Starting a Poker Career

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi .. how do you think you can start your poker career from scratch at 36?!

K

kissnut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone start at any age just enjoy playing the game

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you ask about this, then you don’t really want to start.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a poker career is just too lazy to work at a normal job, as a hobby ok!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at 36 you should have a reasonable chance to startby listing the main aspects.
One of which is bank roll management BRM.
When you understand the basics of BRM you should easily save yourself a few years over the your guns who get too agressive/enthausiastic and blow their bankroll; then either quit, or start again from scratch.
Another aspect: project your future as poker pro, would you like it?

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

hard question ... for me poker is just a hobby ... in fact, a lovely hobby ...

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would need a large bankroll to start, and sufficient living money until you manage to get some solid wins under your belt....it will be a tough grind, and you must have patience and perseverance.

P

PharCyde007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Master Class

If you take Daniel Negranyu's Master Class course it will turn you into a semi pro after taking that knowlage to the tables for a while check it out at www.masterclass.com

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if you have an excellent track record of being a great poker player and have plenty of money to get started with and still paying living expenses.

It is highly unlikely you have either of the above, much less both.

Playing poker for a career is something only a handful of players can do. :)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My mother-in-law started her career well over her sixties online. She managed to win a 1$/1000 players soon after unfortunately for her... Because after that, she thought poker was easy and the downward spiral began.

Never take poker for granted. Study hard. No penny is easy to get.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi .. how do you think you can start your poker career from scratch at 36?!
Just like any journey,,it starts with the first step forward.Anyone can win at this game if you want it bad enough,dont let anyone or anything stand in your way! :icon_salu

L

luckstackin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems to me like the age doesn't matter, as some others have pointed out. but unless you have a pretty massive bankroll and a ton of experience (extremely uncommon as debi pointed out), you will likely have to spend quite a bit of time grinding day in and day out.

i just turned 36 and haven't played poker in several years, but i am a day trader by profession and decided to get back into it. i enjoy playing poker far more than i do trading, and to be honest would like to grind my way up to being able to do it as a profession.

best of luck to you if you decide to start the grind!

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely - no time like the present to get started - make sure to follow good bankroll management!

D

dave1957

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can. Read the books, that out there alat you can so you can learn.es thy gaml the youtubes and play as man

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first step is to take a seat and put some money down on the felt. Good luck my friend, and good luck all in.

:evil:Zer0:evil:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in poker you can start at any age, it's not gymnastics:)

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never too late there would be a desire

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play and see whether you like poker or not, learn never too late, you can register at a poker school and first go through Beginners Bankroll Challenge to get tickets for the game.

K

Kalipro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a hard gig but like anything else it takes work. 36 isn't even close to old mann, you got so much time. If you have the desire....go for it, no regrets.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know if by simply making a deposit without ever touching it, you could play freeroll for new depositors (or all kind of freeroll for that matter), make some free money with it and eventually cash out your initial deposit?

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just mentioned in another thread, if you have a family then 0% chance, if you can live married to only poker (or whatever for that fact) then yea you got all the time in the world. But if you got a family that depends on you and plus do you think youll be cut out for the poker lifestyle if you have a family (w.o out the I miss my kids crap) but IF YOU ARE ALONE - YOLO - CAUSE GETTING OLDER REGRET IS ****ING REAL!!! I have it and wish I would of realized early in life that If I never had anything I wouldnt miss anything meaning that if I went for what I really loved and failed, then I wouldnt of had anything anyways and AT LEAST I TRIED. but like i said its all contingent on if youre single

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at 36 you should have a reasonable chance to startby listing the main aspects.
One of which is bank roll management BRM.
When you understand the basics of BRM you should easily save yourself a few years over the your guns who get too agressive/enthausiastic and blow their bankroll; then either quit, or start again from scratch.
Another aspect: project your future as poker pro, would you like it?
Smells good) of course..which direction would you advise?

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you have an excellent track record of being a great poker player and have plenty of money to get started with and still paying living expenses.

It is highly unlikely you have either of the above, much less both.

Playing poker for a career is something only a handful of players can do. :)
sometimes hearing the truth is not very pleasant:icon_joke

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who said what a bankroll .???whaha. from scratch) is it possible? some one do it here?)