Question for long time grinders

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, again

I currently enjoy playing freerolls on BCP. I have played on 888 before and managed to get around $15 but a friend of mine somehow lost on 0.2/0.5 games...
Anyway, I continued to play for myself and I watched many poker related videos, that's how i came across this video.

I know that many still hate him, even here where i can somehow feel the positive vibe since my first introduction thread, but he is a smart guy and i find his hand of the day videos pretty informative, tell me if i am wrong btw? :)

Anyway, I do not feel the same as he felt when he was beginning to play poker, did you guys (and girls ofc) feel the same when you started playing?
Does that mean that i am no "good fit" for poker??? :confused:

Sorry if i took too much of your time for reading this :(

Here is the video

I cut out the first 50 seconds of advertising, that's boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulr7Qaz9KBE?t=50

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Benego,

I have been playing @ 25 years and remember the first tourny I won out right was a £2 freeze out, for £220, I was not a good player, I got some good cards when it mattered, but the actual buz I got from that win was enormous, and I can tell you now, from that first win I get the same buz whenever I play, I absolutely love this game live or online.

What caught my eye about your post was this paragraph below,

I currently enjoy playing freerolls on BCP. I have played on 888 before and managed to get around $15 but a friend of mine somehow lost on 0.2/0.5 games...

LOL I had a good laugh to myself (but a friend of mine somehow lost on 0.2/0.5 games..).

I am still laughing now as I type I have played in a $1500 wsop game, I have played in big European games, and for me to win the 02/05 game I need to play at my my very best, because what happens I start off doing very well if I put my mind to it, say get up to @ $15 then by playing more and more aggressively, I usually end up losing the lot, so like your friend, I all so find it hard to win 02/05 game with 25 years experience, but to be fair even at that level there are some decent players, I dont play cash games now, so when I have time to spare and not playing satellites or Tournaments, this is when I sit down at this level of 02/05. and more than likely end up losing.

I can honestly say Benego I never get bored from playing poker
GL at the tables.

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Benego,

I have been playing @ 25 years and remember the first tourny I won out right was a £2 freeze out, for £220, I was not a good player, I got some good cards when it mattered, but the actual buz I got from that win was enormous, and I can tell you now, from that first win I get the same buz whenever I play, I absolutely love this game live or online.

What caught my eye about your post was this paragraph below,

LOL I had a good laugh to myself (but a friend of mine somehow lost on 0.2/0.5 games..).

I am still laughing now as I type I have played in a $1500 WSOP game, I have played in big European games, and for me to win the 02/05 game I need to play at my my very best, because what happens I start off doing very well if I put my mind to it, say get up to @ $15 then by playing more and more aggressively, I usually end up losing the lot, so like your friend, I all so find it hard to win 02/05 game with 25 years experience, but to be fair even at that level there are some decent players, I dont play cash games now, so when I have time to spare and not playing satellites or Tournaments, this is when I sit down at this level of 02/05. and more than likely end up losing.

I can honestly say Benego I never get bored from playing poker
GL at the tables.

Thanks for answering... I guess I will have to pick up first big win and we will see.. But, also, as everything, poker needs time, and i am lacking it currently because of the job, relationship etc.

Glad that I made you laugh :D