Returning to online poker

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks. It has been a few weeks since I checked in. I retired from 35 years of working for Uncle Sugar's Department of Defense and finally have some time, and a few American poker sites, to play again.

I just deposited at Full Flush through CC and plan on working my way into good play again.

Any tips for getting back in or general information on how things may have changed is greatly appreciated!

Miss you guys and hope to get reacquainted.

Joe

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I looked at the instructions for U.S. player to be able to play at PS. I thought that "hide my ass" was a free service but they are charging a monthly fee now and I really can't get in to that right now.

Do you guys play any where else?

thanks

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I looked at the instructions for U.S. player to be able to play at PS. I thought that "hide my ass" was a free service but they are charging a monthly fee now and I really can't get in to that right now.

Do you guys play any where else?

thanks

I wouldn't even attempt to try to play for real money games at pokerstars being in the US. It's just a bad idea. The good news is, we set up our special events as play money home games, and pay the prizes ourselves, so US can play.

Otherwise, take a look at our US Poker Sites.

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Joe,

there is Carbon, black chip poker,america's card room that you americans can play on and that CC has freerolls on.

There is also bovada, but CC doesn't have a freeroll there no more.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also Joe too and i'm returning also! =-D

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't even attempt to try to play for real money games at PokerStars being in the US. It's just a bad idea. The good news is, we set up our special events as play money home games, and pay the prizes ourselves, so US can play.

Otherwise, take a look at our US Poker Sites.

What a smart thing to do! Sure is nice to help out all us "Yanks" :)

I better get back on it then.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Joe, and welcome. I'm still new here, with only about 6 months behind me, but I sure have learned a lot here. I just started throwing out the questions and everybody here answered. And I continue doing that. Right now I'm asking about pot odds. Kind of funny when you been playing online for 12 years and don't know about pot odds. Well good luck with your come back to poker online. I've always liked Full Flush. But it's getting tough to win MTTs because the site is really growing.

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Joe! Good decision to come back. Things have changed in last years. My tip is to focus on Bankrollmanagement and player analysis.
Whats your first impression of Full Flush? is it only for us players?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Joe! Good decision to come back. Things have changed in last years. My tip is to focus on Bankrollmanagement and player analysis.
Whats your first impression of Full Flush? is it only for us players?
No, it's not just for US. :) If you sign up with our link, you can play in our Monday freerolls there.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just started back online poker as well, after a several years off break. I've been back on for around six weeks now and it seems like I'm only now hitting a stride. At first I just played ABC poker at he smallest limits, waiting for hands and making sure to get paid off.

This weekend was the first weekend where I was getting back the feel for what my opponents cards are, which is making a big difference in being able to loosen up my play.

I'm a US player also and have really been liking the site Full Flush. Not as many players there, but really soft games to beat.

Good Luck!