Show Your Cards or Muck?

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most pros will tell you to never show. I generally try to stick to that advice but when I'm heads up sometimes I show when trying to mess with my opponent's thought process. I would say the best advice thought is to never show.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No good ever comes from showing your cards.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually show your cards when they win without a showdown?
Poker is a game that keeps you informed of opponents, when you show your cards without needing, do you think of setting a trap? does not care? Or does it work for your game?

Never show. Keep your opponents guessing. This is important for getting paid the next time you have the winning hand. "Oh, he can't have it every time!", is what you want them thinking.

Good luck !

K

Kiritoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. If you have a history with that opponent before, and if he/she goes on tilt, you might want to show him some bluffs just to tilt him. And stack him/her off when they play loose/aggressively.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards on showdown I shows only in the game live with friends after a successful bluff.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck, you don't want your opponents to know as much information about you as they can. Showing what you have will give your opponents valuable information on your playing tendencies.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I ever show a card, it's for a reson, usually for a play I plan to make in the future. Or if I got great hole cards 3 or 4 times in a row, and trying to maintain table respect.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Auto-muck at all of my poker rooms and i think it's the most right way. Many famous pros do recommend not to show cards in their books and there is a good reason for. By doing that, you are giving information about your play from the beginning till the end of that hand. Okay, maybe you could bring those guy, who just lost in tilt by that, but the rest of the table not emotional committed. So all of the players who paid attention could make a note about your game and if you are capable to bluff or how you are playing your good hands. No thanks, i better not give such info for free.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, mostly I do not like to show my hands, but sometimes it is used as a strategy for the other player between the Tilt, I mean when I have a bluff. Often it works, but as I said there are few times. regards

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show a hand.
I will show the hand if I get something like a royal, or maybe if I flop a straight flush or if I feel I need to show a hand to get players thinking in a wrong direction of my play.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you show your cards to your opponents (in any situation) the more they get information about you, so for sure, better never show your cards!

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck! Showing my cards isn’t even an option.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Occasionally I will show in a home game. Normally it will be when I got away with a bluff, but next time, I will make sure I have the goods, because no for sure their going to try to call me out next time.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the most part no. I will live every once in a while if I feel I can put some one on tilt. But otherwise no

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely, but only if I play some pots against the same opponent and they ask to see if they show me first.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck if you haven't considered the pros/cons of showing strength or a bluff.
Although if you have a maniac or a nit on either side of you, there can be benefits to trying to tilt them or establish a solid table image.
You really need to be self aware of your image at the table and conscious of who's actually paying attention, and how they might perceive you.

K

kgilbz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I show one or I will show both if someone's willing to pay for it, at a friendly game of course.

Usually I muck against good players.

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not wrong to do it, many use it as a strategy, you must show up as a bluff, but usually I never show them.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I' m never show my cards, it helps to provide less information about yourself.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
bluffs only

I also will show poor cards after a winning bluff , and even then only against a weak , unaware opponent I think will call me light in the future . I try not to give the good players any info at all !

L

lukefive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer kept it in secrets. Make your opponent in fear and he/she will make more mistakes.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I show is , if I get great cards like 4 times in a row, to keep table respect. is that nutty?

A

ashley8276

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show you cards or muck

I always show my cards when I bluff I just like doing that. maybe I shouldnt