Shark or Fish

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On poker stars play chips, I am a shark, one of the biggest sharks in the ocean. :)
I doubt too many players have a bigger play chip bankroll, and recently I won the largest buy-in tournament that Poker Stars offers on the play chip side for us "free" Americans (that's a sick joke that isn't funny, but what else can we do but laugh at our idiot government for taking our freedom away?)

On ACR, I am a fish, I play at the micro level and don't win a lot. I'm not the worst fish on the site, but I'm certainly not having the same success as I have on Poker Stars.

So yes... we can be both a shark and a fish at the same time, it really just depends on who we are playing against, as the previous poster said.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you define whether you are a shark or a fish? Just about whether someone makes a profit or not? Or the style of play? I mean a maniac may play like a fish from the way he plays, but he can still make a profit for a certain period of time. In terms of the style of play, I would call myself a shark. I try to have a tight and aggressive style of play. So far I have remained without any real profit. Maybe I'm still making too many mistakes, maybe the variance in poker is just too great or a mixture of both.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am neither one nor the other. I'm somewhere in the middle. Sometimes you have to act like a fish if there is no good card for a long time.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I am a fish, because I have never won much money at poker.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a scuba diver, I have been close to sharks, but closer to other fish.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a fish trying to learn from sharks

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for 4 years, but I do not consider myself a fish or a shark. Although I have pretty good results and my bankroll is growing every month, I understand that I am actually a beginner. However, I just can't consider myself a fish or a shark.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can rightfully call myself a fish. So you have a good chance to beat me at the tournament tables.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Shark is the best style for me. But you can also go fishing))

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly a shark. When I started playing, I was a fish)
Now I have a bad period in poker, the downstreak has begun. I hope to get out of it with less losses, both in psychology and in money. Peace for everyone!:)

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a cross between a shark and a fish.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we are all fish and we think we are sharks

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a fish. But I'm having fun and that is what matter to me!

K

Kdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am somewhat new to poker and do not have all the terms down. I know this is a stupid question... But what is the exact meaning of each of those terms? Is slow playing a shark? Or is going after it aggressively? What is a fish?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I am no fish or no shark.
I am more of a crazy donkey.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most likely I look like a little shark, I play small tournaments and give him little fish.)))

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I am somewhat new to poker and do not have all the terms down. I know this is a stupid question... But what is the exact meaning of each of those terms? Is slow playing a shark? Or is going after it aggressively? What is a fish?
Fish is someone who is new to the game, or it could be someone who has played a long time but never really learned the 'deeper wisdom' in poker and plays mostly for fun. A shark is hard to beat, someone who has put time and effort to the game, and usually wins in long term.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is quite difficult to answer you specifically, but given my results I think I am a donkey. :D

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give me fish, I have to hear baby shark, mama shark and papa shark here every day.