Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forget this!.:deal: ..and forget that! and shut up and listen. you want to know if your site is rigged people?......IT'S NOT RIGGED!!!! first of all (1)sites make their money on pot rakes (they don't care who wins!) ok? clear? (2) it's a computer program with something called algorythms lets not forget that, so yes its all predetermind (3) some sites (i.e.stars, tilt) do have their algorythms set for big hands & flops to encourage betting and speed up the game. so you could say it's slightly rigged...but not to single you out.(nobodys out to get you). (4) Now get ready cause this will shut everyone up for ever! Get out of your chair...and let go of the mouse for ten minutes. crack a beer and grab a deck of cards. shuffle them good....ready? DEAL THE DAMN CARDS! look at what happens before your eyes (play all nine no matter how weak) wow look!...it's amazing bad beats and suckouts all over the damn place! within the first 3 hands it will look more rigged than any pokersite you ever played. so once and for all knock it of with the rigged debate please my head will explode already. and if your to lazy to do that then watch the wsop and see grown men beat so bad they need therapy.:eek:

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plagerized this from some site.

pokerstars is the only poker site that has their software
checked by an independent third-party company,
which has verified that PokerStars' site is
legitimate. Cigital, the company that validates
PokerStars' software, knows what they are doing
because they were the company that cracked
Planet Poker's dealing algorithm in the early days
of online poker. So the fact that they have certified PokerStars
means a lot.:):):)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude, this was supposed to be in your blog.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(3) some sites (i.e.stars, tilt) do have their algorythms set for big hands & flops to encourage betting and speed up the game. so you could say it's slightly rigged...

So basically, it's not rigged, and it is rigged. Thanks for clearing that up for us :(

blog address?

North_Bank

North_Bank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some sites (i.e.stars, tilt) do have their algorythms set for big hands & flops to encourage betting and speed up the game

If this is true then this would count in my book as cheating, I wouldnt care that it doesn't single me out, but it would put me at a disadvantage because what you're potentially saying is that my aces are going to get cracked by a big flop that someone may have called my raise with 10 K, but on the side of it, I don't play recklesslely enough to play bad cards to getr lucky, so in a way it affects me more than others.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To continue.....

Cigital has announced that it has confirmed the reliability and security of the random number generator (RNG) that PokerStars uses to shuffle cards on its pokerstars.com online poker site.
Cigital analyzed the source code, entropy sources and documentation for PokerStars' RNG implementation. In addition, a sample RNG output stream provided by PokerStars was subjected to - and passed - FIPS 140-1 testing. Using standard methods for exploiting RNGs and having full access to the source code, Cigital was unable to break the PokerStars RNG. Cigital found that the PokerStars implementation adheres to the current state-of-the-practice in generating random seeding values.
"Software that can generate reliable random numbers is an absolute requirement in the gaming industry," said Gary McGraw, Chief Technology Officer at Cigital. "Our analysis included extensive examination of the underlying algorithm for random number generation. We can state with confidence that use of the PokerStars RNG results in statistically random sequences used to generate the poker hands dealt on PokerStars.com. This, in turn, should provide a safe and fair gaming environment for the site's players."
"Cigital's reputation for excellence is well known in the gaming industry," said Dan Goldman, Vice President of Marketing at PokerStars. "Their previous discovery of critical RNG implementation weakness at a major online poker site made our decision to work with Cigital an easy one. Their considerable technical expertise and thorough approach to software reliability and security have established them as a trusted third-party evaluator."
Cigital -- The Software Quality Company
glossary
Entropy: a measure of a system's disorder or randomness.
FIPS 140-1: a U.S. government standard for implementations of cryptographic modules, that is, hardware or software that encrypts and decrypts data or performs other cryptographic operations. FIPS 140-1 specifies security requirements that are to be satisfied by a cryptographic module used within a security system protecting information within computer systems.
Marsaglia Die Hard Tests: a stringent battery of tests for random number generators, developed by George Marsaglia, Professor Emeritus, Florida State University (who also developed a variety of widely-used RNGs).
Random Number Generator (RNG): a system, device or module that creates a sequence of apparently unrelated numbers.
content_bttm.gif

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(3) some sites (i.e.stars, tilt) do have their algorythms set for big hands & flops to encourage betting and speed up the game. so you could say it's slightly rigged...but not to single you out.(nobodys out to get you).

