Has anyone read this Book, if so could you tell me what its like

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ha, the title says that you're reading it!
Why don't you tell us what it's like. lol

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ha, the title says that you're reading it!
Why don't you tell us what it's like. lol
Nice one... lol... :)
Unless you didn't really know that's the books actual name... :eek: ROFL... :rofl:

Naw, seriously, I haven't read that one yet. Might add it to my list tho'. Last book on tells I read was Caro's Book of poker tells. Older, but not a bad read in general.

Last edited:
Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanx for the url Lark. I was reading some of the posts on the right hand column of the page and most of the info/discussions are definite eye-openers. I will see to getting this book soon...

L

likeadonk23o

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good book

Has anyone read this Book, if so could you tell me what its like
here ya go..I have read nearly every poker book written in the last 50 years & this book Reading Poker
Tells by Zachary Elwood is in a class along with Super System by Doyle Brunson.
If you are a poker player this book will help you earn $1000s more than you are now. if you are just learning poker get this book & start winning, a good number of professional poker players have read it and recommend & rated it among 5 stars as I have.

A

apokerplayer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, guys. I'm the author of Reading Poker Tells if you had any questions for me.

People have been asking me when the ebook version is coming out, so I might as well say now that it will be ready in a week or so.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, guys. I'm the author of Reading Poker Tells if you had any questions for me.

People have been asking me when the ebook version is coming out, so I might as well say now that it will be ready in a week or so.

Thanks for joining Zach!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

what do you feel your book brings that is "new" to the community?

There's obv been lots of books on tells, but what do you think makes yours unique?

A

apokerplayer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you feel your book brings that is "new" to the community?

There's obv been lots of books on tells, but what do you think makes yours unique?

I think there's only been a couple decent books on tells: Mike Caro's and Joe Navarro's. I think the rest are uniformly bad. I think mine is the best of the bunch, and I say that very humbly, because I think it's mainly a statement about the quality of all of the other books out there and not about the quality of mine.

I think my book is much more practical than either Caro's or Navarro's. I think Caro's book was good, but I think it was geared to playing very simple players with very obvious tells. Most of the tells he described you are unlikely to see in a game of decent stakes.

I think Navarro's stuff is basically just a catalog of general human behavior; basically a "what's possible" list of behavior, without much poker knowledge behind it. I also think there's a lot about the behavior exhibited in criminal interrogations that doesn't cross over to poker, so I think a lot of Navarro's stuff is misguided. It does not read to me like it was written by someone who has played a lot of poker.

I have a lot of tells in my book that I think are very important, and that I use regularly, and that I've never seen written about anywhere else. This was mainly the reason I wanted to write this book; not because I think I'm a poker tells "guru", but just because I was always surprised that I'd never seen these things covered.

Lastly, I think my organization and framework for thinking about tells is much more practical a way to think about tells than I've seen anywhere else. I think it will help people spot player-specific tells and remember tells more easily than they have before.

I don't like to toot my own horn, but check out some of the reviews on Amazon if you get a chance. I'm frankly very flattered by the response the book has gotten.

N

Neoblast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I read a few poker books, and the one I liked the most was negreanu's texas power holdem and super system.

They say quite some stuff for poker tells, common weaknesses, in online poker you have the advantage of the poker huds which tell you more or less how some player behaves thus having more odds to read accurately...

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there's only been a couple decent books on tells: Mike Caro's and Joe Navarro's. I think the rest are uniformly bad. I think mine is the best of the bunch, and I say that very humbly, because I think it's mainly a statement about the quality of all of the other books out there and not about the quality of mine.

I think my book is much more practical than either Caro's or Navarro's. I think Caro's book was good, but I think it was geared to playing very simple players with very obvious tells. Most of the tells he described you are unlikely to see in a game of decent stakes.

I think Navarro's stuff is basically just a catalog of general human behavior; basically a "what's possible" list of behavior, without much poker knowledge behind it. I also think there's a lot about the behavior exhibited in criminal interrogations that doesn't cross over to poker, so I think a lot of Navarro's stuff is misguided. It does not read to me like it was written by someone who has played a lot of poker.

I have a lot of tells in my book that I think are very important, and that I use regularly, and that I've never seen written about anywhere else. This was mainly the reason I wanted to write this book; not because I think I'm a poker tells "guru", but just because I was always surprised that I'd never seen these things covered.

Lastly, I think my organization and framework for thinking about tells is much more practical a way to think about tells than I've seen anywhere else. I think it will help people spot player-specific tells and remember tells more easily than they have before.

Amazon if you get a chance. I'm frankly very flattered by the response the book has gotten.

Thanks for the detailed response!:D

I plan on getting a copy shortly here, if I can find one. Depending on my final exams, I'll try to finish and maybe write a short review for CC and others around the forums :cool:

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Warmest of welcomes, Zach--thanks so much for being here and doing this. Looking forward to reading and discussing your book.

I plan on getting a copy shortly here, if I can find one. Depending on my final exams, I'll try to finish and maybe write a short review for CC...

That would be great, deuces.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will be reading it too so we can have a little discussion about it.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too have this book coming.

W

Woahbaby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I just ordered this book, I don't have it yet but it should be here in 3 days. I was really hoping it was on the kindle but i am assuming it will be released later. I never had this much anticipation for a poker book before most be something special. :)

W

Woahbaby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently just went bankrupt from playing live bad brm i guess but at 1/2 nlh there's nothing lower. I was always able to play a solid Tag or lag game but when looking for reads i never had a clue what to look for, so i am really hoping this book can fill in those spots.

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have orderd the book today

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me know when the Ebook is ready please

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine should come any day now

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High praise here and by all amazon reviewers, seems like I will be ordering my very own shortly!

G

genleemb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I own Caro's and Navarro's book ... looking forward to buying this one as well.

Poker Tells