Reasoning about poker

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have been playing poker for a long time, but just now I started to understand the game, as they say from the inside, its subtleties and nuances. I play almost every day, and every day I make mistakes in this or that situation, I understand it after the rally, when I’m analyzing the game. I had a question to myself: “Is it possible to play without mistakes?” I think how much will you play, so much will you learn, as in the saying: “Live forever, learn forever.” I believe that playing poker you can’t play only according to the rules template, but you also need to improvise in one situation or another. What do you think about all this? Sincerely, Sergey.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, practice is important, it is also good to read a bit of theory in poker, in poker each tournament is a different lesson, do not worry about mistakes, professionals also do it

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you should watch the streams of poker pros playing at youtube. You will see that even players at the very top are not at their A game all the time.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have been playing poker for a long time, but just now I started to understand the game, as they say from the inside, its subtleties and nuances. I play almost every day, and every day I make mistakes in this or that situation, I understand it after the rally, when I’m analyzing the game. I had a question to myself: “Is it possible to play without mistakes?” I think how much will you play, so much will you learn, as in the saying: “Live forever, learn forever.” I believe that playing poker you can’t play only according to the rules template, but you also need to improvise in one situation or another. What do you think about all this? Sincerely, Sergey.

Hello.
I agree. Sometimes we have to make difficult decisions and only your experience and your skills can help you in this. Poker is a game that needs constant training and improvement, so only patient players have a chance to become professionals.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to learn not to let the results of any one session influence your decision to exit the game. This is because short-term results will not matter in poker due to the long-term nature of this game.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The correct way to play poker is the one that generates the most profits, and this way is not one, but many ways. There is a discussion today, between what is known as GTO who tell us the most appropriate movement for a certain situation for the "population" in which we are playing, and on the other hand what is known as an exploitative game, in which, no matters what the GTO says, but because having some information about the specific rival of that moment, a movement can be profitable.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the concept of errors in poker is also relative, of course, except for gross elementary errors. For example, against a certain type of player just the same game with errors can bring a decent profit, since you exploit some weakness of the opponent.

Going with aces to all in won't be a mistake, but if you end up being sent out with no prizes? so everything is relative.:)