Screen Recording

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to screen capture players I think are good and see how they play hands and see if they are good or if they can just afford to buy in to an MTT 50x and then hopefully get the lucky slot machine tables that you can do no wrong on. The trouble is I rarely watch the videos but if I see people on my twitter line posting big wins chances are im railing them sometime in the future

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to screen capture players I think are good and see how they play hands and see if they are good or if they can just afford to buy in to an MTT 50x and then hopefully get the lucky slot machine tables that you can do no wrong on. The trouble is I rarely watch the videos but if I see people on my twitter line posting big wins chances are im railing them sometime in the future

I'm confused by this post... "I like to screen capture players I think are good and see how they play hands" So you pick random players at a random table and just record them.... and only watch their hands that make it to showdown? Reason that would be the case is if it's not you, you won't be able to see the cards they are playing unless it goes to showdown. "and see if they are good or if they can just afford to buy in to an MTT 50x and then hopefully get the lucky slot machine tables that you can do no wrong on." What does hopefully get the lucky slot machine tables that you can do no wrong on mean? "The trouble is I rarely watch the videos but if I see people on my twitter line posting big wins chances are im railing them sometime in the future" So you go through all the trouble of recording these players and you don't even watch the videos most of the time? What's the point then?

Also what does this have anything to do with my Original post? I'm trying to find the best screen recording software for studying MY sessions

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ZD SOFT -- screen recorder I use. Id stay away from the expensive stuff like camtasia - and yea if I deem a player good or Im interested to see how he is FT;ing like 4 big events in a day, i get interested and jsut need to see if the player i really good or just really lucky guy that can afford a lot of buyin, the recordings will help you a lot. For your own game, just get PT4 or HM and use that to replay your game or that Drive Hud thing - why do you want to watch a video when the trackers have the whole hand for you

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually recording and keeping in locally is very heavy for hard drive space. Record it with twitch or youtube, make it private. And it will store in the cloud!!

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ZD SOFT -- screen recorder I use. Id stay away from the expensive stuff like camtasia - and yea if I deem a player good or Im interested to see how he is FT;ing like 4 big events in a day, i get interested and jsut need to see if the player i really good or just really lucky guy that can afford a lot of buyin, the recordings will help you a lot. For your own game, just get PT4 or HM and use that to replay your game or that Drive Hud thing - why do you want to watch a video when the trackers have the whole hand for you

I gotcha so you just watch players to see if they are playing good or buying their way to the money? If so you can just go to sharkscope and see how many buy ins the player has... Poker tracker and holdem manager don't do much for me because I play on Anonymous tables.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this so far through my experience the only thing I don't like is when I play on movie player it takes like 45min to an hour for a session to download so I can view it... Is there a better option to watch the recording? one that doesn't have as long of a downloading time.

Not sure what you mean by having to download? You can just record it to your local storage and play it back instantly, also OBS have a preview screen to see what you are recording and you can change it on the fly, lookup a few youtube tutorials on OBS

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with this so far through my experience the only thing I don't like is when I play on movie player it takes like 45min to an hour for a session to download so I can view it... Is there a better option to watch the recording? one that doesn't have as long of a downloading time.
Which file format are you using when recording? When I used ".mp4" it would take forever to load into WindowsMovieMaker (the program I used to edit), but I started using the ".mkv" and it would load almost instantly.
Is that what you meant by downloading to movie player?

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for this guys, I was looking for advice regarding this as well

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Camstudio is the best App to record screen . It’s free , easy to use , very simple .The video recorded will be on a folder that u choose, and video format will be in avi or swf ( your choice, avi is the best ) .

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which file format are you using when recording? When I used ".mp4" it would take forever to load into WindowsMovieMaker (the program I used to edit), but I started using the ".mkv" and it would load almost instantly.
Is that what you meant by downloading to movie player?

Yes, after I saved the file on my desktop and I didn't save as "mp4" I saved as the recommended setting. When I tried to open in "WindowsMovieMaker" and only reason I was opening here was it was the choice it gave me when I double clicked to open my saved file. If the session is short it downloads on WindowsMovieMaker quickly but if it's a longer session as most of them are it takes hours to download so I can begin editing...

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Camstudio is the best app to record screen . It’s free , easy to use , very simple .The video recorded will be on a folder that u choose, and video format will be in avi or swf ( your choice, avi is the best ) .

I'll check it out. That is really all I care about.. Easy to use and does the job correctly. I'd like the recording to be clear too. Thanks for the post.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, after I saved the file on my desktop and I didn't save as "mp4" I saved as the recommended setting. When I tried to open in "WindowsMovieMaker" and only reason I was opening here was it was the choice it gave me when I double clicked to open my saved file. If the session is short it downloads on WindowsMovieMaker quickly but if it's a longer session as most of them are it takes hours to download so I can begin editing...

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this again I've been pretty busy..Yeah unfortunately the only thing I know to try different file formats and see if they load faster into WMM. When I used ".mp4" it would take forever, but with ".mkv" it was almost instant. Then saving the move at the end (encoding) will always take a while, but is also dependent on your CPU.

I guess I kind of already said all this, but hopefully it helps.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this again I've been pretty busy..Yeah unfortunately the only thing I know to try different file formats and see if they load faster into WMM. When I used ".mp4" it would take forever, but with ".mkv" it was almost instant. Then saving the move at the end (encoding) will always take a while, but is also dependent on your CPU.

I guess I kind of already said all this, but hopefully it helps.

I figured it out. Thank you.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always liked OBS. Even before I use to stream I would use OBS to record and save locally to my pc. There are sooooo many options out there its just a matter of finding one that suits your specific needs and using that. Good luck in your search!

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always liked OBS. Even before I use to stream I would use OBS to record and save locally to my pc. There are sooooo many options out there its just a matter of finding one that suits your specific needs and using that. Good luck in your search!

Thank you! OBS has been good for me so far. My next quest is watching tons of you tube videos to figure out everything there is to know about it. Seems to be a lot of features I don't understand yet.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear ya there is sooo much to learn with OBS. I have recently switched to the new "Streamlabs OBS" version. It really helps stream line all the Streamlabs features one uses when streaming. Also I've noticed it uses a bit less resources than the regular OBS software. Basically its the same thing as OBS but optimized to be used with Streamlabs.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear ya there is sooo much to learn with OBS. I have recently switched to the new "Streamlabs OBS" version. It really helps stream line all the Streamlabs features one uses when streaming. Also I've noticed it uses a bit less resources than the regular OBS software. Basically its the same thing as OBS but optimized to be used with Streamlabs.

Hmm I'll look into that. interesting. Thanks.