Small stack player who wins hand nets me over 100BBs!

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This was just funny. I wasn't paying enough attention and just screamed when I saw one player get 4 of a kind 7s. I then noticed how much I had just "won" even though I just lost the hand!

I admit I may not have played the hand too well. Maybe I should have bet immediately (not check) when I got the K high flush but, hey, I am still learning. It was just a slow play trap that went wrong! I was multi-tabling at the time so was a bit unobservant of the one guy's small stack.

Villain 1 had VPIP of 80 and was mostly passive

Villain 2 was an utter maniac (VPIP 90) who went all the way up to $11 and then down to 15 cents in a few minutes on this 2NL table.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All perfectly. This is poker.
But seriously. Let's ask ourselves if it was profitable to enter the SB position with the 4th bet on 1bb, for which the whole table played. Now you have a flush draw (I think the eldest) and a pair on the flop, you have no position and 4 opponents, and you decided that donk bet is the best solution (excellent), and your second flush on the turn, and not forget about the pair board. Check-Allin (okay? I don’t know, but I think it’s right). Therefore, when the BB raised, it was clear that he had thrips, but there could be a full house (since the opponent’s range on the BB could not be calculated with such a preflop. But I think that playing at a distance was a plus.
I think that it was necessary not to inflate the bank on the flop, you should understand this, this is not for the better. But on the other hand, a game against opp with a small stack requires knowledge of some nuances.

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All perfectly. This is poker.
But seriously. Let's ask ourselves if it was profitable to enter the SB position with the 4th bet on 1bb, for which the whole table played. Now you have a flush draw (I think the eldest) and a pair on the flop, you have no position and 4 opponents, and you decided that donk bet is the best solution (excellent), and your second flush on the turn, and not forget about the pair board. Check-Allin (okay? I don’t know, but I think it’s right). Therefore, when the BB raised, it was clear that he had thrips, but there could be a full house (since the opponent’s range on the BB could not be calculated with such a preflop. But I think that playing at a distance was a plus.
I think that it was necessary not to inflate the bank on the flop, you should understand this, this is not for the better. But on the other hand, a game against opp with a small stack requires knowledge of some nuances.

In honesty, K9s is actually right on the edge of my range. I would usually fold it in that position but it was a weird table. Probably not good reasoning, but when I saw all players in the pot it was just 1.5 BB to come in and join the fun:p. Basically the whole table min-betted... I certainly wasn't going to raise it. Also I could see the chance of full house but felt like being a bit crazy.

I have a chart which suggests only raising K9s in late position. Then again I didn't raise - it was just a flat call. Saw the flush draw on the flop and thought I had a good chance with this one.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands