re: Poker & Sit-and-Go Poker Senerio:
Let's take a look at the scenario here.
We have KK, second best hand in holdem, blah blah blah.
- If we win the pot, we've effectively won the SNG
- If Player 1 wins the pot, Players 2 and 3 go busto and as they have fewer chips than us, we get 2nd.
- If Player 2 wins the pot, Player 3 goes busto and we're ITM.
- If Player 3 wins the pot and either Player 1 or ourselves win the side pot, player 2 goes busto and we're ITM (whether we're still alive in the tourney or not).
- If Player 3 wins the pot, Player 2 wins the first side pot and we win the second side pot, we have ~2k chips and are still alive, and Player 1 is crippled and down to 1k (would be nice to know the blinds to know how good/bad this is).
- If Player 3 wins the pot, Player 2 wins the first side pot, and Player 1 wins the second side pot, we're busto in 4th.
Really, considering what it takes for us to go busto, coupled with the great hand we have, how can we not call here?