Quit My Job and Play Poker?

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading it,

Having $500 and playing one table is simply not sustainable unfortunately?

Because you've not played enough games you wont have gone on a proper downswing yet and making $100 from $10 SnG's seems easy

But when you go through a breakeven week thats $700 behind where you want to be and that you have to catch up.

For now stick to the day job and build up your bankroll, you wouldnt be able to go full time on bankroll alone at the moment never mind volume and skill level :)

I would be happy makeong $50 per day and i belive its possible

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
you should win a decent amount every month ....if you don't appreciate your present work that's another thing you could change, learn ,do something more creative but anyway good luck

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you earn more than on your work
then yes)))

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quit work and play poker? it's a bad idea if you are going to make a living playing online poker. if you want earn only play live poker. I think online poker can earn a living those people whose wages are less than$ 100 by playing in freerolls

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wonder if everything is OK, then who's in the red?

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go for it man,just do it..!!!! make your dream come true..!! yes you can..!!! jussst jusst... just do it..!!! nothing is imposible..!!! just do iitttttt..!!!!!!!

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go for it man,just do it..!!!! make your dream come true..!! yes you can..!!! jussst jusst... just do it..!!! nothing is imposible..!!! just do iitttttt..!!!!!!!

IM GONNA DO IT!

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am fairly good at playing and can allways build my balance up playing a tight-aggressive game when i am focused. should i quit my boring Nine to five and live the dream or is that a bad move

Watch this video and Quit work. Video will help you in the future. I believe in you.
494543080.jpg

Last edited:
jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello me of you I would continue in my routine, after I get a big prize to remove my worries, so I can play without any kind of concern.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't like ur job then quit.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a bad idea to quit your job. Poker includes long periods of bad runs sometimes and you will need to pay bills. I dont think a 500 dollar bankroll justifies you leaving a job. Thats just my personal opinion. You need strong foundations to build upon.

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a bad idea to quit your job. Poker includes long periods of bad runs sometimes and you will need to pay bills. I dont think a 500 dollar bankroll justifies you leaving a job. Thats just my personal opinion. You need strong foundations to build upon.

a strong state of mind and a can do attitude is all i need

M

mendez_g1122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a strong state of mind and a can do attitude is all i need
How old are you seriously? You're completely illogical and have no idea what any of the common poker terms even mean. Not trying to be rude but you can't be ignorant and hope for a miracle.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do it but $500 isn't enough. Give yourself the best chance to make it by choosing the safe/smart play first.

Stick to your job. Play when you are not working. Build your bankroll up so you can play in some bigger games.

You said you been playing for two years. That isn't very long. You admit you haven't experienced a long down swing yet but it will come. You may think you logged allot of hours during those two years but It is likely you haven't.

Keep working and build your life roll and grind the tables when there is time.

How hard is it to find another job where you are at ? You should take that into consideration also. Because if poker doesn't work out you will need to find a way to make income.

Build up enough money to sustain you in life for 6 months. Which would be your life roll and not used for poker. Make sure your Poker Roll is much more than $500 before you give it a shot. $500 is just play money when we are talking about quitting jobs and trying to go pro.

The swings in poker can be brutal.

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do it but $500 isn't enough. Give yourself the best chance to make it by choosing the safe/smart play first.

Stick to your job. Play when you are not working. Build your bankroll up so you can play in some bigger games.

You said you been playing for two years. That isn't very long. You admit you haven't experienced a long down swing yet but it will come. You may think you logged allot of hours during those two years but It is likely you haven't.

Keep working and build your life roll and grind the tables when there is time.

How hard is it to find another job where you are at ? You should take that into consideration also. Because if poker doesn't work out you will need to find a way to make income.

Build up enough money to sustain you in life for 6 months. Which would be your life roll and not used for poker. Make sure your Poker Roll is much more than $500 before you give it a shot. $500 is just play money when we are talking about quitting jobs and trying to go pro.

The swings in poker can be brutal.

I think i can beat them swimgs by taking a decent breaks here and there and forgetting about poker for a few hours, then come back strong it has worked very well for me, also 500 is enough to sttart earning around 50-100 perday im not greedy maybe 1,000 then

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i can beat them swimgs by taking a decent breaks here and there and forgetting about poker for a few hours, then come back strong it has worked very well for me, also 500 is enough to sttart earning around 50-100 perday im not greedy maybe 1,000 then

It is not about being greedy but being smart. Taking a break is great and 2 hours may be all you need for yourself but there is no time frame that is going to account for bad luck or being card dead. It is just about impossible to profit everyday. You will have break even days and days you loose more then you can grind in a week. It will happen.

I lost a $2000 + pot yesterday when I had the nut straight and got drowned on the river. Lost $1000 pot due to someone chasing an all in flush draw, it hit. Lost $1500 pot in a similar hand as the first one I mentioned and lost 3 or 4 more smaller to mid size pots in similar fashion. All at $1/$2 table. I was way ahead each time. And just like that 6 weeks profit gone. Why do I tell you this .. because there is no accounting for luck. You will run into this same situation if you grind on a daily basis.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At this point reading this thread, I don't think there is even a reason to respond to you anymore to say whether you should or shouldn't do it. Your mind seems made up and that's that.

Also PS, you win rate is not 75%. Also why do you think you will make 50$ a day. Is this something you've achieved already.