Showing your cards

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely show but have done usually when everyone has folded I've got the goods and have shoved I do this for some respect if I pull the same play when I'm bluffing to maintain balance

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I rarely show my cards, the only time I do is showing a bluff in order to try to catch the player out later on when I have a made hand.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show. I also don't check down and let them see what I had for free. I don't want to give free information for them to have at their disposal to help them study me and put me on a range of hands. I like to keep them guessing.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find myself playing with some players who are terrible. Usually loose passive types who will do something like open for 80 big blinds to pick up 1.5 blinds. Then they show a hand like 84 offsuit.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, people show their cards to give you information, but the next hand is played completely differently.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, I don't see any point in it, I prefer to keep it a secret

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a big fan of showing my cards. Auto muck is always on. The only time I would show a player my cards is if I were heads up in a big tournament. Any mind game is useful heads up. I don't think it's a disadvantage at this stage. It would lead to a big payoff before it would give information. Just don't play a hand the same way and send false information. Some players will show big hands to try to earn respect. I think this hurts them because other players will play that much tighter and have the better hand. It's hard to set up a bluff by doing that.

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important Rule of the poker game: Never show your cards ♦️ never give any information about your range Hand coz if you do could be against yourself in the long terms.

M

MaxP0T

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing bluffs is satisfactory and does not give away info about your range :D

L

lakbarracas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.

I don't like give information to rivals I never show my cards

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to show my cards, in such way you are showing part of your range

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against casual opponents that are trying to have fun I don't think it's necessarily bad to do if it helps promote a relaxed environment but in any serious poker situation I'd say it's ill advised for fairly obvious reasons

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The less information you can give the opponent the better but I guess you can tilt someone if he sees that you have bluffed him and maybe now he will get it all in bad against you.

B

Bruno Ribeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When the villain bluffs and shows the cards, he may be building an image of him on the table. I see no point in folding and showing the cards.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that this is a useless function, there’s no need for any additional information for opponents. Unless you show how cool you are, that you could throw AA on a bad board. but who needs it, if not for himself)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not show them, except in some cases, where the players are familiar, and the situation is loose!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, when I started playing poker I did it sometimes but ,nowadays don´t show my cards.But it is ok to me if other players show their cards because they give important information.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my cards. The exceptions are some big bluffs when i make

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never show my cards. I do not like to give extra information to opponents.

Lethalbetz

Lethalbetz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards when I have strong hands sometimes to make sure the other players know that I am not bluffing. This way they can profile me as a strong player and not a newbie or a rookie.

This way maybe they fold to a big raise ore flop next time shortly thereafter...

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. Also because on pokerstars I don't find it very handy to do so.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I never show my card no matter what
I dont like it
Anyway think if you want to hurt your oponnent in that particular game
maybe its good to show