Quads in Omaha

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Just a quick post to ask if you bump into or get quads often?
I'm asking because on my last 4 sessions (short ones like 2H) I bumped 3 times into quads when I had top Full house. The last one was a bit painful. I was cruising, getting hands and making moves in position. Not careful enough I guess. I paid too quickly his last bet Allin and got the bad news.
But I mean even in Omaha top boat against quads are not supposed to occur that often, are they?

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Just a quick post to ask if you bump into or get quads often?
I'm asking because on my last 4 sessions (short ones like 2H) I bumped 3 times into quads when I had top Full house. The last one was a bit painful. I was cruising, getting hands and making moves in position. Not careful enough I guess. I paid too quickly his last bet Allin and got the bad news.
But I mean even in Omaha top boat against quads are not supposed to occur that often, are they?
Yea you are right,poker in omaha in your case on full ring table can not come 4 times that often,its just a variance,but its possible,and yes top boat in omaha against poker supposed not to occur that often!

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely meet with this

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude.

just think before typing.

everyone gets 4 hole cards.

Meaning hand strength to scoop a pot needs to essentially be the nuts in Full Ring with more flexibility in a 6 max game.

so if everyone gets 4 cards

theres 5 community cards

the possibilities get crazy and thats why GTO nerds get pummelled in PLO

no one has a solid understanding of the reverse implied levels of the game.

Ive been wrecked for a couple bucks Quads 7s vs Quad 9s.

But I count my blessing because most quads hold up.

U

unuiqename1234567890

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker...

I just lost to quads 2 hands in a row, three times in less than 50 hands, i was not keeping exact count but i think this time around it was less than 30 hands. sometimes i go months without losing to quads, then months like these every time i log in, i play 20-30 minutes and i consistently lose where i am a 9-1 favorite. my advice just avoid online poker. it is not like how it used to be, only after black friday have i ever doubted the legitimacy of the online game. People that spout variance, are just lying to themselves. You can observe the other hands that you are not involved in. you can count how often you see one outers hit in a session, whether you are involved or not.

Last edited:
D

Dks21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Quads in a row

So i want to share my experience with you guys.I m playing online poker almost 10 years i have seen many things.recently i started to play in a poker site thats in the top 5.i deposit 10 $ just to check whats going on,after some sng's i decided to check omaha cash games 6 handed.So a guy next to me was folding all his hands for 10 minutes then he raised when i had Queens and nines so we saw the flop.the flop was 9-10-10 ofc he had flopped quads and i lost that fullboat.next hand exactly i had a great hand i raised and the board came 6-6-5..then 6 on turn and Ace on river.guess what.he had the 6 that gave him quads again twice in a row.and then i was like what the fack dude how?And i want to ask you guys the same thing.What the fack is happening?how is that possible and if it is why those things doesnt happen to us as well?? I m sorry if my english sucks just want to share my experience.