Read the fine print at PokerGo

C

Colette

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most people I did not read the fine print on PokerGo. I was going to let my subscription expire so did not put in my new CC info. BUT, they called my CC company got my new card number and charged me for the year, without my permission. I found this out by talking to my CC company. Again, my bad for not reading the TOS (I think they count on this). When I chatted with PGo they denied it, that was madding becuz I knew they did it! So, I am trying to let people know this could happen to you. :tomato::fight: :pcguru:

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you were very precise in what you have asserted. Still, it got me thinking and it seems to me when I chose not to renew my subscription at Poker Go after the first year I took the time to log in and turn off the auto-renewal. I didn't want there to be any room for misinterpretation. That worked.

I do remember having this issue with a different site and subscription years ago that I had honestly forgotten about, so I know it can happen. It was only two or three dollars so I didn't pursue it with my credit card company. I'm surprised they wouldn't work with you to resolve the issue. If it truly was an expired card, though, you may be able to work with your credit card company.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Like most people I did not read the fine print on PokerGo. I was going to let my subscription expire so did not put in my new CC info. BUT, they called my CC company got my new card number and charged me for the year, without my permission. I found this out by talking to my CC company. Again, my bad for not reading the TOS (I think they count on this). When I chatted with PGo they denied it, that was madding becuz I knew they did it! So, I am trying to let people know this could happen to you. :tomato::fight: :pcguru:

I know you were very precise in what you have asserted. Still, it got me thinking and it seems to me when I chose not to renew my subscription at Poker Go after the first year I took the time to log in and turn off the auto-renewal. I didn't want there to be any room for misinterpretation. That worked.

I do remember having this issue with a different site and subscription years ago that I had honestly forgotten about, so I know it can happen. It was only two or three dollars so I didn't pursue it with my credit card company. I'm surprised they wouldn't work with you to resolve the issue. If it truly was an expired card, though, you may be able to work with your credit card company.

Awhile back, pokerGO didn't have an option/ feature where you could turn off auto-renewal. At the time the only way to cancel your subscription was to notify them via email that you wanted to cancel. In more recent times they've changed this and made it much easier to cancel your subscription. I know this as I've signed up and then cancelled 5x now.

The only way I could see getting charged for a full year is if a person were to take advantage of one of the offers they have where you can pay less if you subscribe for a full year (they had one just recently).

I think the title of this thread is misleading!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's not a scam or even a semi-scam if something is in a company's TOS and you failed to read it. That's the risk we take by ticking the box without reading. (Changed the thread title.)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you do not see the option to take a credit card info off their records, simply contact them by email. I'm pretty sure that's what I had to do to discontinue a subscription.

If my Credit Card company is speaking with or communicating with other businesses and handing out your information, I'd be switching companies.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not a credit card company on earth who will even speak to a 3rd party regarding your account.

You had auto-renewal on the account and when the charge went through to the credit card you had on file your credit card company paid it.

I worked for a credit card company for 11 years.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for letting us know. I was planning to register for it.

C

Colette

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OOOpps!

Sorry for my poor choice of words and Thank you, Tammy, for correcting my title.

Debi - My CC company admitted to me via phone that they had this policy with PG. (as stated in original post)

Shells - Great Idea...thanks

As to auto-renewal (on/off) I did not and still do not have that option on my account at Poker Go. I have talked with them, via phone, and as of July 2020 I will be cancelled. Hopefully!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
pokerGO offered a free month during this coronavirus social distancing time.
I've been trying to Opt-out of renewal but I can't even bring up the Login window on the site now for the past couple weeks so I'm unable to unsubscribe.. pfff.

My last subscription to pokerGo - had it for 5mos. and watched it only once :( Had intentions of getting it again for wsop but seeing as that's not happening (or anything else either) there's no point. Now if I could just figure out how to unsubscribe :(