saw this posted on another site by one of the ftp reps...
Sorry for the lack of communication yesterday, everyone was hard at work making sure we got as many fixes into today's update as possible.
Fixed in today's update:
1. Missing cards - We're confident this is fixed. Please, if you see this at all after today's update, let me know, providing as many details as possible about your computer, what you were playing, and what other software you were running at the time.
2. Hanging at the Connection (shuffling cards) screen - This should be fixed.
3. Hanging when you open the Store or other web windows - This should be fixed.
4. Needing to run as Administrator - This is fixed going forward. Unfortunately, anyone who has updated in the last few days will still need to do it for this update (since it was an updater issue and we can't update a past updater, if that makes sense).
5. Sorting of the Past Transactions - This should now be fixed. It sorts by "Time Stamp" with the most recent at top by default now. Sorting by "Transfer #" is still fairly useless.
6. Last Hand Replayer - This should now work for everyone, even if you have a non-English OS. If you still can't see the replayer, let me know, again providing as many details as you can.
Things we couldn't fix for this update:
1. "Hanging" at the Login screen - As some have figured out, this looks to be a sound library issue (Phonon, to be exact) with some sound cards / sound drivers. We're working with the vendor who provides that library to solve the issue, and hope to have it resolved within a few days.
If you have this issue, it would be helpful if you could PM (or post) the kind of computer you have, the sound card, and the sound driver (if you know how to do that). The easier it is for us to reproduce, the faster we can find a fix. This is currently our number one priority to fix.
2. Some people are reporting "lag" when they first start the client - This isn't something that's possible to "fix" because it's actually by design. We're loading a number of things right when the game launches, which causes the computer to be very active for a little bit, resulting in slightly slower dialog open/close time (like the login dialog or the very first table you open). Once everything is up and running, though, things should be very snappy and responsive.
If that's not the case, again, please provide as many details as possible about the exact nature of your problem and anything else (computer, what you were doing, what other programs were running) that might be useful.
Very sorry for these issues, and I promise we're working as hard and as fast as we can to fix everything. Thanks for your continued feedback, and please keep it coming.