Satellite tournaments

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I've recently been trying my hand at the Venom satellites on BCP, which start with a freeroll. I think they're a great way to save some money on entry fees. :)

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I don't like the involvement necessary to move on.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play satellites if there are any to enter the tournament I want to play in.I think the $7.50 one with 36 players and the first place is entry to the Sunday Million is a good one.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game yes, and a totally different way to play than a normal mtt

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, of course, when I want to play a tournament that the entry is relatively high, it helps me avoid the risk of investing everything out of my pocket, and if I win the tournament or I'm ITM I will have a bigger profit than I would if I put all the money in my pocket

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes try to get entry into the Sunday storm while playing satellites for 0.33 cents.
they give 2 or 3 entries there and I failed several times when the victory was already close

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play games, just big tournaments

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course. This is a good opportunity to get a ticket to an expensive tournament.

Ricardo007

Ricardo007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I threw in one today competing for a $ 11 ticket $ 200,000 needed to be 1 more by chance I was eliminated in 4th

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play. This is a good cheap way to get a ticket to a good tournament.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to participate in satellites. But a satellite in poker is the best option at the initial stage for people with a minimum bankroll.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play from time to time, especially when I want to play a particular tournament, if I win on the satellite I avoid paying the full ticket to the tournament and I think it helps me practice for important tournaments

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Participation in satellites allows for a few dollars to get in a major tournament with serious players and big prize pools. Win a tournament or even get to the final table impossible for a non-professionalб but there is the opportunity to play with the pros and test your level of play.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, its is a great way to save money (and play high MTT's) even more so because in this format the players they play more loose

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play Satellites ? :D

Not too often but I do try the Venom freerolls. Only made it to Step 3 so far but they are fun.

Satellites play different than a regular tourney so if you can't fold AA preflop in certain situations you may want to avoid them. That being said most people have no clue about ICM so that makes them pretty easy. Just have to run good early on and then sit on your nest.

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should definitely be playing some satellites, they are great to get in a lot cheaper (saving you some money), just be aware that they play differently and you dont play "to win it" (finish in first). GL!

Poker Tells