Psychology of Poker

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think there are any? The all in merchants are experts at this, They are banking on your fear of going out of the game, and in most cases they don't have a hand.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you know against whom you are playing, cards are not important.:icon_sant

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't think there are any? The all in merchants are experts at this, They are banking on your fear of going out of the game, and in most cases they don't have a hand.
Not really. They usually have some kind of hand (see below).
When you know against whom you are playing, cards are not important.:icon_sant
Sometimes. Most people are going to make that all-in call with any pair, most any Ace, and most connected or gapped broadways (especially when suited). Some really tight people may not make the call. If I know that I'm playing against the latter, then you are correct. But, there are not that many of them.

Timmi1015

Timmi1015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is called a player’s skill. So he clearly sees that you fold a lot and uses it

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker card combination wins only it was not poker!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion poker is based on pyschology and mathematics.
I like to change my attitude in one tournament, and grab the opportunity to win huge cash, cause the stereotipes. So being unfathomable is a turning point, but try to guess the others behaviour as well, using staistics and observations. So yeah, if you mix up these two fields well, you'll succeed. ;)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I do not like bluffing

It's true when you play with a bluffer who does not feel lost

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once the site knows what hands you favor, they can make your all in percentage be whatever they need it to be. WPT, imo, will never use the math for random poker dealing because K9s will never be able to sustain vs QQ without help from the website

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion poker is based on pyschology and mathematics.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To everything above I would add that much depends on the limit. What works on one limit will not work on the other.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think poker psychology is based primarily on effective self-control. Self-control, patience and discipline are key skills for good results.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I recommend a very good book called the mentality of a poker player there you will find the psychology of poker all you have to control and act

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Online is hard to read someone, but in live... all changes

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Fear is a basic instinct and any player can use that instinct to their advantage. For example, you may be so afraid of losing money that you will only play freerolls and thus be able to increase your bankroll without risking your own money. :D
Good luck.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find psychology in poker to be extremely satisfying. There are times where I may lose a hand, but if I know someone saw it and thinks I play a certain way I will switch up and play another way when I'm against that one player. it's hard, but instead of having a "Table Image" I try to maintain an image of what each player at the table thinks of me. But I'm working on it.

M

mengarda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

This is part of the thrill of the game. We have to learn when is the perfect time to explore this.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffs are mostly used on the turn, river, and good from a tight player. Everyone who uses the game software uses the opponent’s weaknesses.

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing about poker is knowing your opponent and thus knowing how he plays so that I have success in his hands.

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a combination between psychology,mathematics and common sense(regarding emotions) ..

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Play the player not the game.

This is especially important when headsup.

It's not about what cards I have - it's about what cards you think I have.

And I may not have a made hand - but do you?

Good luck !

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The main for me is to overcome bad luck.