Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ymer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my local poker room, more and more female are appearing at the tables. They, like most women, exploit their feminine charm by flirting with male players at the table to gain information.
I have come up with a theory of an effective counter-measure. I stare directly at the women's breasts and other exposed parts. This makes the women feel extremely uncomfortable and under pressure, which makes them make mistakes, and increases my profits.
Has anyone tried this at the table (or something similar) and seen how effective it can be?
Many thanks,
Karl

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mate, you are either brave or dumb ... maybe both. The wrong female may literally put you on "tilt" if you don't watch out. This tactic may well backfire on you. Just an improper tactic in my opinion, but good luck with it and hoping your hospital stay is short. :)

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stare directly at the women's breasts and other exposed parts.

...And this makes you different from the other dirty old drunks how?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You must be the guy I saw leaving the cardroom the other day.. with the shoelaces hanging out of his azz.

Y

ymer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be the guy I saw leaving the cardroom the other day.. with the shoelaces hanging out of his azz.

I wouldn't see you criticising Joe Navarro for using this tactic.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works for you, by all means keep doing that. You can do just about anything at a table except cheat and swear. Women use their feminine traits to distract men, so all is fair at the tables.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like it's just an excuse you want to use to stare at tits. lol

Y

ymer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like it's just an excuse you want to use to stare at tits. lol

Well that's a bonus, but like I said I would stare at a man's penis if I thought it would make him fold.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...like I said I would stare at a man's penis if I thought it would make him fold.

And how exactly would you do this? Ask the guy to stand up? Or crawl under the table?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have discovered an effective contermeasure to your countermeasure.

Woman1: "Excuse me dealer but that guy keeps trying to look down my top"
Woman2: "Yeah he's doing it to me too"
Man: "I didnt want to say anything but I think he keeps staring at my crutch"
Dealer: "Ill call the floor"
You: "I'm not a pervert, its an intimidation tactic"
Floor: "Well we would like you to leave regardless"

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't see you criticising Joe Navarro for using this tactic.

I don't recall this 'tactic' being mentioned in Read 'em and Reap...

Anywho, the so-called 'tactic' seems stupid IMO because even if it does induce 'mistakes', how can you know it's going to induce the kind of mistake you want in any given hand? An opponent you want to fold might call you out of spite, or vice versa. Or if it always scares people off their hands and makes them fold then it's equally stupid because you obviously won't be doing it when you've got a strong hand and want calls, therefore becomes a blatant tell.

Alternatively, if you make people genuinely uncomfortable at the table they might just get up and leave the game, and unless they're so good that you can't beat them that's never a good thing in a live game. Or, as Stu points out above, there's an equally good chance the 'tactic' will get you thrown out of the game, in which case you're an ever bigger loser.

Go back to the drawing board / just admit what you really want is an excuse to be a pervert IMO.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think he's trying to be a pervert. That's just a boner... (oops) I mean bonus.

Anyway, it's stupid and offensive. Look for another advantage before you get the tar beaten out of you, perhaps deservedly.

CheckraiseLife

CheckraiseLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
table intimidation? slowly strangle a bunny to death when its your turn to act-
now your the tabe captain. wp

(Mike Caro would shit himself...I guess that meens **** this guy..fold)

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fire back with some physical intimidation

J

JMcCabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I remember, Navarro does mention this in his book. I also think he described it as rude/offensive/etc

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Joe Nahscaro pg. 27, par.3 -> Guy has crawled under the table & is staring at your penis... this means he is weak! Call him! (but do not let him call you!.. do not give this guy your #!!!!!)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I remember, Navarro does mention this in his book. I also think he described it as rude/offensive/etc

Sure, he mentions it in that context (p.42-43 FWIW). Nowhere does he say it's a 'tactic' worth using though - in fact he says quite the opposite, pointing out that engaging in physically intimidating behaviour is stupid because at best all it will do is distract your attention away from playing well.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but don't you guys just love doing it though? Imma dedicated breast watcher... I once got a bloody nose for my efforts. That girl had a punch. Course, it cudda been cuz I grabbed her derriere as well... :dontknow:

-

M

MsMiLLions

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so how is the girls flirting any diff than the guys trying to bully? At the end of the day every one is trying to win the game :)

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been in tournaments where woman openly talk about their own boobs, and use them to distract the other players. Your strategy is a pretty weak one.
Showing off boobs is such a big unfair advantage. If a guy were to show off his any of his privates, he would immediately get kicked out or even arrested later on.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if your staring at the boobs it's mission accomplished for her,I've played when women had tattoos on their boobs and all I did all night was try an figure out what the tattoos were , besides staring at the boobs too lol :fisheye:

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the other hand if you stare at a woman with a plunging kneckline, she might give away physical tells of strength and weaknesses.
If you stare at a guys crotch you will either get hooked up, or punched in the head.

MidyMat

MidyMat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staring at a woman's breast intimidating?...I think it just makes you look like a major pervert...You could do a lot more just by staring right in to the lady's eyes?

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, at least you are "racking" up some "posting" activity on CardsChat the easy way...and, probably about as rude/crude as trying to intimidate a woman by staring at her breast. You really want to intimidate, try playing aggressive and backing it up at "showdown".

Status
Not open for further replies.