• Utter nonsense!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I think it's true.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm not sure?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Errr... Cake please! :)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Someone else mentioned this to me recently..!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm looking for the $100 daily pass halp pls, it here?

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ok, I'm pretty shocked about what I just heard but, I didn't shoot the messenger- so please don't you!

I just got off a long WhatsApp chat with a friend of mine who works in the poker industry and she is friends with an ex-major-PokerSite ambassador (I won't say which one) and may or may not have previously worked there herself.

I am being purposely vague, my friend was not! :laugh:

Now, before we get into the gossip, I have been advised by my lawyer* to stipulate that this is hearsay and I myself cannot claim the following to be true:

Apparently, back in the days when this PokerSite were far more generous with their compensation gifts and the suchlike, a person within one of the support teams had been organising people to make accounts and contact support repeatedly until they were connected to him specifically at which point he could fraudulently substantiate their claims and award their account with lavish sweeteners for the 'problems' they'd experienced!

What eventuates is that by the time Sites internal security realise something's amiss, not only had the guy been doing it for many months, he'd already left the company and had managed to syphon serious amounts of money, upwards of seven figures big, as well as his regular salary!

Adding to the intrigue, mystery and Hollywood-esque nature of the tale is that the ring of people involved (who'd been contacting the support worker) was comprised of a group of shady con artists who'd all created accounts using sham addresses, freshly-opened bank accounts and had all evaporated, along with the ex-employee, and all traces of the $$$... :eek:

Now, I know what you're thinking- pretty fantastic story so far, but where are we going?

Well the upshot, according to the undisclosed source, is that PokerSite threw a fit about this, withdrew almost all compensation for a wide variety of complaints and begun tightening all kickbacks and the suchlike to recoup the losses..!

*gasp* :eek:

Now, I know what I think about all this, so I'm really only interested in what you all do!

I'm going to make a poll with a few options, but feel free to elaborate on your vote in your reply if you wish.

Also, have you heard any crazy poker rumours? If you're willing to share one you've heard I'd love to hear them! :biggrin:

Perhaps no specifics? :laugh:

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine that, the 'me first-ers' of the world ruining things for everyone else.

I've heard the cards are not random on (enter site here).

Disclaimer: I'm not sure I trust my sources but they all seemed so sure!

I don't really want the password, but I voted for it nonetheless. :D

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like make believe to me

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are always going to try and cheat the system to get money, money controls a lot of people.
And there willing to do what ever it takes and when it comes to online poker , most of the time there’s no real consequence,

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I'm looking for the $100 daily pass halp pls, it here?"

LMAO!

It wouldnt surprise me if this were true. It wouldnt surprise me if it were poker stars.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mmmm,,,,,cake! :eating:

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't put it past someone. Seems like a shootable angle.

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like reality to me. For some people money is the only thing and there not about to let values get in the way, everything is business or they just don't care. Me, myself and I. Toxic

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Anyone who has bothered to pay attention to the online poker industry since inception would find this believable.

Over forty poker sites have failed and several exposed as being little more than scams. When Full Tilt was closed down it was found the principles had bilked 450 million dollars out of the company whilst owing players a reported 300 million dollars.

Is anyone pretending the accounting at the majority of these companies was other than suspect?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not unlikely this to be true. gambling business had always attracted cheaters and people willing to win easy money in every possible way so such story is definitely possible.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We're starting to see some statistical shapes forming in the poll now, fascinating!

Most people are fixated on cake and $100 daily pw's but true currently beating false 2:1..

Anyone else heard any interesting or out-there poker rumours?

Chris Ferguson might be an alien in a human suit... :eek:

laifstaile

laifstaile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super user was also myth we someone told it...
later....darn it is true and one site went down

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever there is involvement of Huge money then it is going to attract a lot of ways to get it either by ethical ways or by Unethical ways.
It is true for every industry like Capital market, Gaming Industry etc.

Whether the melon falls on the knife or the knife falls on the melon, it's the melon that suffers."