Show Your Cards to Other Players or Keep Them a Secret?

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always KEEP SECRET, because if you show somebody your cards, he will know what kind of player you are and with which cards you plays the most.
SHOWING is forbidden.

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are times when your investment in the bank does not bring any monetary compensation or useful information about the strength of the enemy's hands. This happens when an opponent bets, and you discard cards to pass.

Before you give the dealer card, the opponent will have to decide whether to show the card to other players or to keep them secret?

It turns out that before the only remaining participant in the hand with a dilemma: "To expose whether to show the winning hand, if in fact there is no need"

I don't show unless its a really good hand I wanna show. only show if they fold to the river tho. I believe in keeping them guessing til then. I never show one pair or 2 pair 3 of a kind unless they make me but high flushs Q+ the nut straight not when I have one car that makes it. I believe no matter what that keeps them scared when they only see you with the best. Hope this helps!!!

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always trying hide my cards and avoid showers)I'd like instant win

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think good idea keep card in yourself, because they can now your Poker style

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i personally dont care if an opponent show me his hand or not.dont consider it ,doesnt affect my game and i prefer not to show hands to other.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my cards. There are times it can work to my advantage. If im at a table where I know there is someone who is a lower skilled player who easily goes on tilt I may show a bluff so they will call me later on when I have it.

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show only if convinced that a strong hand

D

dznootz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live I never show any cards. However, online play when I'm hitting consecutive big hands and have been playing rather aggressive throughout a tournament there come's a time where showing those KK or that set you hit on the flop isn't all that bad of a play. Simply to keep people honest and to not just get involved in hands with you just cause it seems you are bullying the group with your chip stack. Just the opposite as well. Cards falling your way and not enough people playing into you showing that you had nothing can go a long way as well it really is just preference. Live I don't know why I just never feel the need to do so. People play alot more loose online where there's no chance they will be embarassed when those cards turn over.

Vadimka2704

Vadimka2704

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never seen someone showed their cards.I'm with the majority,never show your cards.Many times it was that I played to the end with a weak hand to see the hand of the enemy.Sometimes won.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not show cards nothing. Showing give information for opponents, it's not good

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the game. There are times it can be used to advantage, but every advantage comes with some risk, in this case if you give your opponent too much info it could be its used against you later. But just as easily it can be used to put him on tilt. Strictly a judgement call. But no need to feel obligated to show because someone else is showing either. Play your game not someone else's.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show them only if it was a bluff so they will think im always bluffing,and when i have a good hand i will get called maybe.

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep them in secret! The less information, the better

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, some hands are best kept secret. When I am in a few chips and is in hand to hand, I usually show my hand.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely show any cards myself. Let them figure it out

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will show a bluff on occasion . As the saying goes , it's good for the game !

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am with the majority, I never show my cards. Btw we should setup a poll for this question, I would be curious to know what percentage of people show cards.

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer dont show the cards, sometimes in cardschat tourneys I show the cards

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. I mean when I have successfully bluffed somebody with 72o going all-in on nothing and he folds, I show him what I had. He than loses his mind and believes I am a complete donk. From that moment I switch tactic and once I hit the nut on the flop I go all-in. He now doesn't believe me and will call me with even a high card. So I take everything.

lopez79

lopez79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i never show my cards, and neither should You. If You start shwoing Your cards Your opponents will know what kind of a player You are. It's better not to help them with that. Sometimes You may show Your cards after You bluffed, it will make them angry and probably they will make more mistakes in short time.