This is utter rubbish, and youve completley contradicted yourself in saying this. Show me some hard evidence of this or ill just assume you havent the foggiest on what your talking about.

And as MrMuckets pointed out PS have their software audited, so unless that company isALSO in on the rigging (which would completley undermine the whole point of having said company..) PS's software has been proven to be fair.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laugh at the contradiction. Honestly, I hadn't bothered reading the OP

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forget this!.:deal: ..and forget that! and shut up and listen. you want to know if your site is rigged people?......IT'S NOT RIGGED!!!! first of all (1)sites make their money on pot rakes (they don't care who wins!) ok? clear? (2) it's a computer program with something called algorythms lets not forget that, so yes its all predetermind (3) some sites (i.e.stars, tilt) do have their algorythms set for big hands & flops to encourage betting and speed up the game. so you could say it's slightly rigged...but not to single you out.(nobodys out to get you). (4) Now get ready cause this will shut everyone up for ever! Get out of your chair...and let go of the mouse for ten minutes. crack a beer and grab a deck of cards. shuffle them good....ready? DEAL THE DAMN CARDS! look at what happens before your eyes (play all nine no matter how weak) wow look!...it's amazing bad beats and suckouts all over the damn place! within the first 3 hands it will look more rigged than any pokersite you ever played. so once and for all knock it of with the rigged debate please my head will explode already. and if your to lazy to do that then watch the WSOP and see grown men beat so bad they need therapy.:eek:

to borrow from Zorba:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thefinger ROFPMSL :thefinger:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not rigged?

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice signature and avatar, KC.:D:D:D

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(3) some sites (i.e.stars, tilt) do have their algorythms set for big hands & flops to encourage betting and speed up the game. ..

I would call this rigged, and I wouldn't play on the site if it was true.

I would bet it's not true, though.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
to borrow from Zorba:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thefinger ROFPMSL :thefinger:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
LOL, @ it's not rigged but it is rigged
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thefinger ROFPMSL :thefinger:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: again.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, it's not rigged, and anybody who thinks so is an idiot. THEN, it's sorta rigged, but that's OK, 'cause it's not really rigged.

Isn't that just a leetle like the Pacific being sorta wet? Or being sorta pregnant?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In one hand you say one thing, and yet on the other hand you say another thing which one do we go with, the "sligthy rigged" concept, or the "shut up and it's not rigged"! Wether or not it's rigged, If it is don't play on it, and if it isn't then play, the choice is up to you in the end, that's what doesn't make no sense if u feel the site is corupt in anyway then don't play on it, would make perfect sense don't u think? No body forced you to do anything you choose to play on it, and when you start losing, start complaining it's rigged it's this bs site, it's this shit and that shit, come on grow up, no-body ever forced you to join, deposit and play
you did that on your own

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still say online poker is rigged.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm glad that I know that poker is not rigged but rigged a little, that definitely makes me feel better, first you say its not rigged with caps which is like thinking its 100% not rigged then you comeback and contradict yourself, so which is it? rigged or not rigged?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still say online poker is rigged.

Me 2 I have GIGANTIC databases from my many years of cash game 100 tabling. I can show you percentages, odds, flops, turns rivers. I can even show you videos of the online dealer dealing from the bottom of the deck and the guy to his right pulling an ace from his sleeve !

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly, Enty. I can tell you that I've lost with AA to a crap hand like 93o over a 10K times! And I've only won maybe 200 times. Its so rigged.

BTW, I love the whole concept of it not being rigged, but its a sorta rigged. Thats just gold right there.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, I love the whole concept of it not being rigged, but its a sorta rigged. Thats just gold right there.

Yeah, but that's only at the small fly-by-night sites like PS and FTP.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ i LOL'ed :rofl:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is utter rubbish, and youve completley contradicted yourself in saying this. Show me some hard evidence of this or ill just assume you havent the foggiest on what your talking about.

And as MrMuckets pointed out PokerStars have their software audited, so unless that company isALSO in on the rigging (which would completley undermine the whole point of having said company..) PS's software has been proven to be fair.

Hear, hear. Total rubbish, the OP obviously has no idea what he's talking about. Their RNG is just that, random (for all practical purposes). If you predetermine "big hands" then by definition you are not random at all.

Joe Slick

Joe Slick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need some advice. Should I include this thread in my "Entertaining" or "Bizarre" folder? From where I sit it's a tough call. :D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bizarrely Entertaining FTW!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards