Rakeback deal on a running account

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As I started playing internet poker regularly last year I didn't even know that rakeback deals were possible at all.

Now, after some experience and knowing a fair share of maths I figure that playing without rakeback is like swimming with an anchor.

I don't want to hear anything about "If you can't beat the rake don't play" stuff - that's not the point.

Has anyone here got experience in getting a rakeback deal on an existing account ?

I just don't want to close my accounts and set up new ones.

Any advice ?

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you didn't sign up through an affiliate the first time you signed up for the site you might be able to get Rakeback. You'd have to contact a rakeback site and they'd talk to their contact at the site and let you know. If they say they can't you're screwed.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you didn't sign up through an affiliate the first time you signed up for the site you might be able to get Rakeback. You'd have to contact a rakeback site and they'd talk to their contact at the site and let you know. If they say they can't you're screwed.

Thats it. A well known rakeback site which allows you to rake the rake you are charged has a form on it for converting accounts to rakeback.

I am told that it is far more likely that you will be able to convert if you didn't originally sign up through an affiliate.

If the form doesn't work.. and its fairly likely that t wont, I would suggest the next step is to contact the site, explain the situation and tell them that you will be closing your account if they do not comply with your wishes. Its in their interest to keep you as a customer.

Beond that the only other possibility is to open an account at a site on the same network (not going to help with the independents, but the others you can do this with).

W

wd021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard of people who sent an e-mail to the customer support of the poker site they use and sometimes they allow you to get rake. The chances of this are pretty low though.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't even try with Full Tilt if you signed up through an affiliate. They will say no and it is non-negotiable.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone here actually obtained rakeback after the fact?

Behrens900

Behrens900

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the same situation as you when I first started playing online poker because I too did not know there was such a thing as rakeback. I think the only solution for this is to switch to a new pokersite. That is how I started playing at full tilt -- I originally had a pokerstars account or something but then found rakeback and decided to try a new site. There are plenty of poker sites out there so I don't think you will have a problem finding another site. Good luck.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Send FT an email and if you didnt sign up through affilliate they will put you on a list and at some point you will probably get it. Today was one of the days they called some names. I sent the email about 2 months ago and enty sent one 2 days ago and now we have it so who knows.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys so far - I don't think I signed up through an affiliate on any site.
I'll try those steps you recommended - and keep you posted about the outcome.

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Don't even try with Full Tilt if you signed up through an affiliate. They will say no and it is non-negotiable."

I can understand the sites that they dont want to betray their longtime affiliates by just letting people switch...
I will try at FullTilt, as i think that i signed up via their website directly..., see what happens...

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Send FT an email and if you didnt sign up through affilliate they will put you on a list and at some point you will probably get it. Today was one of the days they called some names. I sent the email about 2 months ago and enty sent one 2 days ago and now we have it so who knows.

I sent them one 3 days ago and they told me I'd go on some list for future considerations of some sort. I guess I wasn't one of the lucky ones today -- haven't heard anything like widowmaker89 and enty. I signed up directly, too, over two years ago but hardly play there now. That would change if they let me sign up with an affiliate that offers rakeback. Anyone playing against those that do have rakeback is at a disadvantage,

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Similar to others, I set up an account on FTP years back to play the occasional play money game.

For what it's worth I have simply decided to keep my roll anywhere else besides FTP (stars currently) since this policy is so amazingly uncool.

I can play at stars and not be at any further disadvantage than my "playstyle" already avails me. :)

I wrote FTP an email stating the same thing.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a rakeback deal on FT now - Since I didn't sign up through an ffiliate it was no problem :D.

I do have to deposite within the next 60 days to make it work though.

(Hehe - I got a neteller accout exactly for that).

Nothing to report about the other sites yet.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a rakeback deal on FT now - Since I didn't sighn up through an ffiliate it was no problem :D.

I do have to deposite within the next 60 days to make it work though.

(Hehe - I got a neteller accout exactly for that).

Nothing to report about the other sites yet.

You need a $25 deposit. The first deposit can be any ammount over $10 but after that the minimum goes up to $50.

So if you just want to put in the $25 required for rakeback, remember to do it on the first deposit.. otherwise you will be redepositing another $50!!

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a $25 deposit. The first deposit can be any ammount over $10 but after that the minimum goes up to $50.

So if you just want to put in the $25 required for rakeback, remember to do it on the first deposit.. otherwise you will be redepositing another $50!!

Good to know - I'll try and scratch em together ;)....

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to know - I'll try and scratch em together ;)....

Well I made the mistake of putting just $10 in as I only wanted the account to play the CC freerolls on.. but decided to get rakeback incase I decided to play there in the future.

So I deposited $10 just to get the account set up. Found out it required $25 and therefore had to deposit another $50.

All in all I ended up depositing $60 into an account that I only wanted for freerolls at the moment!!

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i joined i didn't know about rakeback either, on FT.
i sent them a letter and they said they where working on it and put me on a list. so i guess just wait and see. peace :)

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
revisited

Ok, it is possible, at least for carbon (probably the whole merge network).

I signed up and they got me moved.

Got 30% (standard) rakeback after just a few mails exachanged with customer support.

- I did not deposit (yet :rolleyes:).
- I did not use an affiliate link as I downloaded carbon in the first place.
- I was allowed to keep my user name and the 39$ I accumulated.

I can only strongly recommend that those who haven't got rakeback yet give it a shot.

Whether it works with other rakeback sites and / or other poker sites I do not know - but I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why it's so hard with some sites to give the rakeback after account creation while it's so easy before.
And what if the people close their account, wait a few months, and reopen account again ?

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i signed up thru pokerlistings to ft but never made a deposit and after i finally deposited for the bonus they told me i wasnt affiliated because i didnt deposit within 30 or 60 days. a few months later i heard about getting rakeback and tried it and a month later ft said it was on...i have been a regular there since ,getting weekly "paychecks"....but the new software doesnt jive with my computer or dial up connection and im out of the loop now.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some

Very good question by the way,Ive got rakeback on some,and argued my way into some that were pre-existing...I proved the affilliate no longer had a website tho...its best to let the rakeback site ask the poker site for you,on your behalf.
The only other way,is to ask the poker site to completely close your account,and leave it closed for at least a year,then re-join thru a rakeback site,this works on most sites,except the micro-sites I believe.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why it's so hard with some sites to give the rakeback after account creation while it's so easy before.
And what if the people close their account, wait a few months, and reopen account again ?

Affiliates.

The deal with affiliates is that they get people to join a pokersite, in return they get a small percentage of the rake generated by the player (it adds up!!)

After joining you are basically asking the pokersite to go back on its end of the deal and stop paying the affiliate who referred you so that you can switch to an affiliate which provides rakeback.

FTPHeHaTeMe

FTPHeHaTeMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I tried to get it through full tilt but they don't ever change anything which is bad customer service.......... IF you clearly didnt know then they should let you do it..... oh well