To reload or not to reload

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kind of in a dilemma right now, I vowed to myself that I wouldn't deposit again for at least a few months but I saw that it is the 12th anniversary of The Sunday Million and the 1st place prize is over $1,000,000.

It's not really that which is tempting me, it's the satellites. In the past I have done well in them and even won one to mini Sunday million a few weeks ago which was quite easy.

Now I am seeing all of these SATs for the 12th anniversary Sunday million for like $1 etc. I am thinking of depositing $10 and playing only SATs for it.

What do you think I should do?

The prizes in the Sunday million are generous and like 80% gets paid I think, just by looking at the tournament info. :D

I need a bit of help with this dilemma, thanks! :confused:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go for it!! :trytofly: You only live once,,,gotta take a chance once in awhile.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go for it!! :trytofly: You only live once,,,gotta take a chance once in awhile.
I should mention though that every satellite only has 1 seat.

I still kinda want to though. :D

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you can afford it go for it, but check out the structure first, need plenty of time if you're going to do well and the payouts aren't as generous as they look there will be 2997 places played whether 3000 or 24999 register for the game. There are up to 3 rebuys allowed so if you can try to sattie in multiple times.

4250dced07c00cb8d536f6ae62a231cc.png

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can afford it go for it, but check out the structure first, need plenty of time if you're going to do well and the payouts aren't as generous as they look there will be 2997 places played whether 3000 or 24999 register for the game. There are up to 3 rebuys allowed so if you can try to sattie in multiple times.

4250dced07c00cb8d536f6ae62a231cc.png
This is very interesting, thank you for the reply.

I'm on mobile so I didn't know about the prizes being the same.

I'm still going to think about it but I'm leaning towards not depositing, I think you just saved me $10. :D

Thanks scokyl!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Exactly this ^

If 80% get paid, only 3747 entered - which means PS has collected <806K (they would be losing $9.2M (!)).

There are already 3144 entered and the game starts in five days.

The payout for massive MTT's is rarely more than 20%.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly this ^

If 80% get paid, only 3747 entered - which means PS has collected <806K (they would be losing $9.2M (!)).

There are already 3144 entered and the game starts in five days.

The payout for massive MTT's is rarely more than 20%.
Yea I don't know I was thinking, really wasn't lol.

Just worked it out, I think it's around 16% get paid give or take depending on how many enters. :D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a good tournament, I think it's worth taking part in it !!!

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say go for it, as I myself am currently trying to satty into it. I’ll be playing mostly 2x shootouts for $7.50 w/ 1seat.If you do decide to try and u get in, you should also try to play the Sunday Storm($1M GTD)as if you cash both tournaments you’ll be entered into an all-shootout for a Platinum Pass.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s worth a shot so long as you’re not using it as an excuse to break your ‘no play period’. Only problem I find with the massive PS special tournaments is the fields are crazy big to navigate through.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already tried, yesterday I scored 12 dollars on in my pokerstar account, my goal was to win some satellites but instead I went into the cash tables and lost everything

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say go for it, as I myself am currently trying to satty into it. I’ll be playing mostly 2x shootouts for $7.50 w/ 1seat.If you do decide to try and u get in, you should also try to play the Sunday Storm($1M GTD)as if you cash both tournaments you’ll be entered into an all-shootout for a Platinum Pass.
Thanks for this info! I deposited $10 and played a few SATs then found myself playing 10 cent sit and go's and cashed in some of them.

Going to focus on SATs now and if I go bankrupt I won't deposit again. :D

Also GL in the satellites!

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already tried, yesterday I scored 12 dollars on in my pokerstar account, my goal was to win some satellites but instead I went into the cash tables and lost everything
Sorry to hear that. :(

I'm trying to focus on satellites at the minute but it's difficult. :D

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s worth a shot so long as you’re not using it as an excuse to break your ‘no play period’. Only problem I find with the massive PS special tournaments is the fields are crazy big to navigate through.
Thanks! :D

Just thought it won't happen again for another year so why not try to sat in. :D

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same problem i do not want deposit any more but all this satelites are so intersting.

