S. in regards to online poker. The poker community has made huge strides in the last 2 years. There are 2 bills in the senate and congress, we have a president who is a poker player and everything is looking promising. The right wing/anti gaming groups - up until this - were literally running out of ammunition. Although I doubt this could end up being any type of trump card for them, it surely does not help our (the poker community's) cause.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW! That is huge news. I had not heard about that, but this kind of crap is what gives poker, and especially online poker, a bad name. I have been a member of StoxPoker for several years and recently renewed my subscription. After hearing about this, however, I sent StoxPoker and e-mail cancelling my membership and asking for a refund of my subscription fee. I'm not going to support scumbags like that. There are other training sites that I can join.

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is good info to know. Sad. I was going to use my Academy points to get a month subscription to StokPoker, but I'll try another site instead.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Note that the current allegations are specific to an individual, not to the company, and that individual has resigned from the company.

Up to everyone whether the current allegations warrant shunning the company or not, but other than some background rumors, nobody's indicting the overall company on the basis of this situation.

In fact, I'd suggest a mod change the title of the thread to Stoxtrader Scandal, just imo.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No the general public does not have an interest in this YET. As long as Dateline doesn't run a follow up to their "ongoing" investigation about online poker, it should stay that way. That's a big IF.

oh come on there's basically no chance of this happening. explaining that seeing everyone else's holecards gives you an advantage in poker to average guy #9843567 is one thing, explaining how some guy who was an employee of a poker training site could gain an advantage by colluding and why he's suspected of colluding is another thing entirely. i mean even the people at 2p2 are arguing over whether any potential advantage is negligible or not. just like the AP scandal would never have broken into the mainstream without the 'smoking gun' of the hand history file with all holecards that was 'mistakenly' sent out (because without this it would have been a nightmare to explain to joe public exactly why people thought that potripper et al was a superuser), this won't either, and i don't see how such a smoking gun can even exist in this case unless stox(trader) comes out with completely full disclosure (which will never happen).

personally i don't think the thread title needs changing. at least some people at stox knew about the multi-accounting (and have admitted the same at 2p2), which makes me wonder what they're not admitting to. regardless, after their incompetence with the whole jason ho thing i for one am no longer willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and the siege mentality they seem to be adopting at the moment isn't helping matters.

Last edited:
joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having more than one account at Full Tilt is against the terms of service. Stoxpoker came back with the defense "back when we started it was common to have several accounts." Yeah, well now it's not. I'm more interested in knowing what was going on at Full Tilt - if there were "serious and personal" reasons for changing his username and "migrating accounts" I'd like to know what they are. I was under the impression that unless someone was threatening you in chat or hacked your account, you couldn't get a new username.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that "serious and personal" crap really doesn't wash. it's been tried before and it will be tried again but when people start crying "SERIOUS AND PERSONAL STUFF ZOMG I CAN'T TELL YOU" with regards to playing cards on the internet with more than one account, frankly it's so absurd it's hilarious.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing he says is going to wash if the hh analyses being run right now show further evidence of collusion. The MA is bad enough, the ratholing ss'ing is bad enough, the misrepresentation of identity (both in terms of actual online play AND in terms of expertise/business reputation as a coach) is bad enough - but collusion will result in lifetime bans from all reputable sites if substantiated.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe Dusty will give us his take on the whole thing. He commented on the whole Jason Ho thing on one of his blogs-be interesting to see what he thinks.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe Dusty will give us his take on the whole thing. He commented on the whole Jason Ho thing on one of his blogs-be interesting to see what he thinks.

Pretty sure he mentioned in his well that he's against migrating accounts, but I doubt he'll comment specifically on this situation

Edit - Lol after seeing that ridiculous term 'migrating accounts' so much in the 2p2 thread I've started using it. It's not 'migrating accounts' it's multi-accounting

Last edited: