TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has anyone delved into short deck cash games yet? I have played around 500 hands of it so far (down a little over 1 buyin), and it's been extremely fun and action packed. Not a ton of theory content out on it yet, but i'm sure as time goes by, and more people begin playing it, strat content will be released.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only watched on TV. It looks like a lot of fun!

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really would like trying it sometime soon.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had someone stake me in a tourney last night on 64spades. It was my 1st tourney playing short deck and I came in 4th for $64.90. I like it and read about it so I knew what is was. I like it but you need to stay sharp and remember the hand rankings are different!!!:D:D

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tried it yesterday 3 tabling about 1k hands, seems to had more recs than regs ratio & that makes it so much more fun

btw. is it only on stars that straight > trips? when i google it most poker strategy sites list it the other way around

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tried it a couple of times (got 2nd place in a tournament), but didn't really like it, especially when multi-tabling regular Holdem. I guess it would be better if I was only playing 6+, but I get to bored just playing one table and there was only 1 6+ tournament available at the time.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
tried it yesterday 3 tabling about 1k hands, seems to had more recs than regs ratio & that makes it so much more fun

btw. is it only on stars that straight > trips? when i google it most poker strategy sites list it the other way around
On ACR trips beat a straight, and a flush beats a full house. (that is the only place I have played it)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Personally, I do not like these new types of poker. In my opinion, ordinary classic poker is much better.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I played a little but only on conditional chips. Actually, I'm only interested in Hold'em, I don't want to scatter in different games.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good game for winning or losing money quick..............but i do like it ....:)

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best strategy at the moment is play it tight, since there are less cards the possibility of to players have 3 of a cain is bigger.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the poker school forum are some materials about the approach of 6+.

M

msufan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's a newish game, but I am surprised that I can't find a single book about short deck poker on Amazon... anyone got any resources for studying this game?

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
yet someone has spent in cash games with short decks? So far I have played about 500 hands on him (a little more than 1 buyin) and is extremely fun and action. Still no sound theoretical content, but I'm sure with time and more people are starting to play it, the content will go.
What is this game 6+ I have not played in a sense do not know how many players are at the table 6 or more:confused::confused::confused:

M

msufan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is this game 6+ I have not played in a sense do not know how many players are at the table 6 or more:confused::confused::confused:

It means you are playing Texas Hold 'Em with the twos through fives removed from the deck -- thus only the cards 6 and above (6+) are in play. Hence the name.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone delved into short deck cash games yet? I have played around 500 hands of it so far (down a little over 1 buyin), and it's been extremely fun and action packed. Not a ton of theory content out on it yet, but i'm sure as time goes by, and more people begin playing it, strat content will be released.

Short deck is like Omaha, there will always be a lot of action and a lot of danger as well.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TO my mind its more interesting and faster.I tried to play and one time was sure that i have nuts full house, but i lost to flash, it was painful.