Reconciling Poker, Family and Social Life: What does it take?

K

klauber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are reading this article and have questions on this subject it is evident that I would like to know the answer, do not you? Yes, I will respond, but not yet now, because the subject is broad, full of individual factors that can compose the answer. Based on my experience I will respond to the questioning that a part of the players of poker is made. Just as I did myself. So come on.
It can be a difficult situation for anyone to understand the work or even the lucrative (or not-so-profitable) hobby of poker players whether at real or virtual tables, especially those closest to them, or necessarily accompany the routine of those who grind for hobby or do it in their profession, are wives, husbands, children, brothers, girlfriends, mothers and fathers who certainly have many doubts in the head about the profession or hobby of their loved one a poker lover, yes my friends believe, the vast majority do not know the reasons that lead us to spend several hours sitting in front of a computer on a sunny holiday or leaving the mother-in-law's birthday party aside when we have a real table tournament, it is up to us, unfairly the mask of the antisocial villain, in the eyes of the people, we are that being that leaves aside social life, family, friends and party for the battle at the tables (computers) in search of the spike in the tournament. Some may see poker as normal while others may view it as an addictive and destructive game based on limited information about the subject. Be patient and realize that it may take some time before your friend or family member starts seeing the game the same way you see it. I know both sides of the coin, because I learned to love poker through my girlfriend who is now my wife, I learned by free and spontaneous pressure at the time, because according to the popular saying "If you can not beat the enemy, join him "And there were 15 years in which I was introduced to the sport that I consider today an extension of my tasks, through poker I was able to unite the pleasure of practicing a fantastic sport and having the daily company of my table partner that is my beloved wife. I learned in life that everything in excess does not do well, poker is no different, table time is precious, but life outside of it is essential. Now the main thing, the answer to the question of the article, yes, it is possible to reconcile everything, because in my opinion all things must have their own time and space, because just like in poker, focus, concentration and actions should be part also from our routine off the tables in order to bring the necessary balance not only for your life but also for the life of your family and friends. I believe that having a family and being there for them as a great father and husband is also a good recipe for winning at the tables and out of them. The key word is "Balance", always.
Royal flush to all !!!