Nata Prima

Nata Prima

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rightly said already live once! And you can take a chance and maybe you are lucky! Chances should always be implemented.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say don't do it. Stick to freerolls for a couple months and focus on improving your game.

You promised yourself you wouldn't deposit for a couple months if you lost so you need to keep that promise. Self control is super important for a poker player, if you can't keep a promise to yourself then you lack the self control needed to be a winning player.

If you're just trying to gamble and have fun playing poker then I say go for it. The question is are you trying to be a winning poker player or a gambler? If you're trying to be a winning poker player then keep your promise and don't deposit again for a couple months.

This will make you appreciate your bankroll much more when you have it if you do wait a couple months. You'll know what it's like to be broke for a couple months playing freerolls and you won't want to take a risk and go back to that point.

Anyways, best of luck and please consider this!:icon_joke

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such tourneys run few times per year, it's the second time they're running 10mil this year.You'l have to wait for half a year+ for next such event
In your place i would go for it and Good Luck

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see any problem.
If you want to play, play and do not make it difficult.
But in the future, swear to yourself or to anyone else is not needed.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im in a similar situation with you. Bankrupted and dont wanna deposit for a while. I believe what Clowntown said is the best advice. Stick to the plan. Discipline is what differentiate winning players from gamblers. So ask yourself, do you want to be a solid poker player or a gambler? Whatever the answer, be true to yourself and act accordingly.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can't win if you don't play and you can't play if you don't deposit.
fwiw, sattelites with longshot payout... ie. pays 1 position aren't worth playing imo. Personally I prefer ones that have at least a 1 in 10 payout... but even better are the 1 in 5 payout satties.

And for those who are suggesting "don't deposit! Play freerolls". Yah... sure... do that if you want to waste your time & stay STuCK playing vs. players who aren't even thinking beyond level 1 stuff. You're not going to improve much at all if you are only playing those games AND you certainly aren't going to take home a $1million prizepool.

Think of poker tournament entries like you'd think of a ticket in the lottery. The difference being those who have more skill & experience are playing it as if they have more tickets. Whatever way you look at it, it's a decent chance at a decent score even if you suck at the pokerzz (I've seen a lot of bad players going deep in tournaments.... one of them this week a bunch of times. If they can do it... why not you?).

gl in the next $$ tournament you play in & can you please do us a favour? ... post your result on here (when you cash ... obviously) so we can rub it in the faces of the 'freeroll pros'!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look, maybe you are right, maybe you are not. Everyone is entitled in his opinion.

All I say is that when you lost your entire bankroll you may want some time to reconsider what had gone wrong and what mistakes you made before just reloading and hope you hit the lottery. And I dont agree that if you dont deposit you cant be a winning player. Being a winning player is all about finding your leaks, fixing them and study the game. Every gambler can win from time to time. Of course he can reload and even win the sunday million. Of course he can reload and playing the same game that lead him to lose his entire bankroll, lose his new deposit too. Since poker is all about the odds, what the odds are?

And if he could run so good in sunday million, then in the same concept why not run good in the 5000$ freeroll or daily cardchat freerolls?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Look, maybe you are right, maybe you are not. Everyone is entitled in his opinion.

All I say is that when you lost your entire bankroll you may want some time to reconsider what had gone wrong and what mistakes you made before just reloading and hope you hit the lottery. And I dont agree that if you dont deposit you cant be a winning player. Being a winning player is all about finding your leaks, fixing them and study the game. Every gambler can win from time to time. Of course he can reload and even win the sunday million. Of course he can reload and playing the same game that lead him to lose his entire bankroll, lose his new deposit too. Since poker is all about the odds, what the odds are?

And if he could run so good in sunday million, then in the same concept why not run good in the 5000$ freeroll or daily cardchat freerolls?

If he really wants to be a 'C' for 'Champion, he needs to start putting in some volume. Yah.. he can win a few $$'s in freerolls... but why not play 'real' games at the same time??? I mean the majority of players in freerolls suck b4lls... so you're playing mostly A-B-C poker (it's not like you really need to think much in those games to be competitive).
Wayne Gretzky didn't just keep playing on his backyard ice rink to become the great one. Yes it was part of it... but only a small part.

The 'freeroller mentality' is gonna keep you down.