V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
While playing at poker stars, I have encounterd playersthat are rude and righting foul messeges.
you coufrount them about their swearing habits and they tell
you to F off. Playing in a game with a rude player is not enjoyable,
how does a player go about dealing with this problem?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The silence is always the best answer to those who wait for our imbalance, because this is how we neutralize all the evil that surrounds us. This is the part of the maturity process. Generally this type of behavior comes from people with less life experience.

5turnZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dealing With A-Holes

Unfortunately, these bitter players have forgotten the #1 rule: HAVE FUN!

Sitting at a table, whether live or online, it's actually quite rare to have a talkative, bubbly, comfortable people sitting next to you. However, yes, it's much worse when players are disrespectful and demeaning both before and after hands (even during hands). There are a few approaches in resolving such immaturity:
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
1) If you would like an immediate fix, you can go the Gameplay Settings and block those individuals from your Chat Box, thus no longer seeing their profanity/rude talk. This can be done for individual players or the entire table, depending on you.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
2) The use of profanity is not only a breach of etiquette, but also prohibited from almost all tables (live and online). If this is a consistent problem involving the specific people, please inform the site administrator and provide he/she if frequent evidence is obtainable (screenshots, etc.). That way, players can be held accountable/possibly removed from the site.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Inappropriate behavior at live tables, you'd get kicked out! I'm sure it works similar ways online.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice response 5turnZ - it about sums it up.

The only thing else to do is bust them out :p

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tell them that you love them.

in a non sarcastic way.

guaranteed that they will feel better about themselves.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, I've been wished brain cancer (or cancer in general) by three different players yesterday. And that's just on PC. On mobile I have the chat disabled.

If anyone is too sensitive, they have the option of blocking the chat from a person or the whole chat altogether.

I was in a CC freeroll a few days ago and while in HfF mode, we had a lot of time to talk. Someone, annoyed by me obviously told me to shut up in a not-so-polite manner. I didn't block him, but I told him he had this option.

It's so simple. A real non-problem the rudeness of players in online poker.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not mention it!

Why is it distracting you, or should it be distracting ???

You can disable the chat, for example!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off the chat. And the problem is no more.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just do not pay attention, or denounce them, block them, or the best you can do is beat them and take their chips.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are so right!I block chat messages to those playersgood luck at tables!!!

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you block chat o this individual "rude" player you will never know how this guy feeling! :D i really enjoy reading rude message, thats mean your opp have a problem or something wrong in his mind. IMAO

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i am and proud of it.....

sorry what was i accused of???

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if what you mentioned happens in cc games, print screen the image of the offensive talk and send it to a moderator, that the person with inappropriate and inelegant behavior will be punished, cc games are great so here we have rules and we do not accept this type of deviant behavior. Now, regarding other non-cc games, try to focus only on the game, pretend that you speak another language and do not understand anything that is being spoken, send an answer in a very strange language that the offender will definitely stop

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn chat off or based on the player there are many ways to turn their rudeness back on them. For example, if you have a rude know it all then chat back to him something completely wrong about the play with a lol as if he knows nothing. This sends know it all's on monkey tilt. Figure out why they are being rude and exploit it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can ignore them, you can block their chat, you can put a posty note on your screen covering their chat, you can turn them in, or you can just play on a different table.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn off the chat is the best or just ignore it. You could report it also, but usually its best to block the player doing the bad mouthing. Don't get into arguments thats for sure, instead challenge to a duel. :fight:

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turning off the chat i 1 option but then you miss out on the decent players that want to socialize. Another option would be to join the CC freeroll club where the CC code forbids that type of thing. Sometimes I just happen to be in the mood to give it rite back to them. Words don't bother me but I sure can get under their skin fast, then they tilt and are gone in no time. If you know they are just trash talking don't let it bother you, play your game, take them out and teach them to pay attention to the card not the chat!:D:D

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player being rude to you should npt bother you. Infact you should enjoy it because it meana you're doing something right. They are only words, they can't hurt you if you dont let them. I often think its funny when people talk to me like that. I think dealing with a rude player in a live game is different though.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with everything written above. But I also want to add. Ignoring coarseness from another player, you not only create benefit for yourself, but also help the ruffian to pay off his impulse of hatred. So just hide the chat window and focus on the game. I personally do it this way)

K

Kargenou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's so easy. Ignore them. And never ever don't reply them. Soon or even ealier they will finish the game and you will never see them ;p. Most of poker players are kind :).

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
my chat is always on, I like to read the replica of the players sometimes I write myself. this does not cause me negative emotions

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly love it, seeing people lose it, makes my day. It’s like watching Phil Helmuth lose it, pure entertainment! when you see that, it usually means they are tilted, and you can get more money out of them. Use it to your advantage!

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing at poker stars, I have encounterd playersthat are rude and righting foul messeges.
you coufrount them about their swearing habits and they tell
you to F off. Playing in a game with a rude player is not enjoyable,
how does a player go about dealing with this problem?
If you are seriously being distracted by a player’s rudeness, then you have some serious issues in your game play.

As so many here have explained that the simplest option is to put them on chat block for immediate resolution and also to report them to the sites admins.

But seriously, it all it takes is for someone to say something foul while you are at the table, then I would love to have a game of heads Up with you lol.

Like in life, you have the same options of ignoring people you do not get along with.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes they are strategies, of the players to get your attention or make you lose concentration, if you are one of the players that are waiting for the chat in the lobby of a poker table you will not be successful in a tournament, not answering and ignoring is the better option, and if the insults are strong you have the option to call the moderator so that there is some sanction to that player who insults