Relocating To Mexico Questions
Would like advice to those who relocated to mexico
from the usa. I had relocated to canada
so i could have access to poker sites
that i could not play in the usa. As many of you in canada know, skrill
no longer allowed gambling transactions for canadians anymore and this was huge news. Skrill you could deposit/withdraw money and most importantly move money around sites very fast. I left canada because i need to have the use of skrill.
Can someone who relocated to mexico give me some advice and can answer some of my questions? So far it seems like rosarito and playa del carmen is what my 2 options are but not sure which one to go with. I know playa del carmen is more expensive from what i read. I also want to mention that i paid around 1000/month for a studio apt in canada and it was furnished and included everything. I read that in mexico its much cheaper.
1. Bank Accounts. I need to have a bank account thats USD in mexico. I had created a bank account both usd and cad in canada... cad for living expenses and usd for gambling transactions, had zero issues with it. From what i read, you have to have a lease or utility bill in your name correct? Also is it true that in playa del carmen, you cannot create a usd bank account? I read some ppl mention they could only get a peso account but there were some ppl that said you could get a usd acct but you need 15k minimum balance. Is that true/false? Having USD account is very important for me in mexico as i need to move funds with skrill and dont want to pay lot of conversion fees if my bank acct was in peso. I also read santander and bancomer are the top 2 banks. I have heard that for rosarito, theres no minimum amount to open a usd acct and u just need the passport, lease, visa
2. Rentals. In canada, i could actually get month to month place pretty easily. Many places do 3 month or even 1 month and u could extend etc. I want to get a 3 month lease at the most and then decide from there. How much does it cost to rent a studio or 1 bedroom? From my research, rosarito there are very few 1 bedroom and close to almost no studio apt and its almost all 2 bedrooms. Is that true? However, playa del carmen there seems to be studio and 1 bedrooms? Would i be able to get something like i did in canada where its studio or 1 bedroom for 1000 or under and it short term and furnished? Im also well aware that utilities arent going to be included. Also high season is now in rosarito but not in playa del carmen? I know many ppl rent 2 bedrooms and share it with a roommate and do 6 month or 1 year lease and thus pay very little for it due to long term but since i dont know anyone and dont know if i will stay that long, thats why i want to do max 3 month lease for now.
3. Which of the 2 places is more safe? Seems like rosarito beach is a beach with retirees and nothign much to do but its kind of deserted so probably its not that good. Playa del carmen seems to be very touristy so im thinknig that area is much better? I seen pictures of 5th avenue online of playa del carmen.
4. Isn't playa del carmen more walkable than rosarito beach if you want to go buy groceries, shopping etc? Because from what i read, rosarito beach, u need a car or take a cab everytime u go places even if you buying groceries whereas in playa... you could walk there? In canada, i always walked as supermarkets were very close by.
5. Anyone have any realtors i can contact?
Im looking to head to mexico around early august. Thank you.