sitters / sit outs !!

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is it that ultimatebet and absolute has the the program to get rid of sitters, fulltilt and pokerstars dont. I mean as much $$$$ these sites make and they cant get that?

Im sick of playing with sitters who dont show. Especially when people fold to them and they dont know who is sitting out.

In general Im talking about games they people reg days or weeks ahead of time. Yes I know some may forget. But at least fulltilt and pokerstars can remove them after 10mins of the game starts.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pretty obvious on both of those sites who's sitting out, so you'd have to be a braindead moron to fold to them. Those are the idiots you should be mad at, not the sitters.

It really should make no difference to you whatsoever if they are there or not-it's just one less person who's paid into the pot that you don't have to go through.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually think it's Ulimate Bet and Absolute that are in the wrong on this one.

If someone's paid to enter a tournament, it's up to them whether they play every hand or sit every hand out.

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is it that ultimatebet and absolute has the the program to get rid of sitters, fulltilt and pokerstars dont. I mean as much $$$$ these sites make and they cant get that?

Im sick of playing with sitters who dont show. Especially when people fold to them and they dont know who is sitting out.

In general Im talking about games they people reg days or weeks ahead of time. Yes I know some may forget. But at least fulltilt and pokerstars can remove them after 10mins of the game starts.

I don't get it, this seem obvious. If they aren't playing they are surrendering their chips with out a fight. You should be happy. Now if you’re referring to sitting out on cash tables you are correct they should be folded after 3 missed orbits. Oh wait, that’s what they [ps] do. :D

C

confuzd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been at tables where I was the only one and I was more than happy to rush every hand prior to them coming in. Like said before if it is a buy-in the seat should be covered until the chips are gone in my opinion.

Now, if you were to say that the knockout on Cardschat, is annoying if you are reading long threads and then try to post and up comes the you are not signed thingy, then I would be on your side.

Nigel1963

Nigel1963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used to play in a freeroll, that was asian, so time difference made it early hours of the morning there. About 90% were sat out, so it was just a case of winning the blinds until some one sat at the table! Made some money out of it, shame it was only small $ tourney.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its wrong to get rid of you after 10 minz just because you sit out its annoying happend to me a couple of times i get destracted with something then remember that i reg for torney go to log in and play it and it shows that ive ben booted out the game just plain annoying

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Entraction Network which is Europe based removes any players who have not been active 20 mins into the game. I have seen some freerolls on these sites where the number of players drops by 300 when the game gets to 20 mins.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think it's Ulimate Bet and Absolute that are in the wrong on this one.

If someone's paid to enter a tournament, it's up to them whether they play every hand or sit every hand out.

My thoughts exactly. I've cashed in a few tournaments when I had to go somewhere in which I built up my stack, then just sat out. And there's nothing better than having a sitter to your left/right when you're card dead.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also annoying is you people that post without any punctuation!!!

C'mon, people! Mix in some commas and periods every once in awhile!!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

they only remove sitters in freerolls (and maybe private tourneys, i forget)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This can give you a bit of an advantage, especially if the rest of the table don't realise who the sitters are.

All you have to do is limp or get the active players off their hand and the pot is yours.

This doesn't bother me in the slightest and I use it to my advantage whenever I notice it.

Don't let it bother you dude.

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
y are u moaning ,sitters mean free chips on there bb..go and get them its hard enough gettin chips .y moan at free chips

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well

If someone has paid to enter a tournament, if they want to sit out, their money, their loss. People can actually place and win money by sitting out. If a person can not realize that the 2 blinds in front of them are both sitting out and he folds to them, it is their fault. Not the sitters. I think it would be a good idea to get rid of sitters and stallers. They ruin the game a bit.

Ursala

Ursala

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially when people fold to them and they dont know who is sitting out.

I thank lucky stars when someone doesn't know that someone else is sitting out. It tells me that they are either not paying attention to the game, or they aren't very skilled.

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shouldn't matter. How much time are you really saving if that person wasn't there?? not much i think. Is that sitter going to change your game any? Probably not. At the wsop, if you pay into an event, you are just simply blinded out. Even at the start of the game. A host site should not have final say whether or not to relieve you of your game.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit playing games that you register for that far in advance. I forgot about them. If I did remember them I hated being the only at the table.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i guess

i really have mixed feelings about the boot being given to sitters,,, it helps speed up the tourny (i think) but it's not fair to players who may have got tied up for a few minutes and then got there a little late...
just my thoughts,
take care

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see a problem with sitters, they paid for the seat and slowly but surely they will be eliminated. I like taking their blinds personally...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could care less about people who sit out because they're late or forgot about a tournament. They don't hurt me so I won't gripe about them.

I will gripe about players who seem to chicken out once deep stacked or at the final table. They get on my last nerve. Nothing sucks harder than scrapping your way to the final table, only to bust out before someone who isn't even playing. Someone told me they're scared to play with that big a stack or that deep in a tournament. Well then why are they playing in the first place?

I get that sometimes there's a knock at the door or something, but that doesn't take all that long to take care of. They're just sitting out to the highest place they can take without putting in an effort. It just seems downright cowardly to me.

Maybe if you had to actively fold at least three times every half hour they'd start to play. All that running back and forth might send a message.

C

CromMitra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone think about having to pay the blinds more often then the other tables?....sometimes not an issue but sometimes a very large headache.sitters can go .... themselves as far as i'm concerned.

S

Shafan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the sitters, and the common reason to let them stay in the game and not kicking them out is that most of the sitters just late, and they are late more then 10 mins.

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree - I often turn up late to tournaments and it really bugs me that UB kick me out if I havent been there for first 10 min.

Pros often turn up late to live tournaments, so why cant I turn up late to a $100 freeroll? (lol)

I have cashed in a few tournaments primarily because I've been able to build up my stack by playing clever against the sitters...

imho a good player who knows what is going on can get a huge head-start because of sitters, so I'd rather campaign to allow them on UB, rather than get rid of them on other sites.....

Nothing better than being the only one at a table and constantly clicking raise to steal the blinds (hasnt happenned for quite a while to me unfortunetly!)

Keep the sitters I say!

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a sitngo on PS once where everybody busted out except me and a sitter. It was great, I just raised my way into first place. Too bad for the two players who I knocked out before the sitter. :D.

I played a game a couple of days ago 4 players remained and one was a sitter, I asked the other playes if they wanted to split the sitters BB and they all said no :confused: . I ended up busting out on the bubble. :mad: Maybe they didn't trust me, I don't know. I've done it before everybody takes turns raising when the sitter is on the bb while everybody else folds.

BDDP

BDDP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got no problem with sitters. If they don't show up and the other players are too stu-stu-stupid to recognize it, i'm leveraging it. Also, the other day I had to leave a 7card stud tournament early. There were about 500 entrants, I had to leave with 65 remaining (it wasn't my fault). It paid out to 18th place. I was doing well enough that i hit post blinds and fold and left. I came in 7th place well in the money. Who knows if i wasn't a sitter in that game i may have done more harm than good for myself. :D